PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

Zeebo
Feb 23, 2003, 09:44 PM
OK the people that run this site and all cheat yet they dont want to encourage cheating totally wack! and now im confused!

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
Ditto...

Personally, I'd like to see them take a stand. Either go with cheating or don't.

I suppose they do it so all players would be treated equally (did I say that right?)

Celes152
Feb 23, 2003, 11:01 PM
Most big organizations like this won't lean one way or another on such a controversial issue that could offend a large amount of their members.

RuneLateralus
Feb 24, 2003, 12:00 AM
We are not a cheat site and that is the view, in case you missed the sticky topic at the topic of this section. Even if any of the staff cheats (and no, we don't), it was decided that this site will not promote cheating. For the reasons we would defend cheaters is this: every member (cheater or not) has ability to visit and post at this site. We do not discriminate because of their choice of gameplay. We do defend them when they are flamed just as much as we defend the non-cheaters from being flamed. No one gets any special treatment.

And that is that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-02-23 21:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-02-23 21:05 ]</font>

Cloud_01
Feb 24, 2003, 12:12 AM
EDIT: Edited out post.

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-02-23 21:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-02-25 21:27 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Feb 24, 2003, 12:15 AM
Yes, but some people can ask to see weapons and he ws kind enough to let the person pick it up to see the guns stats.

Most common way for items and weapons to be stolen.

GandorDurin
Feb 24, 2003, 01:04 AM
Er but weapon stats can be seen through the trading window.

Anyway I'm sure it was just a dumb mistake...I've accidentily dropped a few rare items before when I was trying to sort my inventory, luckily I'm always fast enough to pick them up before someone else does!

I can't believe people are _still_ complaining about this game instead of enjoying it to its fullest! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RuneLateralus
Feb 24, 2003, 01:13 AM
That is exactly what I think. Stop complaining and just play. But then again, complaining is just so easy I guess.

When I play, I play with friends. I got a couple of friends who dupe, but I do not care. I just wish some people can stop being such facists about it. It is a game. I would rather play a game with someone who is friendly and fun to play with than some asshole who thinks he is almighty just because he is legit.

But, that is my view...everyone is welcome to have their own view.

An unfortunatly, some people feel that when they are better than others, they must preach to the choir and damn those who do not listen. It is usually thost comments that piss me off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-02-23 22:15 ]</font>

rbf2000
Feb 24, 2003, 01:49 AM
No offense to rbf2000, but I think that the REELBIG MECHGUNS he had weren't his to begin with. I'm thinking that they were duped and he somehow got a pair.

Well, first of all, I do take offense to that. I was one of the first people to get an s rank, with pics to prove it. I was one of the first people banned for having my s rank. And, if you need further proof, the reason I didn't mis-spell it when I put REEL, it's actually a play on words, since my SN stands for Reel Big Fish.

On 2003-02-23 21:15, RuneLateralus wrote:
Yes, but some people can ask to see weapons and he ws kind enough to let the person pick it up to see the guns stats.

Most common way for items and weapons to be stolen.

Well, that's pretty much how it happened. Somebody contacted me on aim, I assumed from this site, but I later found out I was wrong, and asked to see my mechs. Since I don't have any characters that have 180 ata, I figured I would let him look at them, and then take a few pics. And it just so happened that that night I was in a rush, otherwise, I'm sure it could have been avoided.

I can't believe people are _still_ complaining about this game instead of enjoying it to its fullest!

Agreed. That's why I even told the guy that he could keep the mechs, as long as he didn't dupe them. Of course, once he had them, I had no power what-so-ever. Unlike a lot of people, I actually enjoy challange mode, so it's not that big of a deal for me to play it once more.

I'm upset that it will affect people, but there's not some big hole in my heart from the missing s rank. I have my REELBIG WAND, and am working on a 3rd s rank now, so meh.

All I can say is if you see those mechs, sell em for 10 meseta, and buy yourself something nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-02-23 22:51 ]</font>

EsperFlame
Feb 24, 2003, 05:44 AM
Hey Rune, I know this is off topic and all, But I was curious around what times do you play PSO. I mostly play my Racaseal(Aura Skye) and I'm quickly leveling(I remade her but saved the equipment heh).
I was curiou if you have any Hard-VHard chars and would love to meet up with you and play. I've seen RBF around but never manage to get in a word before he vanishes into a game. Just Private Message me sometime and lets see if we can't meet up and have fun!

Raist
Feb 24, 2003, 07:00 AM
On 2003-02-23 22:13, RuneLateralus wrote:
That is exactly what I think. Stop complaining and just play. But then again, complaining is just so easy I guess.

