PDA

View Full Version : odd problem connecting

Rakukojin
Nov 11, 2009, 06:32 PM
Well, I go to play online with a friend, but they don't show up as connected, even though they are, but I can somehow still join other random players in free play. Anyone else experience this or have similar problems?

xSHiNOx
Nov 11, 2009, 06:36 PM
they are probably online but hasnt started a game or created a group

Rakukojin
Nov 11, 2009, 06:40 PM
they are probably online but hasnt started a game or created a group

we've tried me joining them and vise-versa, but no dice. I don't appear online to them or them to me.

Deiser
Nov 11, 2009, 06:44 PM
Same thing is happening to me and my friends.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 11, 2009, 07:40 PM
The system is very, very particular. Pick the friend who is going to host, and have him choose "Form Party" under the Play with Friend(s) menu. Wait a moment, then have everyone choose "Join Party" from the Play with Friend(s) menu. If the hosting friend's icon isn't lit up to begin with, wait a moment, and press Y to refresh the list. The host should become selectable after just a moment, at which point, you'll go ahead and join the game. There is a little lag before everyone appears on the party list, but before long, you'll see everyone there.

If that doesn't work, it's worth the experience to try to hook up with each other via the Free Play option. Choose a specific set of parameters, and run with them.

Deiser
Nov 11, 2009, 08:20 PM
The system is very, very particular. Pick the friend who is going to host, and have him choose "Form Party" under the Play with Friend(s) menu. Wait a moment, then have everyone choose "Join Party" from the Play with Friend(s) menu. If the hosting friend's icon isn't lit up to begin with, wait a moment, and press Y to refresh the list. The host should become selectable after just a moment, at which point, you'll go ahead and join the game. There is a little lag before everyone appears on the party list, but before long, you'll see everyone there.

If that doesn't work, it's worth the experience to try to hook up with each other via the Free Play option. Choose a specific set of parameters, and run with them.

Thing is, "try and hook up via free play" really isn't an excuse for being unable to connect with your friends online >_>

Rakukojin
Nov 11, 2009, 09:51 PM
Trying to hook up to a specific person via freeplay has incredibly low odds of working, so low that it would take too long and would overall just not be worth it IMO

Java378
Nov 11, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hooked into evicious's game and he was just testing.

Then I left.