PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody found the game in stores today?

Quintus_The_Force
Nov 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well? What store, what town?

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
Not yet, but if we are going to be able to get it expect to hear about it in the next 2-3 hours. Otherwise...hunker down and wait for tomorrow.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
I'll be calling around 1PM, made a few calls already but none received their usual delivery.

There's still hope! I mean it's only 12:45PM right now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 1 store told me they got their delivery but I think it BS, they didn't have it, on top of that they tried selling me MW2 over the phone what the hell?

inb4 GameStop, it wasn't GameStop.

sylwyn
Nov 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
Isn't that what salespeople do? They "try" to sell you things~ They were doing their job I'd think. ^^

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
Isn't that what salespeople do? They "try" to sell you things~ They were doing their job I'd think. ^^... Don't you think they're selling enough MW2 like this?

Meh, I found it plain random.

"No I don't have that game but I received MW2 today, have you heard about it?"

Ugh, freaking viral marketing.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
Modern Warfare 2 HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I accidently called it Modern Welfare 2 this morning when I was takin my friend to pick it up. Holy Christ did it start a shit-storm. As my English friend said ever said so elegantly: "FUCK! You had to get those Yankee Xbox basement dwellers riled didn' ya? Stupid wanker, where is my steel when I need it?"

Oh and they didn't have PSZ in stock. The pimply faced high school drop out told me it was comin in the 16th.

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 01:25 PM
The 16th? Shitstorm. What a joke.

And What's wrong with being a Yankee? Northeast kicks ass.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
Well, that's what the English call Americans as a whole. But yes, it does rock to be a North Easterner. Especially a New England resident from Boston. Shit yeah, Boston! Anyway, I'm derailing the topic here.

At least the game should be available by tomorrow.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
The 16th? Shitstorm. What a joke.

And What's wrong with being a Yankee? Northeast kicks ass.

Nah, thats just a slang term English have for Americans. Also there were ALOT of those hardcore 360 people there. My buddy Vanessa has a 360 but plays with mainly EU people because she can't stand the majority of the American players. Although she does buddy up with the occasional "Yank" 10 year old to start a maelstrom of hate and swearing from the opposing team whilst laughing in that...evil laugh of hers.

And yes, the 16th. Me and her where ready to go nutshit on this dude. We've had alot of problems with Gamestop lately. She (Vanessa) had one guy question her purchase of Muramasa: The Demon Sword because A) It was on a Wii, B) She even has a Wii, C) It looked "gay" because of the art stylings. I think she was ready to rip out the guy's eye at that point. Oh and I had one manager ask me why I wasted money on a PS3 when I went to buy InFamous. Stupid c*nts!

Tempo
Nov 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
I went to my local Gamestop to pick up my pre-ordered copy and
they said that they didn't have it yet. The release date is the
same date as the distribution date, or so they told me. I was
told to try again tomorrow. =\

pso_crash
Nov 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
Modern Warfare 2 HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I accidently called it Modern Welfare 2 this morning when I was takin my friend to pick it up. Holy Christ did it start a shit-storm. As my English friend said ever said so elegantly: "FUCK! You had to get those Yankee Xbox basement dwellers riled didn' ya? Stupid wanker, where is my steel when I need it?"

Oh and they didn't have PSZ in stock. The pimply faced high school drop out told me it was comin in the 16th.

HAHAHA, Oh man, that is too good.:lol:

Quintus_The_Force
Nov 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
A friend of mine in Sacramento went to the MW2 Launch at midnight and asked for Zero... THEY HAD IT, but wouldnt sell to him..... my point is SACRAMENTO has copies... and I live in Cali... so heres hoping *crosses fingers*

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 02:02 PM
Well, maybe they'll sell it today since they wouldn't really want to sell it at a Midnight Launch event for another game. Unless they're going to be bitches and declare today MW2 only day. God, I hate Gamestop.

Ethateral
Nov 10, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hey, Ashley from Gamestop Corp just called my house. God I hate her voice... She said it'd be available tomorrow. Baaaawwww.

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah, same story that the rest of you just got, its shipping today so it wont be in until around 11ish tomorrow.

Lucky for me, I dont have class until 3:30, so I can get a friend to drive me there as soon as its in.

Java378
Nov 10, 2009, 02:40 PM
Since they are fiddle faddling around, I'm only buying 2 of em.

