PDA

View Full Version : Just beaten the game on Normal. (SPOILER THREAD.)

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 02:49 AM
Wanted to know what you guys thought about the game? Personally, my mind was blown, it was challenging, fun, addictive, felt very PSOish, GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS.

I was level 28 when I beated DF, level 50ish mag, used 2 scape dolls.

Man the coolest part is that you get a bunch of quests when you complete it, so excited, gonna be questing all night. :P

So what about you guys? Was the game up to your expectations so far?

Oh yeah my favorite part was definitely the tentacle part with Sarisa, so hilarious. :P

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 03:33 AM
just beated... beated... just beated

*van halen solo*Don't tell me you spoiled yourself anything. >_>;

... Lemme guess, you already spoiled yourself somewhere else or you beaten the game already? :P

SirTopps
Nov 13, 2009, 03:34 AM
im just goofing on your dude. nothing got spoiled . i cant read.

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 03:35 AM
im just goofing on your dude. nothing got spoiled . i cant read.Oh that's cool then. :P

Nai_Calus
Nov 13, 2009, 10:14 AM
Just beat, not just beated. I beat the game, not beated. Please.

I cleared story mode the other day myself.

I was massively creeped out by Sarisa going on to me after the credits about how she just wants to be with me and we should be together. Apparently Sarisa is my (actual) future waifu?

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 10:29 AM
Just beat, not just beated. I beat the game, not beated. Please.

I cleared story mode the other day myself.

I was massively creeped out by Sarisa going on to me after the credits about how she just wants to be with me and we should be together. Apparently Sarisa is my (actual) future waifu?Oh sorry about this, i'm not English you know. :P

I got the Sarisa ending too I think, well I saw her after the credits as well.

EDIT: Nevermind got my answer, it's beaten.

Probably just made a typo. :P

AVHero
Nov 13, 2009, 10:44 AM
I beat it as well. I was level 31, level 100 mag, died several times, but didn't use scape dolls. I got upset when I died to DF and had to fight MT form again. Oh well. Wasn't too bad.

Sarisa hits on everyone. My character is a girl and she loves me too. So don't be too distraught.

I'm going to finish all the normal quests, except the tower, then move to hard mode.

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 10:54 AM
I beat it as well. I was level 31, level 100 mag, died several times, but didn't use scape dolls. I got upset when I died to DF and had to fight MT form again. Oh well. Wasn't too bad.

Sarisa hits on everyone. My character is a girl and she loves me too. So don't be too distraught.

I'm going to finish all the normal quests, except the tower, then move to hard mode.Whoa man, I was wondering if you had to start everything over if you died, thanks for answering, what a pain. -_-;

My chara's a girl as well and yeah, lots of lesbian action going on. (Seriously wtf Sega.) >_>;

I'm doing the new quests as well, gonna do the Tower quest before moving on to Hard though. :P

Java378
Nov 13, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Sarisa and Octo Diablo. The hentai was out all this year. But the dialogue for the game . . . .was hentai too.

Galeohn
Nov 13, 2009, 02:57 PM
aaa someone help me with Mother Trinity Normal mode, i got owned haha, my cpu members got nailed really bad though so i was the only target

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
I found that once I stopped trying to keep my NPCs alive (that is to say, once they were all dead, anyway), Mother Trinity went down rather quickly. Same applies to Dark Falz.

Arikado
Nov 13, 2009, 03:35 PM
aaa someone help me with Mother Trinity Normal mode, i got owned haha, my cpu members got nailed really bad though so i was the only targetOh man, there's a quest you get after completing the game, you gotta kill her again but luckily, only the first form then Dark Falz.

I found that once I stopped trying to keep my NPCs alive (that is to say, once they were all dead, anyway), Mother Trinity went down rather quickly. Same applies to Dark Falz.Yes and no, you gotta admit NPCs are good meat shields, they get aggroed a lot for me. (I'm playing Ranger.), What I do is I use a Moon Atomizer then I use a Star Atomizer to fill everyone up, works well.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 13, 2009, 06:02 PM
Aye, Moon then Star works great... Until you run out of Moons. Playing as a HUnewearl though, I found myself casting Resta more than attacking, until my Moons were gone.

Dragwind
Nov 13, 2009, 06:07 PM
I find the NPCs to be rather useless, but using them as meatshields is ok sometimes. Using them in "safety first" mode helps makes things easier though.

Nai_Calus
Nov 13, 2009, 07:26 PM
I don't bother to heal the NPCs mid-room. They exist to heal *me*. If they fail me in this, it's their fault.

