PDA

View Full Version : Sequel?

Ceipe
Nov 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hey there everyone, maybe I'm just a little behind in story and it will be explained later, but according to the oficial site http://www.sega.com/ps0/game/intro.php this is the first true sequel of PSO, however I seem to find no real connection storywise between this and the PSO Eps 1 and 2.

Rgrds

Jonty
Nov 12, 2009, 02:21 PM
I think they just mean a proper successor - I don't think what they said has anything to do with the timeline. As far as I know if it's anything, it's technically a prequel.

landman
Nov 12, 2009, 02:35 PM
You will discover in a side mission far into the game that it is really a true sequel.

Mysterious-G
Nov 12, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sequel as in making use of the same or very similiar game mechanics.
There is a little bit of story connection to PSO, but only as a reference. You have by no means to have played PSO in order to understand the story.

parabolee
Nov 12, 2009, 02:38 PM
I think they mean in gameplay style more than story.

Ceipe
Nov 12, 2009, 02:52 PM
I guess it would make sense if they mean in gameplay style, but wasn't PSO:BB very similar but with a broader pallet?

Rgrds

Hatrix
Nov 13, 2009, 10:43 PM
Hmm well I started of as a Newman and Sarissa or whatever mentioned the book of the two heros that saved the world (Rico & Flowen) obviously and a dragon

Evicous
Nov 14, 2009, 01:56 AM
Well I believe that PS0 happens 199 years after PSO. The events in PSO happened 1 year after they left, and PS0 happened about 200 years after that right?

landman
Nov 14, 2009, 06:42 AM
Well I believe that PS0 happens 199 years after PSO. The events in PSO happened 1 year after they left, and PS0 happened about 200 years after that right?
PSŲ takes place 200 years after the great blank, the end of the war that destroyed most civilization on Earth/Coral, we don't know when did that war end after PSO and PSO EpIII

Kenbog
Nov 14, 2009, 07:17 AM
Well look at the game, most enemies are animals from irl, then the origin boomas family...
I do think its the start of everything and everything starts from 0, thats why they call it Phantasy Star Zero

Mike
Nov 14, 2009, 07:22 AM
Well look at the game, most enemies are animals from irl, then the origin boomas family...

That's called a hole. Why Boomas are on Earth when they were originally from Ragol isn't explained.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
Their description is reminiscen of the PSO weapons in PSU. It says they just appeared out of thin air.

Nidramag
Nov 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
Could be happening at the same time. One of the possibilities I see :

Year X- Trouble on the Coral/Earth! o noez it's pioneer tiem!
Year X+7 - War erupts on the unstable planet, however, P1 is on, and P2 are on way to a new planet.

War wipes the hell out of everything. A few survive. The reset causes it to become year 0 tot he inhabitants, meanwhile, the people of the pioneer ships are with their own problems.

Don't talk about Dark Falz existing in two places at once, because it's already know the evil entity is outside the laws of physics, there may be more than one Dark Force out there anyway, at the same time.

That's what I think is possible.