PDA

View Full Version : PSZ's arrival . . . .

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
after a year of waiting (for me at least more for some of you) PSZ is finally here and i will get it this wednesday so i was just asking people to post their daily events in the PSZ land, friend codes (if u want to), and just some general stuff u want to post. ill have character info up on my characters as soon as i can so tell me if u see me.

ZephyrAM
Nov 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
While I'm, actively, new to the boards, and only recently found out about PSZ, I loved PSO on DC and more so on GC... but never managed to take either game online. Still put hundreds of hours in solo though!

Looking forward to the multiplayer aspect this time through! ... and dying a bit inside that today would have been the only time till about next Tues/Wed that I'll have much time to play.

::sigh::

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 10, 2009, 09:12 PM
well that sucks
i hope to see you around on PSZ pm me a friend code if u feel like it, my friend code will be here

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 09:13 PM
Here's a review of my PSZ day so far:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqntwi.jpg

November 10th 2009, nevar forget.

Tomorrow though...

http://i34.tinypic.com/mjnuq9.png

:P

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 10, 2009, 09:16 PM
so true, u got it pre-ordered? i do.

Zero Revenge
Nov 10, 2009, 09:20 PM
Here's a review of my PSZ day so far:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqntwi.jpg

November 10th 2009, nevar forget.

Tomorrow though...

http://i34.tinypic.com/mjnuq9.png

:P

LOL! Champion! Where do you find all of these gems?

Scratch that. I know it's the interwebz.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/ZeroRevenge/1245816383165.gif

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/ZeroRevenge/1252106704311.gif

Chozobill
Nov 10, 2009, 09:28 PM
well that sucks
i hope to see you around on PSZ pm me a friend code if u feel like it, my friend code will be here
Yeah I anticipate tomorrow to be a massive FC swapping fest.

ZeroXRaven
Nov 10, 2009, 09:45 PM
I have been waiting for over a year as well...it is very annoying to say the least :/

But I do look forward to playing with many people :D
Tomarrow if im not mesmirized too much I will get on here and exchange codes lol

Unleashed_Bagel
Nov 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hey guy`s (first time poster)

I`m as excited as all of you are. I look forward to the FC swapping
and finally getting to play the game! (with you all) that we have all
been patiently waiting for. :-)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 10, 2009, 10:12 PM
Oh my god. Jesus christ Amazon is crazy weird. It's listed as "In Stock" yet won't show up until the 13th. And thats with the overnight shipping! Now that I've rage-quitted Brutal Legend (the RTS parts take a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difficulty dive after the 1st fight with Ophelia's army. Fucking Grim Reapers will destroy you platoons in seconds. I'm not kidding. Just one will destroy E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! Fuck you Tim Schaffer for allowing this faggotry) and now I need something to further occupy my time. I was having fun too...

Oh well I hope I get Borderlands! HURRRR! Prolly not...

God dammit Amazon...I was hoping to get tomorrow...

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 10:34 PM
Man I hope no one from Canada pre-ordered with Amazon...

http://i38.tinypic.com/euo552.png

Scary sight, I know.

EDIT: Oops, can't link Amazon urls, sorry.

That was taken from Amazon.ca

ZephyrAM
Nov 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
O_o

That line needs a disclaimer..

'Amazon is not responsible for any psychotic episodes due to shipping delays.'
'... and no, you may not have our address.'

Chozobill
Nov 10, 2009, 10:42 PM
Man. I hope Gamestop wasn't lying when they said it would be there tomorrow.

Arikado
Nov 10, 2009, 10:56 PM
Man. I hope Gamestop wasn't lying when they said it would be there tomorrow.I doubt they were, they should either have it when their store opens or in the afternoon when they get their delivery.

But yeah, they'll definitely have it tomorrow.

Just ask on the phone if they got their delivery for the day, tell them PSZ came out recently, etc.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 12:53 AM
I doubt they were, they should either have it when their store opens or in the afternoon when they get their delivery.

But yeah, they'll definitely have it tomorrow.

Just ask on the phone if they got their delivery for the day, tell them PSZ came out recently, etc.

Don't forget to ask if it comes with Battle Toads! They love it when you ask them that. *Evil Laughter*

Haaaaaaa good times.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 11, 2009, 07:22 AM
its actually here now yay and i will be picking mine up this afternoon, HOORAY!

