PDA

View Full Version : Range-MAGs: Does anyone actually use them?

Xefi
Nov 9, 2009, 01:42 AM
I'm very curious about them since i haven't touch
them much yet. Anyone here use them at all?

tadtwisted
Nov 9, 2009, 01:46 AM
I'm very curious about them since i haven't touch
them much yet. Anyone here use them at all or I
should just skip them and not bother much?

they would be alot better if they did a triple shot or a spread shot like on a-ranks but s-rank lasers for me at least arnt as good, and most of the time a crossbow or machine gun is alot better

Shou
Nov 9, 2009, 01:49 AM
Time-attacking Acrofighters do.

DAMASCUS
Nov 9, 2009, 02:11 AM
The most useful situation I've found is using an Ice or Ground S-rank RCSM in addition to a slicer. The freeze and stun can help line up a power slice.

Bullet levelling is so important though that you should be very selective about what situations merit not using a gun-type instead.

Volcompat321
Nov 9, 2009, 02:18 AM
I used to use them when they first came out.
Haven't used them since.
I think because I like to control how I attack, not because I don't them for stats.

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 9, 2009, 04:19 AM
Generally, G.R.M. S-rank Ice and Ground RCSMs are good. When locking creatures with Regrant, I'd sometimes pair the wand with a fire Sonichi. During The Big Push, I used a lightning Sonichi paired with a slicer.

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 9, 2009, 06:12 AM
I believe they exist in the game just for people who miss the mags from PSO.

garjian
Nov 9, 2009, 06:49 AM
my Ice Elsralac do 2500 dmg total, and give a Zalure debuff...
and they shoot maybe every 2-3 seconds or so...

so theyre damn good to say its automatic... and mine arent even a good %.

Kenbog
Nov 9, 2009, 06:56 AM
just wait until this R-mag comes out
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7791/shaghejizpsp.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/shaghejizpsp.jpg/)
The Shag Hejiz...
It has 5shot spread rapid fire and extremely deadly with a newman.

garjian
Nov 9, 2009, 07:56 AM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7791/shaghejizpsp.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/shaghejizpsp.jpg/)
The Shag Hejiz...

:< i want one!!!
well... 3...

did they have to call it shag heinz-baked-beans?

Akaimizu
Nov 9, 2009, 08:27 AM
I used them when I'm playing some Acrotecher or a Guntecher and I decide to utilize attack techs. Mainly for a degree of simultaneous damage and status effect delivery. It works while I toss big rocks and stuff, improving the overall DPS of that activity by a bit. (both in bullet and in DoT, since I like ones that burn)

Keilyn
Nov 9, 2009, 09:04 AM
I made a set of 30%+ and have some 40%+ for Human Female Acrofighter with a TP increasing Head unit.

They are great when combined with a Slicer or a Saber (Also have a 30%+ set of sabers/Slicers)..^_^

Although not of high percentages due to the boards not existing as far as Looks go...Elsral are very pretty.

EspioKaos
Nov 9, 2009, 09:26 AM
The Shag Hejiz...
It has a five-shot spread in Phantasy Star Portable. In PSU however, it likely will not. The only reason I feel comfortable saying this is because every single TENORA shadoog that's been released so far in PSU has been downgraded. Shag Hodogg, for example, only has a four-way spread in PSU with a standard firing rate. Not to say that they won't be useful, just that they won't be as "broken" as they are in PSP.

Shou
Nov 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
The Opa Opa Shadoooooooooooooooooog is all the rage in JP. It must be pretty good. It has an insane fire rate.

Kenbog
Nov 9, 2009, 10:11 AM
It has a five-shot spread in Phantasy Star Portable. In PSU however, it likely will not. The only reason I feel comfortable saying this is because every single TENORA shadoog that's been released so far in PSU has been downgraded. Shag Hodogg, for example, only has a four-way spread in PSU with a standard firing rate. Not to say that they won't be useful, just that they won't be as "broken" as they are in PSP.

yeah, I based myself on the psp equivalent.
.....Well it might be a little overpowered in portable, it did more dmg per sec then my techs ^^;

rayner
Nov 9, 2009, 10:47 AM
I use them with a Wand on my Guntecher, I'm looking for better alternatives than the S-Rank GRM models, they are too slow but the SE is pretty good. I have 1 slot on my Guntecher for offensive spells + RCSM. Lv 30 Nosdiga + Ground GRM S-Rank RCSM ( Stun lv 3 ) works well on Bullet-resistant mobs.

