PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi has Failed me?.. and tomorrow is relase day. =_=

Sparks Zeta
Nov 10, 2009, 07:07 PM
Alright, So this morning, i was testing my Wi-fi to see if it will connect for phantasy star zero. So i started it up, and waited a while. it began connecting...
Disconnected. It says i'm not connected to the internet which was bull because i was. so i went to the program file,and pressed a button in the files. it Gave Me, "???????? ""??Yes???""??No???"

Im thinking to myself what the hell, so i pressed yes, And it took me to this "?????????" Screen loader. i had to wait about 10 mins or so. and it says "???" i press okay,and it closes. Now i can't start up wi-fi. :l

So i find the installation disc and i decide to download it again. it says "I'm not connected to the internet. Bullcrap, because i had a MSN Explorer window open.

So i try my parent's computer, "Sucessful!" Aright! So i start up wi-fi again..
Failed. "Unable to obtain IP Adress." Says the nintendo website's error code. :/

I dunoo if this game will be worth it anymore without wi-fi. i'm still going to try and fix it, though. I have to mess with my Anti-Virus. (Which i'm really scared of. because the last time i did, i almost screwed up my sister's Computer. she has to use MSN Explorer now. Internet Explorer will not open for some odd reason. :/

Anyonw know what the problem is?. If so, Do please help me out,

Thanks.
-Sparks Zeta

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
You should try to find yourself a Wi-Fi USB Connector, this should settle all your problems. :P

They're not making them anymore though, so kinda hard to find. :/

Bro-tip: Try to borrow one from one of your friends, if any of them has one.

Dark Hunter
Nov 10, 2009, 07:20 PM
You know that nintendo error code you got? Type that code into the Nintendo support website and it'll tell you what the code means and help you fix the problem.

Sparks Zeta
Nov 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
You should try to find yourself a Wi-Fi USB Connector, this should settle all your problems. :P

They're not making them anymore though, so kinda hard to find. :/

Bro-tip: Try to borrow one from one of your friends, if any of them has one.

I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. It's the same one that's giving me errors.

You know that nintendo error code you got? Type that code into the Nintendo support website and it'll tell you what the code means and help you fix the problem.

I did. It has something to do with my Antivirus. Im too afraid to mess with it thoughn because i almost screwed up a computer once. :/

kirtblue
Nov 10, 2009, 07:37 PM
here is some advice you can use for the rest of you life DONT AGREE TO THINGS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR AGREEING TOO try and keep this in mind when banking especially

Sir_Green
Nov 10, 2009, 08:00 PM
here is some advice you can use for the rest of you life DONT AGREE TO THINGS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR AGREEING TOO try and keep this in mind when banking especially

That's...true. : x

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 08:53 PM
I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. It's the same one that's giving me errors.

I did. It has something to do with my Antivirus. Im too afraid to mess with it thoughn because i almost screwed up a computer once. :/

I have this problem with certain programs normally. The Anti-Virus is blocking the DS because it seems it as a foreign invader into your network.

Scan your computer completely. Make sure you have no pre-existing viruses or spyware/adware on your computer.

Disable your firewall or anti-virus. Connect to the Interwebs and play PSZ.

When done, turn back on the firewall and AV.

ssl118
Nov 11, 2009, 02:17 AM
It's been a while since mine got messed up and I had to reinstall. I actually called Nintendo support and they helped out quite a bit. I do remember that there are some ports you need to open up with your Anti-Virus. Also, try to get the latest software for it. I remember when I reinstalled, I had to download the software from Nintendo rather than use the install disc. The biggest thing is getting the right ports open though. PM me if you can't find them or if someone else doesn't know them. I am currently not at home but should be able to figure it out when I get on that computer. Good Luck!

psz ftw
Nov 11, 2009, 07:49 PM
I just go to my friends house acrros the street use his wi-fi connection lol.

Sparks Zeta
Nov 11, 2009, 10:50 PM
I have this problem with certain programs normally. The Anti-Virus is blocking the DS because it seems it as a foreign invader into your network.

Scan your computer completely. Make sure you have no pre-existing viruses or spyware/adware on your computer.

Disable your firewall or anti-virus. Connect to the Interwebs and play PSZ.

When done, turn back on the firewall and AV.

I Fawking love you. xD Problem solved. I'll be seeing you all on friday. :D. Damn, I REALLY want to play this game right now. D: i have to wait till friday. xD WHY MUST THERE BE A THURSDAY?. D:<

So, Upon people's reaction to the game, How is it!? :D

Zero Revenge
Nov 11, 2009, 11:00 PM
Not a problem Sparks. Glad I was able to help.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 11:23 PM
I Fawking love you. xD Problem solved. I'll be seeing you all on friday. :D. Damn, I REALLY want to play this game right now. D: i have to wait till friday. xD WHY MUST THERE BE A THURSDAY?. D:<

So, Upon people's reaction to the game, How is it!? :D

You and me both bro. Also I might actually connect my DSi to my house internet instead of going to work and using it's internet. Slaving at a coffee shop has it's benefits aside from the free coffee and listenin to all the customers confuse us with Starbucks like the dumb sheeple they are. Choke on that Triple Soy Decaf Sugar-Free Caramel Mocha you softie ivy-league business criminal!

beatrixkiddo
Nov 11, 2009, 11:26 PM
Disable/allow the DS wi-fi ports on your antivirus, or forward them on your router. Simple enough.

Also, the DS wi-fi only works with WPA encoding on your router, or at least it did the last time I checked (original DS). Lite and DSi might be different.

And tell me about it Syamemaru... I work at Subway and every time some confused dad who got sent by his wife wanders in thinking it's Quizno's or Goodcent's, I want to throw things.