PDA

View Full Version : Best choice for force?

unicorn
Nov 13, 2009, 05:45 PM
Although a lot of you guys will say FOnewearl, I don't play that. I'm not fond of loli techers for me, idk why...

Second up in terms of tech strength is probably FOnewm, but I heard hes not noticably better than a FOmar or FOmarl.

And for some reason I'm being drawn to FOmarl's aesthetics, but I generally like to stick to male characters...

FOmar would have been my first choice, but hes the weakest tech offensive force, but I don't know by how much...

Opinions would be nice! D:

Wash
Nov 13, 2009, 06:05 PM
I chose FOmarl because of how well rounded they are. They don't get as much MST or PP regen as FOnewearl, but they do get 20 more material usage (which could lessen the gap in MST), and you could get a PP regen slot to make up for the latter.

As for male/female, I chose female because of the resta (and grants) boost because I'm hoping to be support until my MST is high. If you want to be more offensive then I say go FOnewm or FOmar because they get the increased barta, foie, etc (I don't remember which gets what boost but I know in general males get boosts in attack spells, females resta and grants/megid).

I prefer male characters too, but the stat-whore in me sometimes gets loose lol.

xSHiNOx
Nov 13, 2009, 06:07 PM
i would have chosen FOnewearl but the one in this game doesnt look that great compared to the one in PSO so i chose FOmar in white with no hat. dont care if they got lower mst than the others. i got the equipment to beat their stats

Allison_W
Nov 13, 2009, 06:26 PM
I don't think there is any one "best choice." If you want to play a male force, play a male force. FOnewm is probably the one you want--relatively poor Resta, but raw technique power second only to the FOnewe and a 15% boost to all attack techs (meaning he'll probably outdamage her with every attack technique other than Megid, but you'd have to ask someone who's actually crunched the numbers).

Of course, if you like the FOmarl's aesthetics (they're actually kind of driving me away), go ahead and play a FOmarl. Your technique power will be a little poorer and you won't get a power boost to Foie/Barta/Zonde/Megid, but your Grants and Resta will be better and you'll be better if forced into melee. FOmarls don't get PP regen, but they do get higher raw PP.

Myself, I prefer to play female characters, and I don't let the stat-whore in me convince me otherwise. Only when an entire style of play is gender-specific, like the barbarian (male) in Diablo II, do I deviate from that. (Definitely looking forward to being able to play a female barbarian in Diablo III, though.)

Donnikun
Nov 13, 2009, 06:42 PM
i chose FOmar in yellow, no hat. The Fo mar is an excellent hybrid class, proficient in both melee and magic at high levels. i usually use one of the force weapons, slicer, rod, or wand to melee with, and it is pretty powerful, not quite as brute as a hunter, but i can get the job done.

Dragwind
Nov 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
I chose to make a FOnewm for pure offensive techs since his technique power is 2nd to the FOnewearl by a small amount, but still has a 15% boost to all attack techs probably making him the best offensive choice so far in my eyes.

FOmar seems like it will be pretty good using Foie, Barta, Zonde, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde with that 20% boost, but doesn't seem to touch the FOnewms damage. However you have better accuracy and melee power to replace using certain techs.

This time around it seems all FOs have their quirks which I like. If I had more slots I'd love to try them all, but I'm sticking to the FOnewm this time.

kirtblue
Nov 13, 2009, 07:40 PM
it all depends on your play style i personally chose fonewearl because of her ability to cast all day long thanx to the high pp for that character class