PDA

View Full Version : Time to be honest...No, not me, you!

GandorDurin
Feb 24, 2003, 01:21 AM
Okay there's always an argument in one forum or another about dupers and legits...So let's just get it out of our systems, dangit!

If you can handle being completely honest, post your _true_ position on the "cheat" scale, which I'll try to represent with this poll...We'll see how it ends up. Good luck!

GandorDurin
Feb 24, 2003, 01:26 AM
I fall into the "above average" category, as I constantly trade. Remember the slash means "or" not "and."

This is _not_ a place to discuss others, this is for everyone's benefit. If you don't want anyone else to know, just vote and stay anonymous. I know this is kinda silly but I think some people need to accept what cheating is...

And no, not ALL trading is cheating, I'm talking about trading for valuable items. Photon Drops and 9* and even some 10* items don't fall into the cheating category...Use your best judgement and consider what you traded to get what to help you decide if you're a cheater or not.

Also keep in mind, if you trade a rare item to a duper, whether you knew that person duped or not, you just helped that person cheat. Take that as you will. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RuneLateralus
Feb 24, 2003, 01:27 AM
I never cheated or duped myself. I had a couple of friends who duped but that is it.

As for recieving a duped item, well, that I cannot answer. A good amount of weapons I got are hand me downs. Could some of them be dupes? Possibly. I got them from people who did not dupe, but that doesn't mean they got them from dupers. But then again, I do not care.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 24, 2003, 01:28 AM
I'm super cheater. I connected to a custom server to modify my character data.

Raist
Feb 24, 2003, 06:39 AM
Everything my characters have has come from him or one of my other characters, I'd play this way even if duping didn't exist. And I've never touched a cheating device so I guess I'm 100%.

Vic_Viper
Feb 24, 2003, 09:08 AM
Mild cheating, I used to do trading and accept freebies without checking if it's dupe or not (But I never accepted obvious hacks)

Tigger
Feb 24, 2003, 11:44 AM
Ive taken weapons and items from good friends who I know aren't dupers. I also don't really care if they are duped, its not like I play with said items online, and if I ever found out they were duped it wouldn't be earth shattering to me.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 24, 2003, 04:40 PM
I completely disagree with the topic to start with. You're either a cheater or you're not, there is no inbetween.

I mean, come on, if you cheat on a test, there's no such thing as a partial-cheat, is there? You either cheated or you didn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-02-24 13:42 ]</font>

Sedyne
Feb 24, 2003, 04:54 PM
Looks like i'm guilty then. I'm a cheater. >_>

Not going to hide it. I've accepted, played with, and still do sometimes, use dupes. I won't lie on that. Honesty is the most important thing is what I believe, I'd much rather play with an honest fun cheater, and a legit who whines and bitches about hacks. I myself play legitmatly when amongst fellow PSO-Worlders, and I "ALLWAYS" ask someone if they mind if I use a dupe. AND I KNOW DAMN WELL MOST OF YOU SO RAWR! I just hope you don't have to lie about it because it's annoying >_>

In all honesty, being legit is much more fun. But I get bored of PSO every so often and ask some of my friends that do have dupes if i can play with them to relieve my boredum. So well Yeah. And It just gets really really boring seeing everyone else use all the really cool stuff and u have well a pair of nice vulcans which get really boring so. I know I wouldn't use them if the community as a whole was much less exposed to the cheats etc. It just bugs me that i can't have what 80% everyone else ahs so yah. meh

PS: I don't give out cheated items; I Sell them once i've completely boreded myself with them. I do have a few 11 Star Legit rares but, nothing compared to that person that has TWO legit lavis cannons >_<

And I could friggin have a BKB if i had another 14 damned p drops to obtain a blue black stone because my little brother on his frikken 2nd run through seabed level found a MKB. Little jackass finds an MKB and i find jack sh it after 30 runs? Wow Sucks to be me. >=(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-02-24 13:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-02-24 13:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-02-24 13:59 ]</font>

Cloud_01
Feb 24, 2003, 05:18 PM
I'm 100% legit on the GC version since I am not online yet and I haven't gotten the chance to trade.

And I won't lie, I used to have dupes in DC version 2. People just offered me them for free so I just took them. I never traded any duped items though. I just used them to help out my character offline. So, I was hurting no one but myself.