Though Sarisa does love her Restaspam.

Zarode
Nov 13, 2009, 10:46 PM
I thought the story was generic and bad. Reading it in English made it worse for me, though. I knew it was gonna be anime as hell, but Jesus Christ I was not prepared.

Java378
Nov 13, 2009, 11:19 PM
Trying to keep my comrades alive during the Mother Trinity battle was the death of me. All other boss battles, it may have worked fine.

I was a FOmar.

I'd hate to see how a FOmarl or FOneweral would do since they are mostly support.

Nai_Calus
Nov 14, 2009, 12:36 AM
I thought the story was generic and bad. Reading it in English made it worse for me, though. I knew it was gonna be anime as hell, but Jesus Christ I was not prepared.

Newmans are the ULTIMATE Mary Sue.

I actually kind of liked the story, it was basically a more anime Phantasy Star II without the ENDLESS ANGST.

Redpaige13
Nov 14, 2009, 01:02 AM
Trying to keep my comrades alive during the Mother Trinity battle was the death of me. All other boss battles, it may have worked fine.

I was a FOmar.

I'd hate to see how a FOmarl or FOneweral would do since they are mostly support.

Not too bad. I have a FOnewearl character, and even though all the NPCs died, I was able to progress without them. They died a few times, but during DF I when I ran out of Moons.

I used Resta like a mother-fucker, but regardless. It wasn't really all that bad. :B

Aeternus
Nov 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
I got my ass ROMPED! Anybody have tips on beating Mother Trinity as a FOmarl? I wasted through all my scapedolls, and Fluids. My party just kept taking too much damage

Which attack works best for her? Thanks in advance.

GHNeko
Nov 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
I stayed up to 5 AM beating story mode. I was a HUmar at level 30 IIRC when I got to MT/DF.

got defeated twice, used 6 scapes. As said previously, battles got sooo much easier when I stopped caring about AI which was the a reason for both times being defeated and was the purpose of 4 of 6 Scape Dolls.

Dark Falz is a BITCH without a long range weapon omfg. I had to go back and pick up a gunblade so I could sit back and shoot the balls out of the way so I could switch to daggers and start dealing 600dmg combos to dark falz.

The form where he sits in the middle is the harder one because the balls crowd him then as opposed to when he lays at the edge of the stage.

blaaaah.

Also, am I the only one who didn't get a lovey dovey Sarisa throughout the game? Or am I so dense I cant even tell when an NPC is hitting on me. <____>

I wouldn't be surprised at the second one actually....

Ceresa
Nov 15, 2009, 12:54 PM
I got my ass ROMPED! Anybody have tips on beating Mother Trinity as a FOmarl? I wasted through all my scapedolls, and Fluids. My party just kept taking too much damage

Use a slicer, save pp for resta, shifta and other support. (Ignore deband)

PB at start before the npcs die and lose their PB, let them stay dead.

Applies to all bosses for all forces. Bosses have no evp (even on superhard) so you can ignore ATA. As long as you don't get 1shot, you can last for a long long long time. Of course you won't need to last that long because slicers rip through bosses.

Java378
Nov 15, 2009, 12:56 PM
I was defeated by Mother Trinity as a level 28 FOmar and am a level 32 still leveling. THE NPCs suck. They crowd her before she attacks. If I will be fighting alone, I might as well level up like so.

Aeternus
Nov 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
Use a slicer, save pp for resta, shifta and other support. (Ignore deband)

PB at start before the npcs die and lose their PB, let them stay dead.

Applies to all bosses for all forces. Bosses have no evp (even on superhard) so you can ignore ATA. As long as you don't get 1shot, you can last for a long long long time. Of course you won't need to last that long because slicers rip through bosses.

Thanks for the tips.

darthplagis
Nov 15, 2009, 03:49 PM
yeah i just beat falz on normal, hunewearl lvl 28

i too stopped caring about moons and just whacked away at both MT and falz.

definatly more a nod to PS2 than PSO, but i liked it! hentai inuendo included :)

Randomness
Nov 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
Dark Falz is a BITCH without a long range weapon omfg. I had to go back and pick up a gunblade so I could sit back and shoot the balls out of the way so I could switch to daggers and start dealing 600dmg combos to dark falz.

Really? Tornado Dance is your friend.

Bearissoslow
Nov 15, 2009, 03:59 PM

Seconded. It's boring and generic; I'm skipping through most of it right now.

