PDA

View Full Version : Photon Blast

Ceipe
Nov 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
Ok, maybe I just suck at looking for it, but it there anywhere in the site that actually describes what each Photon Blast does?

Rgrds

Ryna
Nov 13, 2009, 01:30 PM
Ok, maybe I just suck at looking for it, but it there anywhere in the site that actually describes what each Photon Blast does?

Rgrds

Expect one later today. I'm writing a guide that covers Photon Blasts.

Akaimizu
Nov 13, 2009, 01:34 PM
But to let people know of one of them.

Photon Blast: Flozir
When activated, temporarily freezes the PP bar. During that time, Photon Energy in the characters is unlimited. Go crazy using anything that uses PP, because you can't run out until the PB effect runs out.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 13, 2009, 01:39 PM
Might you also be making one for Mag Natures? The ones on PSUpedia use the rough translation names for the natures, so it's a lot of guessing, when it comes to knowing if you have the right Mag or not....

Ryna
Nov 13, 2009, 01:41 PM
But to let people know of one of them.

Photon Blast: Flozir
When activated, temporarily freezes the PP bar. During that time, Photon Energy in the characters is unlimited. Go crazy using anything that uses PP, because you can't run out until the PB effect runs out.

From what I've been reading, the effect of Flozir will vary depending on when it is used in a PB chain. Have you only used it while playing solo?

Amherst_Wind
Nov 13, 2009, 01:52 PM
If I recall correctly its...

On its own: Infinite PP
2 PB Chain: All above + Halved charge time for Techs/PAs
3 PB Chain: All above + 100% Critical chance
4 PB Chain: All above + Complete immunity to damage, status, stagger etc

Ryna
Nov 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
If I recall correctly its...

On its own: Infinite PP
2 PB Chain: All above + Halved charge time for Techs/PAs
3 PB Chain: All above + 100% Critical chance
4 PB Chain: All above + Complete immunity to damage, status, stagger etc

Thanks.

Does it matter when Flozir is cast in the PB chain?

Ceipe
Nov 13, 2009, 02:03 PM
Cool, thanks to all, I'm eagerly awaiting for the info =)

Jonty
Nov 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
Yah - the 4 chain Flozir got me through the tower a lot quicker with my FOmar. Brilliant for tech chuckers.

Akaimizu
Nov 13, 2009, 02:22 PM
Very nice. Thanks for the info. I was really curious about how certain Photon Blasts change depending on the chains. The game hinted at that. Yes, my info was me only using it solo. As a Solo member, it gives temporary infinite PP.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 13, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks.

Does it matter when Flozir is cast in the PB chain?

Well with the way PB chains work in PS Zero, only the first person to trigger the PB gets their PB cast, anyone else who gets in range of the first caster and triggers their PB simply powers up the original PB, their PB will not be cast.

So as an example: The person with the Flozir PB is the first person to press L+R, then 3 other people run onto the glyph on the ground and (while the first person is still holding L+R) press L+R, as soon as the first person lets go, Flozir will appear and it should be at maximum power.

Akaimizu
Nov 13, 2009, 02:35 PM
Very nice. That explains a lot.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Also if you did want to get all 4 levels of Flozir solo, invite 3 of the NPCs :)
Just order them to charge and hold their PB blast (I think they do that by default anyway, not sure though) then when you see the NPCs bars are full and yours is, hold L+R to make the glyph and the NPCs will immediately run over and boost you.

Ceipe
Nov 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
It would be nice if the PB guide also explained things about the new system of PB's, for example, now you only get 1 PB, so it would be nice if in the guide it was explained that the PB to be used is the first triggered and the rest just power it up.

This comes with a q's, the PB you use is the one corresponding to the current Mag rather than the first you got right?

And finally, the effect the mags trigger (if they trigger anything), when I went to fight the octopus I noticed that my mag activated Shifta and Deband on me, so I guess bosses still activate it.

Rgrds

Akaimizu
Nov 13, 2009, 03:01 PM
They seem to work like they did in PSO. And yeah, big threats like bosses seem toake it more likely they will trigger an effect. I think it's also calculated with syncro for the chances of it happening. My current Mag had a Timid personality, so my random boost mainly gave me a defense up. A mag, on another character of mine, had the tendency to refill me PP bar, randomly.

Ryna
Nov 13, 2009, 03:12 PM
Here is that Photon Blast guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2603

On a side-note, the Mag Evolution Chart has been updated with thumbnails and Photon Blast information.

Ceipe
Nov 13, 2009, 03:30 PM
Here is that Photon Blast guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2603

On a side-note, the Mag Evolution Chart has been updated with thumbnails and Photon Blast information.

Thanks Ryna =)

Hatrix
Nov 13, 2009, 03:34 PM
I don't have the game yet but find this topic interesting... anyway can you still help power up a team members PB without a full blast gage? In PSO you could press Y alot to donate...

Hatrix
Nov 13, 2009, 11:18 PM
Hmm just picked up the game Ill have to level up my mag and see what its capabilities might be!