PDA

View Full Version : Point of handguns/wands for RAcast?

Itchee
Nov 13, 2009, 02:45 PM
Topic.

Aside from wanting to be a unique snowflake in multimode....what is the point of these for RAcast (or really anyone)?
Handguns: Blow when compared to other ranged weapons, cant off-hand another weapon.
Wands: Cant attach techs to it (CASTs have no techs anyway), cant off-hand another weapon.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 13, 2009, 02:55 PM
This isn't PSU. :l
You can't offhand anything, so you can't really bring that into the picture, its just not applicable to PS Zero.
Handguns are easily the quickest most versatile ranged weapon and some of the PAs are pretty useful for hitting multiple enemies.

Itchee
Nov 13, 2009, 02:58 PM
Im aware this isnt PSU, thus the topic.
Granted my views on handguns are entirely opinionated, but i cant see why I would use one over mechguns or something else. I also cant see myself equipping a handgun to spam a PA...when again....mechguns have PAs which hit multiple enemies.

GHNeko
Nov 13, 2009, 03:03 PM
Wands have their own PAs. So a HUcast might find a useful PA on a wand and bring it around for that sole purpose.

Rakath Talyn
Nov 13, 2009, 03:04 PM
Wands are pretty quick offensively, and they power off of MST instead of ATP. That stat that Forces and Newmans have in spades. Why use it on a Cast... no idea, but you can. Wands are superior to Sabers when it comes to what to give your Force. Since they don't just beef off of a Force's best stat, they also increase that stat (and thus increase your tech power).

And Casts can use Handguns because I don't think anyone can equip a Mechgun at LV1.

Then again, I could be nuts, my HUne uses a Wand and a Slicer as my main weapons.

Edit: On the PAs for Wands, Magical Sign is really nice with its built in Slow and wide area hit.

Itchee
Nov 13, 2009, 03:14 PM
I see what youre saying in reference to wands for classes which actually use MST. Thats fine.
Ill have to take a look at the PAs more for handguns and wands, but really...it seems that if thats your only reason to use one, it would be far more situational than it needs to be and switching weapons out on the fly already isnt the most graceful action as it is....
It just seems to me there are other weapons which do what these weapons do, but better. So now all we're talking about is swapping out a shittier weapon to PA spam then go back to the weapon you were using.....

Allison_W
Nov 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
I believe there's one wand PA that randomly casts Foie, Barta, or Zonde at tech level 1 to 10, costs very little PP, and from what I hear even CASTs can use it. I don't know if there are any enemies that are so resistant to blades or bullets that even a CAST would want to resort to random Foie/Barta/Zonde.

kirtblue
Nov 13, 2009, 07:28 PM
i actually prefer handgun over say a rifle do to said quickness stated above