GHNeko
Nov 15, 2009, 04:00 PM
Well. I didnt have tornado dance. >_>

Blade cannon uses Earth Bullet and Lapis Fangs use Huge Cross.

kirtblue
Nov 15, 2009, 10:00 PM

Also, am I the only one who didn't get a lovey dovey Sarisa throughout the game?

i dunno i used one of the gag weapons the animal hand and beat it on second try first time forgot to grab scape dolls

maybe sarisa only likes the female characters

zetagear
Nov 15, 2009, 10:34 PM
beat the game

the first form when my NPC's died I used HEAL Traps.

Then Moon at Dark Falz...

Seriously I was O.o the one who lasted longer was Sarisa compared to the other two.

Enoka
Nov 15, 2009, 10:59 PM
I beat the game yesterday. Like most people I just left the NPCs dead, (although I resurrected Kai and Ogi while they were right under Falz. Twas funny.) and it worked quite well for me. I think I'm the only person who didn't have Sarisa get lesbian on me though. The story wasn't bad, but the story telling made me want to go vomit. Constant talk of teamwork is too cliche for me. Its a moral that kids have heard a thousand times and then some. Considering Mother Trinity was "trying to save the environment," couldn't the moral have been about that as well? Bleh. I'm just happy that the final boss posed a good challenge that required more than a high level to beat. Damn marble things that Dark Falz had made me wanna die at times from how much they made my left thumb hurt.

I'd advise just leaving your team mates to die and staying on the side of her. Don't try to take out the final bouncy piece of her. It doesn't take damage. Try to stay on the side as well so that she can't smash you with her face.

Nidramag
Nov 15, 2009, 11:52 PM
I tried a half dozen times around level 30 (Im a FOnewm, can't exactly solo this stuff well...) and go 'beated' myself quite a lot, though mother T. is super easy. Came back today at level 45 and showed that damn dark falz whats up. No scape dolls. No fluids. Owned.

Java378
Nov 16, 2009, 12:10 AM
Wow, it leveled me up to 40 form 39 just going through the level. And, I bet it without using escape dolls.

Is it just me or does the end game cinematic portray the monsters and my character as friends?

Nidramag
Nov 16, 2009, 12:12 AM
Who Cares. Sarisa is a lesbian.

SebZero
Nov 16, 2009, 12:15 AM

This explains why she didn't hit on my HUcast...

Java378
Nov 16, 2009, 12:43 AM
I'm glad I'm equipped with HP recovery in this tower. Even though, I got it long before the tower.

Gotta go all the way around, and up through the middle. Is that 6 or 8 rooms times 100?

Niered
Nov 16, 2009, 12:54 AM
Sarisa isn't a lesbo in my game, just a technophile since apparently she was all RAcast crazy.

Too bad i'm not a pedophile. Oh wait...thats a good thing.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 12:58 AM
i dunno i used one of the gag weapons the animal hand and beat it on second try first time forgot to grab scape dolls

maybe sarisa only likes the female characters

fffff stop making me look pathetic.

cApNhOwDy
Nov 16, 2009, 01:00 AM
Just beat the game, OMG it was goooooood.

Anyone else see the part that said something along the lines of "Let's go ho"?

jmanx
Nov 16, 2009, 01:01 AM

Yay for yuri!

Found story mode pretty funny. And it seem like the objective was to get with Sarisa guess that what a japanese dating sim must be like lol. I like how your character actually talks and is unignore like the other online phantasy stars lols.

Good story for just a 3hr one thats for sure.
I liked the anime style to. People who play Pso may find it awakward but phantasy star was always animeish.

i threw a snow ball at her :D

Just beat the game, OMG it was goooooood.

Anyone else see the part that said something along the lines of "Let's go ho"?

rofl i picked that one

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 01:23 AM
I think the general consensus by PSZers is that Sarisa is awesome.

Allison_W
Nov 16, 2009, 02:21 AM
Sarisa did not get all lesbian on my HUmarl, sadly. I think she's still agitated about my amusement when she was playing with the tentacle monster.

Oh well, maybe I'll get a second chance or something. Maybe I can replay in Hard mode. I hope so.

Zeroske
Nov 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
don't ever rely on the CPUs, they die rather quickly at any boss, they are only good as a temporary dekoy, healing, and for extra hard keep your noob npcs alive challenge!!! (seriously try it, its fun!) i recommend just training a bit more and using a nice wep to kill Mother trinity, and Dark Falz, since after you don't get KD it seems to be much much much easier for me. not sure if that helps you at all..