PDA

View Full Version : Best "Tank"?

koikaze
Nov 11, 2009, 01:45 AM
So I am wondering what character is better at taking a beating. HUcast or HUnewearl? Also, is evasion useful?

AVHero
Nov 11, 2009, 01:55 AM
Gonna go with HUcast. HUnewearl has lower def and hp. Evasion makes you get hit less, but casts absorb damage easier. Plus they get health regen, although the HUnewearl gets Resta. Still say the cast is better if you want to stay in the fray longer.

Wash
Nov 11, 2009, 02:15 AM
Agreed-and if you're serious about tanking something that probably means you have a set team with some healer to help them out.
But yeah, higher DFP, HP, and the HP regen, not to mention higher ATP to get through enemies anyway. Give a HUcast a shield and they'll stay alive a long time.

pso_crash
Nov 11, 2009, 03:36 AM
Hucasts are probably the best damage absorbers. I don't know what stat is used to calculate tech dmg tho. If you are wanting to "tank" things to it might be good to find out how enemy AI works in this game. I doubt there is a threat table. I would guess that the enemy attacks whomever slaps it first, but it might be decided by some other action too.

Allison_W
Nov 11, 2009, 04:52 PM
I suppose it really does depend on whether you have a healer whom you'll be playing with most of the time or not. If not, you might want to try a HUcase; for whatever reason, female CASTs cap at ten "heal" traps (I'm assuming those are like Resta for CASTs or something) whereas male CASTs cap at five. Or perhaps you might just try a Hunter that gets Resta--HUmars get the best HP, DFP, and ATP but poorest EVP of all the Resta-using Hunters, while you already know the merits of HUnewearls.

War_Child
Nov 11, 2009, 06:19 PM
The best * is RAcaseal. This is law written in stone.