PDA

View Full Version : RAcast help please?

DethSlayr
Nov 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
So anyways, I'm brand new to the series and have like no clue what I'm doing ^^;

And i have a few questions...

1.What stats does a RAcast want? Like on armour do i want more dfp or evp?

2.What exactly do I feed my mag and such... I'm very confused...

So to anyone who takes the time to help out a noob, thanks :D

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 13, 2009, 01:44 AM
Here's a newly added guide on Mag Feeding.
Shows what items add what stats to the mag.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2599

RAcast DFP might be up there anyway, but go for more when you know you're going to get hit a lot, such as during bosses. Mostly you're wanting to stay out of range and pellet things with Ranger guns and such right? As well as learning the dodge moves for when things get hairy and in your face.

I don't believe EVP would help that be more effective but just in general, avoiding attacks, but anyone with more info can correct me as necesary on that.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 13, 2009, 01:49 AM
Personally I would say for armor go for DFP and on your mag that's up to you. Do you want to take no damage? Go with def. Never miss? Pick up hit. I'd say shy away from mind unless you REALLY like using photon arts. If you are looking to even out your char, look up your characters stats from the character ... thingy link on the main page, and just put more stats where they need to be.

darthplagis
Nov 13, 2009, 06:49 AM
higher DEF can be a curse, like on PSO RAcaseal used to take a beating as they hardly ever fell over when hit, so would get smacked all over instead of falling and being immune for a few seconds.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 13, 2009, 09:17 AM
That's true... but I hated getting knocked over.

Itchee
Nov 13, 2009, 09:53 AM
RAcast ATA is naturally high, so you may not necessarily need a HIT mag. Though, at later levels, it may come in handy to have one. Personally, I dont think you can go wrong with a POWER mag supplemented with power materials on your RAcast, that way you can at least be respectable with damage in the later levels...else i think hunters (especially HUcast) and forces will blow past you towards endgame...
I dont know if a DEF mag is really needed, especially in multimode. You really shouldnt be getting hit too often....however, Ive always felt boosting EVA is the way to go, as CAST EVA isnt great and dodging hits, instead of absorbing them, will help you from being knocked out of combos..which is pretty annoying...