PDA

View Full Version : friend code questions

Itchee
Nov 11, 2009, 07:54 AM
Well, this is going to sound odd....but how do friend codes work, exactly? Specifically, If I were to add a random person from the F/C sticky thread, would that person I just added then need to add me to their DS as well for it to work?
Sorry for the somewhat dumb question, but ive never used nintendo's F/C system because its completed retarded.
Also, if both people need to add each other in unison, how is that going to work out here in a forum setting? Would we then have to contact each other via IM or something like that...then enter at the same time....or something else as equally as ridiculous?
Im certainly trying to fill out my F/Cs with as many people from PSO-W as possible today, so I would just like to know the least painful way of doing so...

Pietepiet
Nov 11, 2009, 07:57 AM
You don't have to add eachother at exactly the same time for it to work, but yes, both persons will have to add eachother's friends codes before they can play together.

Just add everyone, and make a forum post with your own code, and I'm sure people will add you back :)

Itchee
Nov 11, 2009, 07:59 AM
Yea, I just read something about it on some wiki page.
Nintendo always has to be so Fn difficult...

Thanks...

Pietepiet
Nov 11, 2009, 08:35 AM
Nintendo always has to be so Fn difficult...

Thanks...

Haha, no shit huh? It would've been easier if the system itself had just one code/username that was shared between all wifi enabled games... Oh well :P

No problem :)

kirtblue
Nov 12, 2009, 12:36 AM
Haha, no shit huh? It would've been easier if the system itself had just one code/username that was shared between all wifi enabled games... Oh well :P

No problem :)

i think they did this to crack down on pedophiles or atleast this is the rumor anyway i just added mine to my signature so every post i make people can see it i figured this was the best way to distribute

Java378
Nov 12, 2009, 01:01 AM
I add anyone who hung around here in the 10 days before countdown by default. If in 5 days, you don't see me, PM me to see if I added you.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 12, 2009, 07:07 AM
how do i look at my friend code?

Metsume
Nov 12, 2009, 07:52 AM
First, connect to Nintendo WFC and then it will be under your Nickname in the Friend Roster. :)

Arikado
Nov 12, 2009, 07:53 AM
First, connect to Nintendo WFC and then it will be under your Nickname in the Friend Roster. :)Oh thanks I was wondering as well!

Definitely gonna look it up when I come home.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 12, 2009, 07:07 PM
thanks a bunch

Aether
Nov 13, 2009, 03:16 PM
Just how do you actualy use friend codes, to link up and play with others?!:-?

Itchee
Nov 13, 2009, 03:20 PM
Very carefully.