Celsore
Nov 11, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hey i saw online that it would be out the 10th, and no1 had it on the 10th. I checked a gamecrazy and the guy said they should be released today. but that store is closing so doupt the will have one today. where else can i get my copy?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 11:00 AM
Yea still nothin from Amazon. No email tellin me "Hey guess what we shipped your crap!". Ugh. The estimate says the 13th yet its "In Stock". Hurry the hell up Amazon! Oh and lol at the kittehs!

parabolee
Nov 11, 2009, 11:17 AM
Everyone, please remember to check out the IRC room when you are looking for an online game. Just swapping friend codes is useless because it does not give you the ability to communicate until you are already in a game.

Use the IRC to find games, swap FC there and your away. A bunch of us did this with the Japanese verion and it was super easy to get games, and way more fun than playing in the random stranger/no communication mode.

Using the IRC is the easiest way to emulate the PSO lobby experience.

See the link in my sig, and see you online soon :-D.

Zero Revenge
Nov 11, 2009, 11:18 AM
Ugh. IRC.

Never used it in my entire life.

Arikado
Nov 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah I say we'd be better off with a chatango or something, seems more accessible, then again using IRC isn't that bad but I don't like it either.

parabolee
Nov 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
Well a lot of us already use IRC. Back when the Japanese version came out there was never less that 16 people in the IRC even several months after release.

And what is your problem with IRC? When using a nice program like Trillian it's as good as any chat interface. And better still it allows functions like storing of FC's so anyone can look up your code without having to ask you for it.

So if you go and promote using another method you would be fracturing the community. IRC is the most popular method and easiest to access, for instance I would always use my iPhone to organize games in the Japaneses version, works great with a DS, no PC required.

Arikado
Nov 11, 2009, 11:45 AM
So if you go and promote using another method you would be fracturing the community.Sounds like you're the boss on IRC, well no matter.

Just saying Chatango is easier for everyone, just need to make an account, sure you don't need an account for IRC but you gotta download a program and connect to a server (set-up your IRC.) etc, lots of people don't know how IRC works.

Well I might come see you guys when I get the game because I don't have any problems with IRC, I just don't like it.

parabolee
Nov 11, 2009, 11:53 AM
IRC can be used in a web page, no install required. It's just as easy to use as Chatango.

See my sig for VERY simple connection guide and multiple methods to suite anyone. Anyone that doesn't know how to use IRC can just use Mibbit -

http://www.mibbit.com/chat/

Select IRD: EFNET, enter a username and enter "#ps0" as channel and you are done!

Takes 5 seconds to connect using that method.

In fact I just jumped on out of interest (not been there in months, waiting for US release), and there was 22 people in there!

Go there to get a game now if you have it :-D

And no I'm not the boss or IRC, it was set up and is run by other people. I am just a user of it that found it to be the best and most popular method during the Japanese release. Others were using chat pages and there was always a LOT less people on there than the IRC channel. The chat pages I visited usually had 4 or 5 people at most, which sucked if you were the fifth person sitting and waiting for a game. I NEVER visited the IRC and waited longer than 10 minutes to get a game going.

Zero Revenge
Nov 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
I just don't like IRC. Sheesh.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't even know what IRC is. Yet it sounds familiar. Maybe I used it back in my younger years I have no clue.

Evicous
Nov 11, 2009, 12:04 PM
It is a type of Chat Room.

parabolee
Nov 11, 2009, 12:05 PM
Instant Relay Chat

Just a simple chat protocol that many programs and web pages use. Suppotrts advnaced functions that's why it's more popular than a java chat applet.

People, there no reason to waste time having unreasonable aversions to IRC, I don't care about IRC or debating it's virtues.

The fact is, you want to find good people to play PS0 with? I'm telling you there is always a good group in the PS0 IRC channel. Wanna come chat with us or find a game, head over to my connection guide or simply goto -

http://www.mibbit.com/chat/

In IRC select - EFNET
Enter a username and in Channel enter "#PS0"

And connect, always a good group. Good people. Always have great games when I play with people there.

And if you like it, then see my connection guide below and try a dedicated program. I find Mibbit really easy to use, but I prefer a dedicated client.

See you in the IRC and online in PSZ :-D

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2009, 07:13 PM
You know whats weird? I pre-ordered this mofo weeks ago and I've got nothing from Amazon telling me it's status. On the 10th they put up on the PSZ info page it was avialable. Now you would think they would give me a tracking number and the lot but no. I've even upgraded it from 2days to 1 day shipping. Odd how it's telling me it will be at my place by the 13th when they are saying "If you order now and choose 1 day shipping you will have it by Thursday November 12th!". What the hell are you doin to me Amazon?