PDA

View Full Version : Migrating, anyone?

Pipiruu
Nov 9, 2009, 03:46 PM
So I was wondering, for those who have/had/are playing PSU, will you be leaving good old PSU behind for good and going to PSZ? Im wondering if it'll be good enough to have that effect. When I see it being advertised as "what PSO fans have been asking for," I'm thinking it'll be a game that you'll be playing nonstop for days until you blackout like I did during the days of the Dreamcast.

Even with that said, I kind of get the feeling that PSZ will be the type of game you'd just play on the side every now and then, then go back to your PC MMOing. I've already reserved it, very excited, but a little nervous about how it'll turn out.

Dontcha think preorders would come with a Rappy plushie or something...? I asked. But I'll be leaving Gamestop tomorrow with some kind of plushie, dammit.

Java378
Nov 9, 2009, 03:55 PM
PSO was here before PSU.

Pipiruu
Nov 9, 2009, 03:58 PM
PSO was here before PSU.

Um...okay. I never said that it wasn't, but great. I'm glad you knew that.

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 05:20 PM
Why would I migrate? I and virtually everyone else abandoned PSU years ago.

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 05:26 PM
I'm not playing any online games at the moment so i'm not migrating from anything to play PSZ.

Feels good man.

Why would I migrate? I and virtually everyone else abandoned PSU years ago.I lol'd, that's mean man. :P

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yet true. I left when the PC/PS2 servers were pretty empty, and I know they certainly havent gone up since then.

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
Yet true. I left when the PC/PS2 servers were pretty empty, and I know they certainly havent gone up since then.Same for me, there was barely 1 star of people after like 4 months on those servers. (I played PS2, shitty I know.) (Didn't stop me from being one of the first level 80 though.) :P

I wish I played on 360 for real, i'm sure you and I would've had a far better PSU experience.

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 05:32 PM
I doubt, even though the community would've been bigger the core game is still an awfully big clusterfuck.

landman
Nov 9, 2009, 05:33 PM
I will provably continue my psu subscription just like I've been subscribed the past three years, even if I log-in only once a month to say hello to my Partner Machine lol the problem is, my DS won't connect to my wireless access point, so I'm not going online with PSŲ. Not a problem since I'm already playing online with PSP2.

Itchee
Nov 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
Same for me, there was barely 1 star of people after like 4 months on those servers. (I played PS2, shitty I know.) (Didn't stop me from being one of the first level 80 though.) :P

I wish I played on 360 for real, i'm sure you and I would've had a far better PSU experience.

Please define "far better".
I was on and off on the 360 version for a long time and while I understand the PC/PS2 had it much worse in terms of population count, saying the 360 version is far better is a bit of a stretch.

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
I doubt, even though the community would've been bigger the core game is still an awfully big clusterfuck.PC/PS2 servers were infested with hacks, that's what ruined it most for me.

I don't think the 360 servers has hacks, then again i'm not 100% sure.

... But I definitely agree with you, the game fucking blows, gameplay wise, but that's just our opinion I mean some people can enjoy PSU. :P

Well PSP:2 sure looks better than PSU imo, I might give it a shot.

Akumamaru
Nov 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
Yet true. I left when the PC/PS2 servers were pretty empty, and I know they certainly havent gone up since then.

you should play on the 360 servers then

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 05:47 PM

Except that I would still be playing on the PC/PS2 ones if I had actually liked the game.

Seeing where I'm going with this?

Pipiruu
Nov 9, 2009, 07:07 PM

The 360 servers were the first servers I played PSU on, and let me tell you, bigger is not always better. My experience on the PC was much friendlier than on the 360. Especially since there's no voice chat. XD

And I guess I'd forgotten how many people quit PSU. The PC/PS2 servers must be full of tumbleweeds.

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 09:10 PM
The 360 servers were the first servers I played PSU on, and let me tell you, bigger is not always better. My experience on the PC was much friendlier than on the 360. Especially since there's no voice chat. XD

And I guess I'd forgotten how many people quit PSU. The PC/PS2 servers must be full of tumbleweeds.

its true just last month my brother reactivated his pc account and for the three days we played it we might have seen 20 people 8 of whom at the cafe for some meeting

Krupp
Nov 9, 2009, 09:29 PM
PSZero won't replace PSU for me, but I'll definitely be playing it. I really liked the game since day 1 and I will probably keep going until they shut down. Lol It may have been my guild at the cafe, if you mean Gawik's Pub, we meet there XD.

