PDA

View Full Version : Fighting barehanded?

Sir_Green
Nov 9, 2009, 12:21 PM
I forgot where this was at, but I remember reading about the weapons in PS0. They said that you could fight barehanded, showing a screenshot of somebody kicking.

Oh. And they also said that it was like something from PSO, only more powerful. to those of you who have already played the game, is this true? Thanks. ;D

fireant
Nov 9, 2009, 12:39 PM
Im not sure but in PSO you were able to fight barehanded if you had no weapon. There were also a few fist weapons to help with that but I dont think this game does. I used a fist weapon with a fomar since they casted faster with out a weapon.

FeiRayne
Nov 9, 2009, 12:48 PM
Ya if I remember correctly without a weapon your character in PSO would throw a punch, then kick and a roundhouse type kick? I think that depeneded on race/class but I could be wrong. There were as fireant said a few fist type weapons that helped out with that, basically giving you pretty sparkle effects while you went on your barehanded killing spree.

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 01:27 PM
There is barehanded fighting this time around. Im pretty sure there arent any knuckles or anything like that, but each character can still attack even without a weapon equipped.

FeiRayne
Nov 9, 2009, 01:34 PM
Fun times then. XD

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, a welcome change from PSU, where apparently no matter how much weapons training you had gotten at the Guardians Academy, noone ever bothered to teach you how to just hit something with your fist.

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2009, 02:17 PM
your character in PSO would throw a punch, then kick and a roundhouse type kick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Lm93rXEgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiCQ06QtdL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

You, erm, hit one of my pet peeves. Sorry >.>

FeiRayne
Nov 9, 2009, 02:29 PM
The more I know though, right? <.< So really no need to be sorry. XD

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2009, 02:36 PM
Just didn't want to look like an ass while doing an ass move. Just, y'know... Seven years of calling the purple dinosaur "Barney", and someone calls him "Billy", you can't help but correct them.

Through Youtube links.

FeiRayne
Nov 9, 2009, 02:49 PM
Honestly I appreciate the fact that they were actual links that showed me the actual moves and differences; I would of considered it more of an ass move if the Youtube links were an actual waste of time. Heaven forbid that my mistakes be corrected and I continue to be misinformed am I right? X3 So really though, thanks for the correction. =D

Akaimizu
Nov 9, 2009, 02:59 PM
Nice vids. I also stand corrected, because I was unclear of the terminology. I was about to mention certain characters motions when they cast techs with other weapons in hands, now once again possible. The Ramar, with Mechguns, performs something more akin to the spinning hook kick. I probably would've said roundhouse, though. Thanks.

fireant
Nov 9, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, a welcome change from PSU, where apparently no matter how much weapons training you had gotten at the Guardians Academy, noone ever bothered to teach you how to just hit something with your fist.

Im not sure there was a lot of training in PSO. FOmarls just shoved things andFOmars ended there combo with a "Bitch slap" haha

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 03:09 PM
But thats what made it awesome.

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 07:35 PM
thats kewl you can fight bare handed but sadly no fist weapons this time

Sir_Green
Nov 9, 2009, 10:14 PM
Do I hear a guild of barefisted monster hunters? O:

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 10:22 PM
Do I hear a guild of barefisted monster hunters? O:

nope that was just the creaky floor

Sir_Green
Nov 9, 2009, 10:36 PM
nope that was just the creaky floor

Oh darn it.

Ghola Ben
Nov 9, 2009, 10:42 PM
I'll admit. My interest is perked. Although, I do prefer sharp pointy things.

Gilbert001
Nov 9, 2009, 10:44 PM
That would be pretty awesome. Of course you would only do it when you are with the guild, so you still have a reason to hunt for rares and such.

Allison_W
Nov 9, 2009, 11:04 PM
A guild of barefisted hunters? I'm game.

Sir_Green
Nov 9, 2009, 11:07 PM
A guild of barefisted hunters? I'm game.

Hurray! We shall trade FC's tomorrow. O:

Allison_W
Nov 9, 2009, 11:28 PM
No we won't. My copy isn't estimated to get here until the 16th.

Also, is this just a barefisted guild, or unarmoured too?

Gilbert001
Nov 9, 2009, 11:34 PM
Methinks unarmored would be suicide.

Sir_Green
Nov 9, 2009, 11:46 PM
Methinks unarmored would be suicide.

Agreed. But at some point in the future after we get stronger, we could take off the armor for an extra challenge. X3

Gilbert001
Nov 9, 2009, 11:53 PM
True, true.

But any guild is problematic for me because of time zone difference in Australia.

Sir_Green
Nov 10, 2009, 12:02 AM
True, true.

But any guild is problematic for me because of time zone difference in Australia.

Well, it's not like you'd have to play with everyone everyday or else you'd get kicked out. We play when we can. XP

Gilbert001
Nov 10, 2009, 12:05 AM
As long as I don't disappear into the mysterious void of the internet then. :p

I'm game.

Gemel
Nov 10, 2009, 12:16 AM
Fighting barehanded would be so much funner if your accuracy didn't bomb all the way down to have you miss like every hit. xP The PA looks like something Chun Li would do.

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 12:24 AM
Fighting barehanded would be so much funner if your accuracy didn't bomb all the way down to have you miss like every hit. xP The PA looks like something Chun Li would do.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see some of the knuckle weapons. Sure, even if with them equipped barehanded was fairly worthless, it was still fun.

Gemel
Nov 10, 2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, it would have been nice to see some of the knuckle weapons. Sure, even if with them equipped barehanded was fairly worthless, it was still fun.

It really would, they don't really have to make models for 'em or w/e. I have fond memories of kicking Olga Flow's feet.

Ghola Ben
Nov 10, 2009, 08:50 AM
Agreed. But at some point in the future after we get stronger, we could take off the armor for an extra challenge. X3

Now it's turning into a fight naked guild? Sorry no go. I'm a huge fan of my dangly bits!

Xhero
Nov 10, 2009, 09:16 AM
I remember like if it was today I was Lvl 103 in PSO And in Ultimate Waiting for a Dead rappy to get up to shoot it it ^^.I Did and that day I found the Angry Fist 8-) it was good find back then then later on the God Hands Fun Times :D Hope PSZ Can furfill my PSO needs.^^;

Sir_Green
Nov 10, 2009, 12:04 PM
Now it's turning into a fight naked guild? Sorry no go. I'm a huge fan of my dangly bits!

I see we have a wimp here. >:l

Ghola Ben
Nov 11, 2009, 12:30 AM
I see we have a wimp here. >:l

A challenge? Bring it!
*Strips naked and charges at the nearest Rappy*
(Unfortunately, Ghola Ben did not realize that this was the rare "Early" Rappy and it always finds the worm.)
"OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!"

CAMPSO
Nov 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
I love the PA when fighting barehanded. It reminds me of chun li