PDA

View Full Version : Vote Deus Irae for Sleepy Head!

CajunSamurai
Feb 24, 2003, 06:01 AM
Lemme tell you a little story about a very good friend of mine.

One night, we began a C mode game on Version 2 with our usual group, commonly refered to as "The Three Stooges" or "dirty gaijin". Naturally, we had to park out in the Hunter's Guild and wait a little while for a fourth player to join our game before we began the Challenge.
So... we waited. And we waited some more. Eventually, I think I flipped the channel and watched some latenight RONCO infomercials or something, checking back periodically.
After a bit of waiting, HALLELUJAH!, somebody joins the game! Of course, we're all ready to start this thang up and git fonky. That is, everyone but Deus.
He sits there, idle. I shout messages at him, but... he doesn't answer back. I run circles around him but he doesn't flinch. After a few minutes, the other player got sick of waiting and bailed on us, leaving us back at square one.
Eventually, Deus would get disconnected. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif The next day we meet up again, and it turns out that... he woke up, greeted with the PSO title screen later that same morning. He had fallen asleep while waiting for another player to join our game! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

As if that weren't enough to win him the title of Sleepy Head, here's the clincher...
A few nights ago, us three created a C8 game, right? Well, us three bumbling gaijin in Alcyone 6 obviously had to wait, once again, for another player.
So, we fooled around, laughed, singed and frolicked, until... we noticed that Deus had been "afk" for quite some time. I figured he was away, making food or something, no big deal.
... Soon after, a Japanese C player joined our game. Trying to buy a little time, I said some stupid crap using Message Select, but alas, it did not work. This player was eager to begin, so, to prevent him leaving and having to wait another 15 or so minutes for another player, I went ahead and began the Challenge.
Deus just stood there, idle, at the beginning of the Challenge until we had gotten to the second to last area of the C. But it was too late for him, as he eventually got trapped outside a switch gate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

A warrior, a patriot, a TRUE sleep deprived PSO devotee!
Do the right thing and VOTE Deus Irae for Sleepy Head.

CajunSamurai for Chibi Chaser, *COUGH*

Balthor
Feb 24, 2003, 04:00 PM
You would think Sleepy Head would be someone who's inactive or something at night.

Go figure.

CajunSamurai
Feb 25, 2003, 12:28 AM
It's all relative. Like me, he's a night person for the most part. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

So do the right thing, and VOTE for Deus Irae!! It's for the good of your future, NAY!, the future of PSO as a whole.

And vote me for Chibi Chaser, *COUGH*

Gartywood
Feb 25, 2003, 01:48 AM
So what he did this twice while wating idly for an extra team member. I constantly fall asleep while going through levels with teams online. VOTE me for sleepyhead because i am i fall asleep everywhere.

one night i had a couple of friends over. we wanted to watch jay and silent bob strike back. So I fell asleep on the couch sitting up watching jay and silent bob strike back on dvd. my friends leave without waking me (they said i would not wake up) and the next morning i woke up to the title screen and jay yelling "LAdys ladys ladys jay and silent bob are in the hizouse"

i fell asleep in the commuter lounge (at school) reading a book and woke up 15 minutes or so later with the book stillin my hand (although strangely not to the page i had been reading)

Thats not the mention all of the classes i fall asleep in which pisses college profs off a lot more that high school teachers.

Well thats that I should be the Sleepyhead

*yawns*

Now i'm going to bed

*yawns*

Now i'm going to bed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gartywood on 2003-02-24 22:56 ]</font>

Cloud_01
Feb 26, 2003, 12:48 AM
If you vote for me as Booma Feed, I'll vote for you as Sleepyhead. Sounds good?