I still want to support a big MMO type of Phantasy Star. PSU may have lots of problems but overall I'm happy that they attempted a new game. I already have PSZero and I hope to get lots of my friends on that. :D.

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 09:43 PM
PSZero won't replace PSU for me, but I'll definitely be playing it. I really liked the game since day 1 and I will probably keep going until they shut down. Lol It may have been my guild at the cafe, if you mean Gawik's Pub, we meet there XD.

I still want to support a big MMO type of Phantasy Star. PSU may have lots of problems but overall I'm happy that they attempted a new game. I already have PSZero and I hope to get lots of my friends on that. :D.

na it was the one on parum right in front of the grm

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 12:06 AM
Well, I did waste about 50 something dollars on the game for an import. Hurf durf indeed.Well not because you didn't enjoy the game dosen't mean no one is gonna enjoy it, believe me if we wanna play PSO, we'll go play on PSOBB's servers.

But yeah, everyone are PSZ enthusiast here (almost) so I doubt bashing the game in here will do you any good.

EDIT: Wasn't PSZ 20$ USD for awhile on play-asia?

EDIT: Can you even read Japanese? inb4 basic google knowledge.

Kishiin
Nov 10, 2009, 01:11 AM
I dunno if its just me, but importing is kind of blah to me. provided that you've finished the game twice, you can navigate the menus and can memorize most of what you're selecting, but it just turns into killing random stuff and moving on without feeling connected to the story. (unless you can read japanese, then that point is moot.)

cmon, lets give the game a couple of days/weeks before the overwhelming hate PSU has garnered!

pso_crash
Nov 10, 2009, 01:33 AM
So I was wondering, for those who have/had/are playing PSU, will you be leaving good old PSU behind for good and going to PSZ? Im wondering if it'll be good enough to have that effect. When I see it being advertised as "what PSO fans have been asking for," I'm thinking it'll be a game that you'll be playing nonstop for days until you blackout like I did during the days of the Dreamcast.

Even with that said, I kind of get the feeling that PSZ will be the type of game you'd just play on the side every now and then, then go back to your PC MMOing. I've already reserved it, very excited, but a little nervous about how it'll turn out.

Dontcha think preorders would come with a Rappy plushie or something...? I asked. But I'll be leaving Gamestop tomorrow with some kind of plushie, dammit.

you know what? I was just thinking about starting psu. I thought I would give it a try before the severs went down.

landman
Nov 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
PSO nostalgic gamers are like Sonic haters, they will not see a good sonic game even if they have it in front of the nose, they will expect a sonic game as great as the original ones, and that is simply impossible, because Sonic was innovative and awesome for the day it was released, making a Sonic game as good as the original ones will not become in an awesome game like them, because innovation can not be repeated making a similar game.

Now change Sonic for PSO.

I like both PSO and PSU, PSU is a great evolution in gameplay and customization, and that's what I expect from a sequel, not the same game again, the only think I don't like in PSU are the graphics, DC and PS2 are in the same generation of consoles, so PSU is technically poor compared to other games today in current systems, but it surpasses greatly PSO graphics.

Zarode
Nov 10, 2009, 12:26 PM
I dunno if its just me, but importing is kind of blah to me. provided that you've finished the game twice, you can navigate the menus and can memorize most of what you're selecting, but it just turns into killing random stuff and moving on without feeling connected to the story. (unless you can read japanese, then that point is moot.)

cmon, lets give the game a couple of days/weeks before the overwhelming hate PSU has garnered!

Ketchup: (Removed to prevent future problems in this thread.)

