PDA

View Full Version : Is local multiplayer supported?

Mirinee
Nov 11, 2009, 12:41 AM
Just a really quick question, and thanks in advance:

Is multicart supported? i.e. would 2 siblings each with a PS0 cart and DS be able to quest together if they're at a place with no Wi-fi?

--
Edit: Ah, of course. It would be very silly if it weren't supported. I don't know what unreliable information I've been reading. Thanks for the fast replies.

Evicous
Nov 11, 2009, 12:42 AM
Yes...

Silly message length requirement.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 11, 2009, 12:46 AM
A team of up to four, can indeed play multiplayer in an ad hoc fashion. In fact, that's the way we did our multiplayer at the Community Event.

Vernon12345
Nov 11, 2009, 02:18 AM
Something neat about local multiplayer: the game automatically trades friend codes with anyone you play with locally. Goodbye inconvenient hassle!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 11, 2009, 02:22 AM
Something neat about local multiplayer: the game automatically trades friend codes with anyone you play with locally. Goodbye inconvenient hassle!
Progress.

More DS games could benefit from this feature.
Eventually one day maybe you get an archive list of your last, however many, random online players you quested with and could only text shortcut chat with too. Until then. More likely in a sequel than the current game of course.

Vernon12345
Nov 11, 2009, 02:32 AM
Well there is some sort of rating system when playing with randoms online that increases the likelihood of playing with that person again in the future, but I don't know how it works or if it even makes much of a difference as I haven't played my Japanese copy in ages and couldn't really work out the whole rating thing at the time.