PDA

View Full Version : Released tomorrow?

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
I went to get it today but they said today was the SHIPPING date.

Anyone else have this problem?

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yeap. Atleast here in Jersey.

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
Its beginning to sound like most everyone is going to have this problem.

Still, I havent called gamestop yet, waiting until around 1:30 to check in there.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 12:46 PM
I found something interesting out but judging how their website is outdated, the info might be false.

http://gamestop.ca/ds/

They're listing PSZ for tomorrow, funny thing is they didn't update in months and now they update with "Phantasy Star" not even the real name, lol. (Izuna 2 in new releases, I mean wtf?)

That's their Canadian website by the way.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 12:47 PM
Odd, Amazon has it as avialable in stock. So I'm guessing I should get it tomorrow or thursday. But we're talkin about in store right? If so, then yea, it'll be avialable tomorrow.

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
Well then it looks like the OFFICIAL release is tomorrow. GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPED.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
Well then it looks like the OFFICIAL release is tomorrow. GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPED.Not sure man, the day is still young. :P

But yeah like I stated previously, their website is terribly outdated and suddently, out of nowhere, PSZ APPEARS!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 01:01 PM
A wild PSZ appears! Use splash attack!

Still waiting for that confirmation e-mail from Amazon.com to be sent. Hrrrrgh! Oh well I got Brutal Legend to waste away the hours! I can't get this song out of my head! This is what I would call, Epic Metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjpEfL18LpI

AVHero
Nov 10, 2009, 01:08 PM
Had this problem! I went up there bright and early to pick up my pre ordered copy, and he said that it was the shipping date, and to call him tomorrow morning, as it should get there early tomorrow. Made me a bit angry, as I went to bed all giddy and excited. Now I have to wait one more day.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 01:11 PM
I'm tired of all this wordplay, usually when a game says "Available on" or "Ships on" it means the day they tell you is the day it gets available in stores, everyone knew MW2 was coming out today, it's like if the people who makes MW2 would be like "uhhh today is our shipping date! =)" >_>;

Aether
Nov 10, 2009, 01:27 PM
Because tomorrow(Nov 11th) is veterans day I fear that we my not get the game untile the 12th

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 01:29 PM
My store told me that expect GameStop to be open Nationwide.

I don't think we have to worry.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 01:33 PM
Yep, even UPS is still delivering on Veteran's Day. Not everything is closed on that day.

Celi-Ka
Nov 10, 2009, 01:33 PM
I think a good rule of thumb is to watch out for the "Street Date" listing when they have a game on a pre-order list, especially in the case of GameStop. If the game doesn't have "SD (date here)" next to it, then the date on the list is the shipping date, meaning the game will in all likelihood be on store shelves the NEXT day.

For example, MW2 had a street date of 11/10 (while it also had a release date of 11/10), but PSZ didn't have a street date listed; just the release date of 11/10. That's how GameStop formats their pre-order listings in their stores. So yeah...if it doesn't have a street date, then the release date is just the shipping date.

I think I can wait one more day for this. It'll be worth it.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
If your stores are open, you'd probably be able to get it tomorrow. Some will get copies in close to closing time, though. Might sell them if you get there at the right time. I'm pretty sure this will happen in the West Coast, at least. We over here in the East Coast tend not to get so lucky.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
It's only 10:41AM for the West Coast right now, usually stores don't get their delivery before afternoon, no?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
If your stores are open, you'd probably be able to get it tomorrow. Some will get copies in close to closing time, though. Might sell them if you get there at the right time. I'm pretty sure this will happen in the West Coast, at least. We over here in the East Coast tend not to get so lucky.

Yea, usually thats what happens in other retail stores. I remember when I was working in Peebles (a small clothing outlet) we would get two shipments. One in the afternoon and one before closing. So...yea. Keep the faith my brethren!