Heh, I had these S-rank mechguns that took 2000 damage per strong hit in the ruins....

Redleaf
Feb 24, 2003, 05:19 PM
Well back then, on my DC PSO i have been given a couple of duped stuff... but i never used them online because it was just ruining the game... but i liked using them on offline games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Why that didn't ruin my offline game as well would you ask ? Well, i had lvl 100 for ages back then, so it was not too ruining http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 24, 2003, 06:12 PM
On 2003-02-24 13:40, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I completely disagree with the topic to start with. You're either a cheater or you're not, there is no inbetween.

I mean, come on, if you cheat on a test, there's no such thing as a partial-cheat, is there? You either cheated or you didn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-02-24 13:42 ]</font>

Right it's pretty much one or the other. The only possible differences would be the style. Taking his test example while 1 person may cheat by copying the answers from an answer key during the test another might just get the answers from someone else's paper.

While 1 cheater on PSO might just dupe items another might use a cheat device and create items with uber photon efficiency.

GandorDurin
Feb 24, 2003, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I forgot to clear things up a bit. This topic isn't to find out whether someone cheated at all or never, it's to find out how much. Obviously even the tiniest cheat makes someone a "cheater," but that's why the word "legit" only appears once in the poll. However, there is a _huge_ difference when it comes to different types of cheats. Is trading for a valuable item that may or may not be duped and giving it to an offline only character really going to affect the gameplay of others? Not really...

However if someone were to do all those wonderful things I've read about happening on the DC version (NOL, whatever that means, comes to mind), that would greatly impact others' fun. Therefore it is unfair to put all the "bad guys" and "ignorant (suckers)" into the same category. Again, I am posting this in hopes of getting some truthful answers, despite how difficult it is to believe a group of strangers across the globe, but I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not looking to start another pointless argument about what is cheating and why it's cheating. Just go according to the poll and if it gets out of hand I'll delete it myself and save the moderators the trouble. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

More votes and stories! Even if you're offline only, feel free to vote.

Also, it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion on the word "legit" and what it means to them.

For me, "legit" means pride and seclusion from the 'average' PSO players. I don't think less of them or highly of them, they are players just as I am, but I do believe they should be given praise for their efforts to maintain the fairest gameplay.

Remember, this is NOT an argument thread, do NOT post in retaliation to anyone's post(s), just put your own opinions.

Thanks!

Driadyte
Feb 24, 2003, 08:09 PM
While I think of myself as legit, I had to vote correctly. I do trade, but the trades I do generally don't involve uber-rares. The only thing I know of that I had was a duped BKB. I didn't trade too much for it, just a bunch of mats that were cluttering up my bank. I basically just wanted to see it and play with it for a while. Which I did. And last night I traded it off to some guy desperate for one in exchange for +30 in grinders for my hard earned S-rank Twin.

I've also turned down free Lavis weapons cause I'm still trying to find my own. Check my mood for the current count of cheap-ass Pouilly Slimes.

Guile
Feb 24, 2003, 08:47 PM
I never cared about it, if my friends gave me duped items I would take them

Never got a GS, never paid for a dupe, did'nt accept items with to many grinds on it or to high percent, and never touched my Lvl with anything besides exp.

Never tried to attack someone who used GS or had dupes either

Sasarai
Feb 24, 2003, 09:09 PM
As I can't get online, that still makes me 100% legit.

I think I would trade online, but I'd try, if possible, to avoid dupes/dupers. But you can never really know, unless it's obvious.

"Free (insert uber-rare)!!" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mystil
Feb 25, 2003, 03:29 AM
I'm in a category not added. "Below average cheater". In other words, whilst I never took "true" dupes from anyone, I dupped my own stuff, made my own hacks -which usually spelled doom for my file. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Never traded with anyone.

Murako
Feb 25, 2003, 09:04 AM
I voted myself as a mild cheater. I've only traded for a Power Maser, and the only freebies(besides 9* crap) were A G-assassins sabers and a red scorpio. I listed myself as a I am a mild cheater because I had a duped Dbl Cannon. I didn't want it, it was given to me. I agev it to LordCronai and never traded or accepted a good rare again. I do cheat on Diablo though, I'm a dupe using pker. Only on Diablo one though.