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
I pre-ordered yesterday and they said it would be in by today but since I'm not old enough to drive I will have to wait until later today to get it :P

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 02:49 PM
I pre-ordered yesterday and they said it would be in by today but since I'm not old enough to drive I will have to wait until later today to get it :Phttp://i33.tinypic.com/2z5rlmu.jpg

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 02:57 PM
Why am I poorly disguised and how can I be a troll :[

(edit) not going to lie that troll is very pretty :D

Omocha
Nov 10, 2009, 03:00 PM
I went to my local Gamestop to pick up my pre-ordered copy and
they said that they didn't have it yet. The release date is the
same date as the distribution date, or so they told me. I was
told to try again tomorrow. =\

Same here, but insert "EBGames" instead of "Gamestop".

Yamishi
Nov 10, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm in Ottawa - the capital of Canada - and nowhere has it. Everyone's like "Sorry, we didn't get in our PS0 shipment today; MODERN WARFARE 2 ROFL"

Edit: And tomorrow, I have class from 12-4 and work from 5-10. Taking into account travel time, and the fact that EBgames apparently gets their shipments in at "1 to 2" I have a combined total of about eight minutes to pick up my pre-order.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Donnikun
Nov 10, 2009, 03:03 PM
they told me tommorw sometime, and to be there early afternoon for best chances, since they receive midday shipments. of course i should be getting a call and everything, but they told me that i wil have the game before closing time tommorow, unless there is some act of god against our favor.

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 03:33 PM
Same here, but insert "EBGames" instead of "Gamestop".

But...they ARE the same thing. EB=Gamestop. Gamestop=EB.

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 03:37 PM
i'm callin ever store who sells games in my city

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 03:44 PM
Lol you do that :P

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
walmart is being very helpful. there actually lookin for me =0 ive had them lookin for the past 20 mins though it might be pointless though..

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 03:53 PM
Well atleast you know they care for you :3

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
both walmarts said call after 5, theres still hope!

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 04:01 PM
both walmarts said call after 5, theres still hope!

Seriously? I know someone mentioned this about Target, so I'm definitely going to try this out.

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
yeah they said after 5 they should be done with unpacking all there shipments so if they got it today they'll know after 5

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well good hopefully I have a chance of getting it today and today was i big day for me :D

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 04:05 PM
The official PSZ's forums are dead, not a single post made since this morning, such a shame.

Well i'm giving up for today, tomorrow's gonna be easy for everyone to get it at least. :P

... Oh and watch when Bayonetta comes out, i'm sure it'll come out on the day it was announced.

inb4 ship on/available on/street date, that's only wordplay, usually when you give a date on your game, it's the street date, the date it comes out.

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 04:11 PM
well on the psz website it does say in stores the 12th.. so maybe thats what sega was planning, the 12th. and gamestop jus sucks at life..?

Galeohn
Nov 10, 2009, 04:16 PM
AAAA this is BS lol, i called "my local Gamestop" and the receiver said "we have not received any copies yet so i assume they should be in tomorrow"

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 04:16 PM
thats what every gamestop ive called said..

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
wait, what are we gonna do if its not in tomorrow? a riot!!!

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
I told people to not get their hopes up. :(

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 04:22 PM
Maybe or maybe it will be in stores by that day for everywhere some of the other stores may get early? :P

psz ftw
Nov 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
well if they don't have the dam game when im there to get it i'm going to be pissed off

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 05:32 PM
Haha I will be dissapointed if they dont but they told me they will have it so they better >:D

Niered
Nov 10, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hey everyone, dont even bother looking for it at wal-mart, or calling wal mart about it:

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=phantasy+star&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

It says right there "Not sold in stores." :/ Im gonna go ahead and try for the local target though.

EDIT: No luck there either. Looks like its a definite no-go for today. Lets hope we fare better tomorrow eh gents?

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
ok well i called my gamestop and they looked for like 10 mins and said it wasnt in then i got a text message saying it would be in on the 11th in the afternoon like 5 mins later so i dunno what to think about this

Calamity
Nov 10, 2009, 06:43 PM
well i jus got off the phone with wal mart.. they dont have it..

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 06:46 PM
Tomorrow guys, tomorrow.