Keilyn
Nov 9, 2009, 05:24 PM
I find the SEs are better for Soloing because by the time most of the SEs on the Rmags are applied, the enemies would be half dead or dead.....Also if you want to use the r-mags it means the user must ready to enter moderate range or short range into combat....and get close to the target you want to chance an SE on.

They are good and I recommend them at higher percentages....since R-mag + Slicer/Saber is all about kills by Speed so if there is a type you really want high %s and is all about speed killing...Acrofighter is definately it.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 9, 2009, 09:05 PM
I use Sonichis on my AF for the knockdown, usually paired with a single claw, since Bukku and Sentan tend to do well on their own as they are.

Delete
Nov 9, 2009, 09:40 PM
I used them when they first came out, but not anymore. Only class I could use them on (that I play on a lot) would be AT. However, when I'm On my AT, I'd rather simply Heal and Buff/debuff instead.

Xefi
Nov 10, 2009, 01:37 AM
Wow...thanks for all the info./tips/advises/pictures! After reading
through all the posts, i'm starting to feel like changing back into AF
and give the Range-MAG a chance again.

Thank you very much for all the helpful replies,
Xefi

RandomTask
Nov 10, 2009, 07:32 AM
Well I had a massive detailed post all about RCSM's, what I thought of them and what not but Pso-world decided that I wasn't logged in even though I was replying in a topic so I lost the entire thing and I can't be bothered to go over it all again, sorry.

Short version:

I like laser mags Ebrozike and Frauduke
Elsral = no board = no 50% = fail
I don't bother with mags 9* and under
Only exception is Fire and Lightning Sonichi - used rarely on powerful attack buffed baddie or annoying double casting HERE I GOES! from Bladed Legacy.

Darkness preta = blows
Original preta = good = shoots super fast = less tech spam interuption = good

Shag-Hejiz = godmode = not going to happen in PSU

Conclusion - I can hold my own solo as a human Guntecher in Seed Awaken S3 using only Zonde and a 50% Light Frauduke. Combined they hit around 2,000 to each baddie in the line = around GM laser damage although a bit slower in dishing it out ;(. All my laser mags hit around 900ish so if you can hit 4ish or so baddies, you're looking at an extra 4,000 give or take damage every couple seconds to compliment your tech selection. I'm not even going to touch on the nice SE benefits they also provide. Obviously, the RCSM isn't always going to do what you want and might go after a stray here and there but it's no biggie. In certain situations, Wand+RCSM is my most powerful option.

RCSM = Yes please!

SuperRygar
Nov 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
I use them almost simply for the way it makes my character look. Dealing dmg and causing SE are just an added bonus

syouz
Nov 10, 2009, 04:56 PM
50% light frauduke 5/10as human acrofighter hits 1000 with 41+ acrotecher buff and hizeri/ concentrate so stop lying about hitting 2500 with elsral (even with a 30% lie) or 1000 with a guntecher(not even a neuman guntecher = low tp so LIE) because is a big lie it's like saying that you hit 9000 whit gravity break as a wartecher neuman ...... and if you dont believe me i'll show you on the 360 side... syouz gt syous22

Delete
Nov 10, 2009, 05:24 PM
^He may of been exaggerating dood :wacko:

RandomTask
Nov 11, 2009, 02:38 AM
50% light frauduke 5/10as human acrofighter hits 1000 with 41+ acrotecher buff and hizeri/ concentrate so stop lying about hitting 2500 with elsral (even with a 30% lie) or 1000 with a guntecher(not even a neuman guntecher = low tp so LIE) because is a big lie it's like saying that you hit 9000 whit gravity break as a wartecher neuman ...... and if you dont believe me i'll show you on the 360 side... syouz gt syous22

What are you on about? That one poster said 2500 TOTAL with Elsral. Totally possible considering he probably added up the damage of all enemies hit in a shot. I don't think he meant 2500 against one enemy.

Also, are you saying I was lying about Guntecher RCSM damage? My human female GT is only level 161 still and she hits around 900 per enemy no matter if I'm using a Ebrozike or Frauduke, all mine are 50% with 7+grinds. I use a Lumira/Tech Charge and lv30 tech buff. I can even hit a little bit more if I use the Baji-Senba combo. Anyways, I'm also on 360 so I could show you, I don't know the exact number but I have well over 2,000 TP, not very far behind a human acrofighter... the more you know.