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
It's usually around 3 PM I thought, but they also get shipments later in the day around 5-7.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 01:45 PM
It's usually around 3 PM I thought, but they also get shipments later in the day around 5-7.Yeah that's what i'm saying, it's kinda early for West Coast right now, I think they'll get the game later on, when the stores receive their delivery.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 01:48 PM
Even at my work, Acme, (NE Ohio grocery chain) we don't get shipments in till later in the mid-afternoon and then another towards the evening time. However, Gamestop has always had games that released that day, the moment they opened. Shoot, Magna Carta 2 had a ship date of 10/23 (I think it was that at least, can't remember already) and it was there that morning when I went to pick up my reserve. :/

... Baw. I want to play it. I requested today off for it, haha.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:49 PM
I'm just saying they're more likely to receive it sometime day because SEGA is in the West. Of course, stores closer to supply areas have a good chance as well. Where's the Gamestop one in the North East? I think it's PA.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 01:50 PM
I'm just saying they're more likely to receive it sometime day because SEGA is in the West. Of course, stores closer to supply areas have a good chance as well. Where's the Gamestop one in the North East? I think it's PA.
I believe Gamestop's headquarters is in Austin, Texas actually. I've done online deliveries from them before. I'll have to find my receipts now...

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
Well I called my local GameStop right now and the guy told me "we received a shitload of boxes today and I don't feel like looking for your game right now, come tomorrow to buy it." wow, just wow.

DIE MODERN WARFARE 2, RUINING MY PSZ RELEASE DATE.

... Oh well, i'll make a few more calls in a few.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
Well, that's where online shipments come from, but there's more than one supply warehouse in the entire country. I've gotten shipments from PA before, it used to be an old EB warehouse.

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 01:53 PM
Well I called my local GameStop right now and the guy told me "we received a shitload of boxes today and I don't feel like looking for your game right now, come tomorrow to buy it." wow, just wow.

I don't feel like looking for it? Fucking douchebag.

I swear, if other places were selling the game i'd have gone there.

Fucking monopoly. I know they aren't, but they control a major amount of the market.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
I kind of took a stance where I just go to Best Buy now, even if it means I have to wait another day. I just really can't stand Gamestop anymore.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 01:57 PM
I don't feel like looking for it? Fucking douchebag.

I swear, if other places were selling the game i'd have gone there.

Fucking monopoly. I know they aren't, but they control a major amount of the market.Dosen't mean they had it though, the guy just told me basically, "You don't want Modern Warfare 2? That's the only game we have for sale today."

RAAAAAAAAAGE.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 01:57 PM
Well, that's where online shipments come from, but there's more than one supply warehouse in the entire country. I've gotten shipments from PA before, it used to be an old EB warehouse.
Oh yeah, I know they have other warehouses. I've gotten one from TN as well as, TX. I was just saying I believe their main headquarters are in Texas. :P

emerald_raiju
Nov 10, 2009, 02:03 PM

i feel like making that person's life miserable!

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 02:06 PM
i feel like making that person's life miserable!Yeah it's a shame really, I asked to talk to the guy I know who owns the GameStop but he wasn't there when I called so i'll try again later, i'll try some other places too but so far it looks like it's gonna be tomorrow.

I mean if you guys can't get it right now, I doubt me, living in a freaking backwood outside of the states, with stupid packaging laws, is gonna get it on Day 1.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 02:06 PM
You guys keep having all these problems with Gamestop. I've never had a bad experience. O_o;

Also, on another note. That annoying woman, Ashley, from Gamestop Corp just called my house. She said it'd be available tomorrow. Baaaaawwww.

emerald_raiju
Nov 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
there is a silver lining for this, i dont work tomorrow!

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 10, 2009, 02:09 PM
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I really wanted to play it today.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 02:09 PM
You guys keep having all these problems with Gamestop. I've never had a bad experience. O_o;

Also, on another note. That annoying woman, Ashley, from Gamestop Corp just called my house. She said it'd be available tomorrow. Baaaaawwww.Well this time, Sega is to blame, first of all, they pick the same date as the game with the biggest launch sales in North America like, gg on that Sega, plus now they have shipping problems exactly like when PSU came out some years ago, I digged the old thread back and people, even living in the states, couldn't get PSU on the release date, they got it a day after.

That's probably what's gonna happen with PSZ as well, oh well.