Let's try to enjoy the rest of the evening instead of wasting our time with this, tomorrow in the afternoon, EVERYONE WILL HAVE IT AND EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY WHEE~

Simple
Nov 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
ugh they said it was supposed to be in today but they didnt get them >:[

SirTopps
Nov 10, 2009, 08:17 PM
anyone else miss that countdown thread?

Chozobill
Nov 10, 2009, 08:35 PM
I got a text message that said it would be available in the PM on Wednesday, so I'll have to pick it up after work.

psz ftw
Nov 11, 2009, 09:08 AM
hopefully when i go to the store today after my doctor's appointment it will be there. :)

Ethateral
Nov 11, 2009, 09:16 AM
I hope it's there around noon time, since I'd like to pick it up before work today. I want to play it on my tiny break today. :< If not, I'll have to get it after 6pm..

Niered
Nov 11, 2009, 11:23 AM
bad news guys...its not in at at least one of the gamestops around here. And it wont be today.

Ethateral
Nov 11, 2009, 11:32 AM
bad news guys...its not in at at least one of the gamestops around here. And it wont be today.
It's only 11:30 am EST here. They said afternoon time. Give it some time guys, lol. They sent us text messages and even called us to say it'd be in today. Gamestop's only been open a hour and half... Lol.

Arikado
Nov 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
bad news guys...its not in at at least one of the gamestops around here. And it wont be today.Did you call at a retailer or at a backwood store? I know my backwood store said they'll have it around 1PM but i'm still skeptic, even though I talked to the guy I know I mean, can't be sure it's gonna ship today.

I'll make a few calls again to see if other shops are getting it today.

It's only 11:30 am EST here. They said afternoon time. Give it some time guys, lol. They sent us text messages and even called us to say it'd be in today. Gamestop's only been open a hour and half... Lol.

This.

EDIT: To keep us pumped up, PSIV OLD SCHOOL MUSIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjfdU8K7x0

Love that song.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
I'd like to get it in before Friday evening. Since I wanna play to keep myself from trying to stab my eardrums out due to Friday Night's Performance Extravaganza. Ugh...he's a kareoke singer for crap's sake! There is nothing sophisticated about that! Stop! God people are retarted!

Ethateral
Nov 11, 2009, 11:36 AM
Did you call at a retailer or at a backwood store? I know my backwood store said they'll have it around 1PM but i'm still skeptic, even though I talked to the guy I know I mean, can't be sure it's gonna ship today.

I'll make a few calls again to see if other shops are getting it today.

This.
No, I haven't called Gamestop yet. I plan on doing it at 12pm, as soon as I finish getting ready for work. I mean seriously though, it's only been open not even two hours on the east coast, lol.

psz ftw
Nov 11, 2009, 07:10 PM
i've had alot of people tell me its not in stores yet kinda mad but im going to the store tomorrow anyway. =)

sylwyn
Nov 11, 2009, 07:22 PM
I got my copy around 12:30 today, was the last unreserved copy. Lucky there was a gamestop right next to my college so I could go right after classes. ^^

Blue-Hawk
Nov 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
I got mine today aqs well. After pestering my Gamestop to finish todays shipments thanks to those people that swarmed in for MW2.

And I can say so far, the HuMarl is TERRIBLE!

Kpenn
Nov 11, 2009, 07:30 PM
Found my copy at game stop they had a few.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
I got mine today aqs well. After pestering my Gamestop to finish todays shipments thanks to those people that swarmed in for MW2.

And I can say so far, the HuMarl is TERRIBLE!

Really? How so? The guide says they are just as good as the HUmars. Hmmm

Dragwind
Nov 11, 2009, 07:59 PM
I was able to pick up my copy when a Gamestop I was near opened up. The guy was taking it out of the box as I asked for it.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
Really? How so? The guide says they are just as good as the HUmars. Hmmm

Which explains why they are terrible.

TacoGhost
Nov 11, 2009, 10:48 PM
Is anyone finding this game outside of Gamestop or EBGames? The Target, Meijer's, and Walmarts I went to didnt even have a space in the cases for it. (Luckily there's 3 Gamestops within 3 miles of each other by me -_- so I got it at least! :D)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 10:55 PM
Checked back with Amazon and still no word of it shipping out. Hope I get this mofo on Friday at least!

Yamishi
Nov 11, 2009, 11:26 PM
Picked up my pre-order from EB Games today. I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, in case anyone in that area is still searching.

kirtblue
Nov 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
sorry i cant be of any help i went to the gamestop and had preordered