MonoxideChild
Mar 5, 2003, 06:26 AM
I don't go around looking for dupes, but I think I have traded for some items that probably are dupes. I'm not thrilled about it, but it doesn't bother me. I don't see myself duping anything in GC PSO.

God-Slayer
Mar 5, 2003, 03:17 PM
I voted Extreme Cheater. I'm no Barubary, but I dupe items frequently. Flame me if you feel like it, but it's my personal choice, and you can all feck off if you don't like it. I enjoy gathering sought after items, but I haven't passed off my items as legit since I started duping. I once posted a trade list here, and all of it was legit; but I won't post another. I don't feel it's fair to attempt to trade my dupes for someone's hard work... I respect legits and the resolve they have for playing the game as it was meant to be played... I just don't have the patience to do 100+ runs of Ult whatever to find an 11 Star Rare... /clap to all Legits.

Phelan
Mar 5, 2003, 04:05 PM
I obviously don't have PSOX yet, however when I do, I plan on playing 100% legit, as it is the most satisfying way to play. I will generally only play with freinds/clan members who are also legit, and I will only trade with those said friends.

GandorDurin
Mar 5, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-03-05 12:17, God-Slayer wrote:
I voted Extreme Cheater. I'm no Barubary, but I dupe items frequently. Flame me if you feel like it, but it's my personal choice, and you can all feck off if you don't like it. I enjoy gathering sought after items, but I haven't passed off my items as legit since I started duping. I once posted a trade list here, and all of it was legit; but I won't post another. I don't feel it's fair to attempt to trade my dupes for someone's hard work... I respect legits and the resolve they have for playing the game as it was meant to be played... I just don't have the patience to do 100+ runs of Ult whatever to find an 11 Star Rare... /clap to all Legits.

Well said, well said indeed! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

If only every duper was just like you.

Bravo! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Mar 5, 2003, 05:28 PM
Well, for about 9 months I just played as almost everyone else did. I didn't have an Xploder, and I accepted weapons which were most likely dupes. I never used the flagrantly obvious ones (60/60/60 Lavis Cannon +99, anyone?). I got an Xploder a few months ago, and I've just been messing about looking at what weapons there are, what they handle like, and how it is to play as a Force. Accelerated levelling, you see. It's difficult to judge a class's playability when you haven't got the free time to level them up high enough.

Para
Mar 6, 2003, 12:44 AM
legit to win ^.^

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 12:33 PM
Lets just leave it at this:
Cheaters are people who can't win at anything so they need to cheat. They are horrible people that how no respect for people and are all dumba$$es that need to learn how to play.

God-Slayer
Mar 6, 2003, 10:56 PM
Yeah... cheaters are dumbasses... And that's why I played V1 religiously on DC and got to level 100 legitamitely when countless others around me were using the "kill 1 monster get lvl 100" xploder cheats and the like. I've had my bouts with PSO, and my countless runs looking for items... I can win at plenty of things, many of which extend way beyond the surreal and into reality; successes in my business life, and my personal life come to mind, but that's really none of your business. I prefer to say I've just lost my patience for the game. I love PSO, and I just got to a point where the game wasn't fun anymore... Doing 39 runs for an item that took others 2-5 to find just seemed kinda unfair... But that wasn't the only deciding factor. I should not, and will not justify my decision. Because that's exactly what it is: my decision. And to say I show no respect for others is asanine. I'm perfectly happy getting my 156 pow homegrown Asparas out, and going to town with some L&K14 Combats. I show respect where it's due. Maybe if you had a little for others, you might get some in return.

D-tox
Mar 7, 2003, 12:11 PM
i just take what ever i need from you (durin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol)

Blue147
Mar 9, 2003, 10:05 PM
if it's free i dont ask where it came from.

you guys need to chill out its just a video game

Cheaters are people who can't win at anything so they need to cheat. They are horrible people that have no respect for other people and are all dumba$$es that need to learn how to play

right....to quote a good friend "opinions are like @ssholes everyone has one"

God-Slayer
Mar 9, 2003, 10:54 PM
On 2003-03-09 19:05, Blue147 wrote:
if it's free i dont ask where it came from.

right....to quote a good friend "opinions are like @ssholes everyone has one"

And they all stink ^_^ lol.