Akaimizu
Nov 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
Gamestop just send me a text message for my pre-order. Said my PSZ game will be in on Wednesday afternoon. (Looks like they do all notices of pre-order pickup by text now) And by the posts earlier, I'm surprised they still get calls from Ashley. I haven't had one of those in months, just text messages.

I like the way they tell me to bring in used games to lower the price when I already paid in full for it. :)

For me, the only thing a bit disturbing about this release is not the ship date or the release date. It's more about the total lack of PSZ coverage in the states. Nothing about it on the Nintendo Channel. Nothing about it for previews on gaming sites. No web commercials. Nothing. In fact, if it wasn't for this site, Sega's new Phantasy Star Zero site, and our word of mouth; nobody would even know this game is coming out. It's like the total opposite of the Phantasy Star Portable 2 advertisement push in Japan. Or the opposite of Modern Warfare 2, over here. A game has to be more than good to get sales, people need to know about it.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 02:11 PM
there is a silver lining for this, i dont work tomorrow!
I don't work till 2 and get off at 6 tomorrow. It's all good for me. <3 Then I have Thursday off too~ It's a short day for me!

Donnikun
Nov 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
well if anyone gets a call about their preorders, be sure to let people know that at least your area it is available. Unfortunatly for me, my phone number changed since i peordered my copy, and they told me i have to go in person to change the information and present my ID. I wont lose my copy though, i just gotta bring my receipt and ID and give em the info i gave when i preordered, i will be calling them tonight and tommorow morning though,and seeing what i can do about my phone number changing, and also asking if they recieved it yet.

Java378
Nov 10, 2009, 02:38 PM
Didn't have it today. F*ck Sega of America. They can release all that other crap on time, just not this?

10 titles came out for the Ds today and the store had a shipment today.

Akaimizu
Nov 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
And I betcha all those other games had ship dates of the 9th or earlier.

Donnikun
Nov 10, 2009, 03:01 PM
well i called gamestop ab0ut my new phone number and they told me i could give em my new number, they dont know why someone told me i could not update my info over the phone, anyway they said that unless god divinely intervenes somehow(well in a secular proffesional manner lol) that i would be playing the game before the turn of midnight into thursday. So tommorow is all but a certainty, but lets pray, since acts of god happen:

*puts hands together and bows heard*

Dear Lord,

Just stay out of our way!!!!

Amen.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
Because tomorrow(Nov 11th) is veterans day I fear that we my not get the game untile the 12th

my store says nov 11 and veteran's day wont matter

redking
Nov 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
I was in my local Game Stop and they have the boxes of Psz but they told me to come tomorrow because the store was fill with MW2 players and buyers so i can understand but i wanted my ranger now T_T

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 06:31 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2m5y145.jpg

GameStop Employee: Fantasy Star what..?

Reksanden
Nov 10, 2009, 06:38 PM

Heh heh.....nerd storm preparation.

You know all of that will be sold out on the first day of release, right?

Anon_Fire
Nov 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
I just came back from a local game store called: GameTag.

I pre-ordered my copy of PSZ on 8/2/09, and when I went in and asked if it came in, they told me "It's not out yet, probably "Next month"?!

Gahhhh :argh:

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 06:45 PM
I haven't had one of those in months, just text messages.I like the way they tell me to bring in used games to lower the price when I already paid in full for it. :).

i know right i got a text too with that same message and i paid in full as well i guess you cant expect them to have great service after you already gave them your money

Java378
Nov 10, 2009, 06:45 PM

That is retarded. If you had time to take that picture and they couldn't sell all of those, they could have afforded to put one Phantasy Star box in with all of those.

I really want to know what all their hype is about.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
That is retarded. If you had time to take that picture and they couldn't sell all of those, they could have afforded to put one Phantasy Star box in with all of those.

I really want to know what all their hype is about.That's viral marketing.

Makes me laugh how MW2 supposedly have 70k players online right now, but Gamefaqs' poll has 30k people saying they won't buy MW2, lol.

But yeah, people making MW2 bribed all the shops into selling their game only today and create a big buzz around it.