But then again, I didn't get a lot of time with the online play, and I can damn guarantee you that is the bulk of the game. It ran fine when I used it, but English importers were scarce (that, and I'm really picky about who I want to play with). Random mode worked, but heebejeebeez, nobody was running in high level areas at ALL. Must have been some fantastic loot in the first damn area. :T

If you love PSO/PSU/aRPGs in general, good chance you will love this, but it won't blow your mind away, which is the general warning I'm trying to give. But hey, ignore the importer. More worried about Dracula's displaced Japanese son giving me a woopin'. :roll:

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 12:58 PM
Anyway, I've since quit PSU for several months now. It was fun while it lasted. It doesn't have the luster anymore. I'm "migrating" to PSZ and PSP2 import. I am looking forward to the chat bubbles, haha. <3

Pipiruu
Nov 10, 2009, 01:13 PM
Anyway, I've since quit PSU for several months now. It was fun while it lasted. It doesn't have the luster anymore. I'm "migrating" to PSZ and PSP2 import. I am looking forward to the chat bubbles, haha. <3

So am I~! XD

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 06:40 PM
i guess you could say i am though i didnt play psu online for very long

Akaimizu
Nov 10, 2009, 07:05 PM
I dig all phantasy stars, myself, for different reasons. Each one has plusses and minuses. For me, the more free-flowing motion of PSU's combat was enough to entice me on the new system. From a balance standpoint it definitely needs work, but I consider it a good game nonetheless. Otherwise I wouldn't be well into the 4-digit hours in that game even before my bit of hiatus from it. I'll come back, but I'm giving a bunch of other games a chance.

Then again, I also really liked the latest Sonic game. Unleashed wasn't bad, and it had some of the best Boss encounters yet.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm a big Phantasy Star fan as well, even before PSO. (Well PS4 started it for me, before that I was too young to read english.) I can't deny I enjoyed PSU for a bit, I probably played more than the average player too so yeah, not PURE hate, but hate.

What pissed me off most about PSU was Sega taking forever to "unlock" content, man I learned recently the level cap was not even level 200 yet? I mean come on...

But yeah i'm willing to give PSP:2 a chance, didn't give that chance to PSP:1 but the new one looks more promising imo, let's hope they have everything unlocked at first too! :P

Itchee
Nov 10, 2009, 07:22 PM
Im a loot whore by nature.
PSU, at a glance, had everything I wanted...an updated PSO, essentially. However, the failed attempt at an economy which spiraled out of control shortly after launch and the horrendous crafting system which I found to be more akin to being kicked in the genitalia repeatedly, pretty much killed it for me. I can grind a game to death, but I need something in return....namely shineys. PSU just does not deliver on that front, in my opinion. I totally understand many say PSO's drop rate system is far worse, however, Id prefer that than to waste hours upon hours grinding for items to synth something which most likely fail...or better yet....break when grinds are applied.
Anyway, im more than happy to get back to what I see as a reasonable system like the ones used in PS:P/2 & PSZ.

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 07:22 PM
I'm a big Phantasy Star fan as well, even before PSO. (Well PS4 started it for me, before that I was too young to read english.) I can't deny I enjoyed PSU for a bit, I probably played more than the average player too so yeah, not PURE hate, but hate.

What pissed me off most about PSU was Sega taking forever to "unlock" content, man I learned recently the level cap was not even level 200 yet? I mean come on...

But yeah i'm willing to give PSP:2 a chance, didn't give that chance to PSP:1 but the new one looks more promising imo, let's hope they have everything unlocked at first too! :P

imo psp1 was good the only thing i didnt like about it was the lack of online they got rid of all the the easy bake item crap that pissed me off so much in the console versions and it had alot of level verity for a handheld

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 07:23 PM
imo psp1 was good the only thing i didnt like about it was the lack of online they got rid of all the the easy bake item crap that pissed me off so much in the console versions and it had alot of level verity for a handheldThat's good to hear but no online mode beside local? That's like...

Phantasy Star... Offline? :P

Itchee
Nov 10, 2009, 07:30 PM
Well, PS:P does have some semblance of online if youre willing to jump through all the hoops to use it....that being said tho, the single player is really alotta fun....and certainly, its one of the sexiest looking handheld games, period. PS:P2 is gonna be off tha chain (I would play the demo more, but I hate not being able to read anything and bum-rushing throu menus assuming I know what im doing)....

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 07:33 PM
That's good to hear but no online mode beside local? That's like...

Phantasy Star... Offline? :P

i dunno i played it wasnt bad im just saying psp2 should be worth every cent you pay for it more verity longer story more weapons and online and too many other things to mention so it should be good just check out the reaction thread for the demo on psp side