When I play, I play with friends. I got a couple of friends who dupe, but I do not care. I just wish some people can stop being such facists about it. It is a game. I would rather play a game with someone who is friendly and fun to play with than some asshole who thinks he is almighty just because he is legit.

But, that is my view...everyone is welcome to have their own view.

An unfortunatly, some people feel that when they are better than others, they must preach to the choir and damn those who do not listen. It is usually thost comments that piss me off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-02-23 22:15 ]</font>

The whole "legit=elitism" thing is really startin' to get to me. I play legit and yes I do argue about cheating on this site when the subject is brought up. How I play online however is not effected, I play with everybody and anybody who wants to play with me and plays nice. If they whip out a common dupe or something, I button my lip and just play on, unless they abuse it, but they dont need a dupe to play like a jerk, then I just say "Goodbye" and leave.
I deffinitly don't like what duping and cheating do to the game, but when I'm in game I try to make it as pleasant an experience as possible. And outside of the game I'll debate how people should play, whether if falls on deaf ears or not. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only legit who plays this way.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 24, 2003, 06:25 PM
In most cases I could care less about what someone else does in the game. If they cheat then fine, they're just stealing from themselves. If they're cheating and being an prix while doing it then they'll probably discover that the online world for them is a bit lonely eventually. They don't cross the line with me unless they start trying to NOL, CK, FSOD, RSOD, etc. . .

BonusKun
Feb 24, 2003, 09:44 PM

Isn't it tho? I have to admit it makes for some interesting drama queens here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah and some of them who I am well aware of are being hyprocites because of it. No matter tho I only stopped by to see that nothing much has changed here but at least the new breed of pso kiddies makes for some enjoyment.

I met some new people which are actually very cool and of course I had to wear my Resist/Begger++ in the lobby more than once these days.

I'm back to gaming at least. Seeya online bud and hope you get some time away from here to enjoy what this site really is about. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tigger
Feb 24, 2003, 11:31 PM
The elitism of the entire controversy is what unnerves me. Because on both sides we have legits and cheaters that are absolutely stuck on their view points, those view points turn into arguements that end up with the same things being said over and over again even though no one is listening.

I don't care if you're a cheater, I don't care if you're legit, as long as you're not a jerk I'll play with you. I just want to have fun without all the headaches surrounding this pointless arguement.

BonusKun
Feb 25, 2003, 04:32 PM
I don't care if you're a cheater, I don't care if you're legit, as long as you're not a jerk I'll play with you. I just want to have fun without all the headaches surrounding this pointless arguement.

And yes it is good to see a comment that actually a lot of people should follow. It's too bad a lot of hardasses here can't get that viewpoint to sink into their skulls.

Ah well more the drama. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zeebo
Mar 2, 2003, 02:38 PM
I can't believe people are _still_ complaining about this game instead of enjoying it to its fullest!

Ummmmm why reply to the message when you can be playing to the fullest=) Ummmm i take breaks and i do dislike cheaters. I use to play a game that i loved to the max(rather not mention name). Until some cheaters came to the game and ruined it. I use to be on of the strongest and I put many hours into it. In a matter of 10 minutes atleast, 200 people had hacked items 100x stronger then mine. This is why i always complain to cheaters. to try them to stop.
Please excuse the Typos and punctuation errors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeebo on 2003-03-02 11:40 ]</font>

GandorDurin
Mar 2, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-03-02 11:38, Zeebo wrote:

Ummmmm why reply to the message when you can be playing to the fullest=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeebo on 2003-03-02 11:40 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well if it's hard to understand why it's better to play the game rather than complain about it, I give up.

As for why I replyed...Well, to try and help people understand it's silly to complain about a game. Oh well, guess it didn't work.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zeebo
Mar 3, 2003, 06:08 PM
I enjoy complaining and theres points where i dont feel like playing GC

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 3, 2003, 06:27 PM
While it may be silly for people to complain about a game, some people do it to vent their frustration and stress they have accumulated during the day so while it seems silly they are actually doing something that is atleast somewhat worthwhile since it helps keep them from being admitted to a mental health facility.

And then some people are just attention whores, and do it just so others will acknowledge their existance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raist
Mar 3, 2003, 06:38 PM
Don't forget that this is a message board about the game. I mean if people didn't come here to talk about the good AND bad aspects of the game, it'd be a pretty boring place.

Zeebo
Mar 4, 2003, 06:46 PM
While it may be silly for people to complain about a game, some people do it to vent their frustration and stress they have accumulated during the day so while it seems silly they are actually doing something that is atleast somewhat worthwhile since it helps keep them from being admitted to a mental health facility.
And then some people are just attention whores, and do it just so others will acknowledge their existance.

im the 2nd one=P
and well doesnt hurt if there is