ZeroXRaven
Nov 10, 2009, 07:10 PM
yeah Modern Warfare is a pretty good game because my brother got it today, but I was supposed to get my Phantasy Star ZEROOOO omg, I have waited since the release of it in Japan and its still a day away :( I hate waiting...

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 10, 2009, 07:45 PM

LOL @ all those CoD MW2's.

*Sigh* It's all good my Phantasy Star brothas and sistas. We'll have it tomorrow. I look forward to playing online with you guys. If you want to play with me send me a comment or PM me your friend code. Looking forward to playing with you all. <3

Until then, good night everyone.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 07:58 PM

JESUS CHRIST.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 10, 2009, 08:11 PM
How I wish for that glass case to collapse.

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 08:56 PM
PS3 sucks anyway.

>:|

Chozobill
Nov 10, 2009, 09:03 PM

That is a huge amount of Modern Warfare. I'd like to see what that stack looks like on Wednesday.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 10:32 PM
PS3 sucks anyway.

>:|

Heeeeey I wasted good money on that...large...black.....

Oh who am I kidding I shoulda gotten a Wii for Christ sake! I miss playing NMH, HotD:Overkill, Muramasa, Mad World, and the old NES games. Guuuuuuuhhhhhh....

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 10:39 PM
I vote we turn this thread into the next Countdown thread. :P

Let's all keep ourselves updated tomorrow on where we got our copies from at what time etc...

PSZ4LYFE.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 10:43 PM
LOL! I agree. Goddamn it. Sorry folks Brutal Legend just has me in a bitter mood and I'm kinda like those guys from the Gamefly commercials. All angry and ready to tear out my hair. I knew I shoulda waited for Borderlands...

FeelTheNinjitsu
Nov 10, 2009, 10:45 PM
I vote we turn this thread into the next Countdown thread. :P

Let's all keep ourselves updated tomorrow on where we got our copies from at what time etc...

PSZ4LYFE.

I just called my local Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy. I have never heard so many clueless people in my life. :nono:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 10:50 PM
Now there is banners for MW2 BS. What the hell? Its NOT THAT GREAT!

Hell one of my friends rented it and said "Honestly, its nothing more than patriotic gung-ho military garbage. People like this nonsense? Eff this I'm going back to my sudoku."

This is coming from a girl who likes her FPS.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 10:50 PM
I just called my local Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy. I have never heard so many clueless people in my life. :nono:Don't blame them, they're not like specialized in games, sometimes you get lucky and talk to a guy that knows his stuff but it's pretty rare.

Tomorrow all stores should have it anyways, beside Wal-Marts and stuff, they're only good for console releases imo, they don't have every title on the day they come out.

... At least the Wal-Marts around here don't.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 11:26 PM
Did you guys read the official website announcement? They changed it.

http://i38.tinypic.com/21j6hkp.png

That's not shooped, freaking lol'd. "as they spam calls to local GameStops."

EDIT: Damn sorry I double-posted again, thought I was editing. >_>;

What's up with me today...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 11:53 PM
LOL! Oh my god it's like they're mocking us or something. As if to say "Hey the game is shipping out today and a buncha LOSERS are making phone calls to game stores asking if they have it in! What a buncha dopey basement dwellers! Hahahaha! Douche bags! *slams face into mini crack mountain*"

Hilarity!

Squirrel3D
Nov 11, 2009, 12:05 AM
I'm afraid I won't be one of the firsts. Sunday I was in a suituation where I needed some food and because if it I will have to wait til friday of next week to purchase Phantasy Star Zero.

Waiting another week won't hurt me since i got other things going on right now

Kishiin
Nov 11, 2009, 01:31 AM
I was SO disappointed today. I just received top marks for an essay, finished a statistics exam, and made my way to the local gamestop, only to talk to a modern warfare zombie armed with some kind of countdown clock pinned to his shirt. The first time I go out to get a game on "release day" in years. Hmph.

psz ftw
Nov 11, 2009, 07:20 PM
Anybody have a idea of when it will be out?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 07:43 PM
Try again tomorrow. This is madness I swear to god. A friend of mine just got hers at the local EBGames and is enjoying it. I'd go there and pick it but, HA HA! Amazon has me locked in.

Asshats..