PDA

View Full Version : pokemon! what do you think?

Kemon
Feb 24, 2003, 11:43 AM
What the hell is up with pokemon ?? they toss balls at animals and make them fight thats pretty damn stupid it like pushing a cokc in a ball and tossing it into a ring to have a cock fight its just a bunch of shit i think

Celes152
Feb 24, 2003, 12:51 PM
You must have never even played the games. They're incredibly deep with strategy, and ever growing. It sounds like you're referring to the Anime , but the games are really quite good.

There are several online battle simulators, and they're constantly evolving.

By the way, you won't get very far with a poll that has the choice "Durr it r gay!11".

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 24, 2003, 02:12 PM
The gameboy game was fun, but I got sick of the anime after team rocket showed up almost every episode :3

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 24, 2003, 02:19 PM
I'm not really sure how a game can be homosexual, but truth be told..I've never really inquired.

As for the games, they're probably the best thing to hit handheld gaming since the unveiling of the Gameboy.

Guntz348
Feb 24, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-02-24 11:19, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:
I'm not really sure how a game can be homosexual,

Two words for ya "Tinky Winky"(or what ever the hell that teletubbies name was).

Eum
Feb 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
=D You'd think SnAPPLE would like Team Rocket.

Nyasu, nyo.

Kent
Feb 24, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-02-24 09:51, Celes152 wrote:
You must have never even played the games. They're incredibly deep with strategy, and ever growing. It sounds like you're referring to the Anime , but the games are really quite good.

Yes, the strategy element in Pokemon is very deep and at times can be challenging (unless you are insanely l33t like me).

I can't wait for Ruby and Sapphire. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2003-02-24 11:19, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:
I'm not really sure how a game can be homosexual, but truth be told..I've never really inquired.

Actually, it's impossible for an inanimate object, such as a game, to have a sexual orientation or express emotion. Therefore, it cannot be "gay."

As for the games, they're probably the best thing to hit handheld gaming since the unveiling of the Gameboy.

Damn right. I've spent more hours playing Pokemon games on my GameBoys than any other games (MegaMan Battle Network series coming in second).

Vitamin_D
Feb 24, 2003, 03:48 PM
Pokemon gets an "I love it!" vote from me. I have to admit that the show brung down it's credibility CONSIDERABLY, but he game is what I like the most. It's too damn addicting for it's own good. It's always, "Ah, I'll just get one more level." or "Ok, after this gym I'll stop." (hours later) "What my Pokemon just evolved, might as well eveolve the others too!" and so on. Don't diss on Pokemon...most people who do don't actually play the game, or if they did, they didn't Get into it. Whatever, I'm a proud Pokemon (Gameboy game) fan. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Para
Feb 24, 2003, 04:57 PM
i liked the game alot... my friends and i would bring gameboys to school and keep doing mystery gift EVERYDAY XD!!! but some of them cheated >=O they boosted their pokemon stats that it made no fun... but when they battled me legit... well they lost XD

as for the show, i enjoyed until... reruns... and having team rocket repetitively show up again and again..

Deathscythealpha
Feb 24, 2003, 05:00 PM
Pokemon, the game: I have to admit the games were quite good. I only started playing my cousins copy of Red cause i was helping him get all the Pokemon for his Blue (for some reason my aunt got him both games for xmas) and i got really addicted to it. I was off school for about a month then, so i got really far into it. As soon as yellow came out i went out and bought it. People who say the game is crap have either never played it or havent given it a chance cause of the anime.

Pokemon, the anime: i watched some of it with my cousin but wasnt to impressed, just the same thing happening every episode really.

(edit: i need to proof cheack what i post)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2003-02-24 15:19 ]</font>

Ness
Feb 24, 2003, 05:40 PM
The games are okay, but I outgrew all of that stuff along time ago.

IceBlink
Feb 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
The only game I know of which is somewhat... homoerotic, is Cho Aniki (Super Big Brother, or something along those lines), from the visual imagery. o_O It has to be seen to be believed.

Pokemon is neat. ^_^ Sure, it's sometimes childish, but parents are agreeable with it, and it's teaching kids morals, which is always a good thing, and it's anime, which means yay, parents might like anime more and quit finding excuses to complain about it. o_O

RavenTW
Feb 24, 2003, 06:22 PM
The only reason I like the anime is the Gym battles and Wobbufet. As for the game, I have all but Gold and Crystal with a legit level 84 Typholsion *sticks tounge out* and I'm thinking about possibly getting either Ruby or Sapphire. (Ruby because of the cool-looking Pokemon as opposed to Silver's not-so-cool-looking one, or Sapphire because I like blue better than red. Why not make a Black and White?)

I'm surprised so many people actually like this game. It's strategy...Eh, it has some, but only when facing tough mazes or taking an alternate route because you can't move the blockading pokemon and stuff like that. Get the right pokemon, and gym battles can be a snap.

The most interesting thing Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire will have (other than better graphics due to GBA) is the two-on-two battles. Those will be interesting.

*wonders whether the people who were saying pokemon names for the R/S commercial were paid or actually like the game*

Blenjar
Feb 24, 2003, 06:29 PM
I dont care but i watch the show. I love it but not as much as before.

Vantamiath
Feb 24, 2003, 06:30 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/season3/310.gif

Chinpokemon will rule the world!

...I hate pokemon

Raneth
Feb 24, 2003, 07:19 PM
I love Pokemon. The anime is boring as ever, but the game is great. It doesn't look like much at first, but when you play it, it changes the way you play games. I wasn't a videogamer until I started playing Pokemon. It's the "gateway game."

SorceressofTime
Feb 25, 2003, 05:09 AM
On 2003-02-24 15:30, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/season3/310.gif

Chinpokemon will rule the world!

LOL!!!!! XD

On 2003-02-24 15:22, RavenTW wrote:
The only reason I like the anime is the Gym battles and Wobbufet.

haha, same. but sometimes when the anime is on tv and nothing else is on, i just watch it cause im bored. for me, pokemon is the past of annoyance.

Murako
Feb 25, 2003, 07:38 AM
Man, I was a cheat master at that game! I knew how to dupe items, and how to dupe the Pokemon themselves. I got a duped lvl 100 Mew, lvl 100 Marowak(none legit lol) lvl 100 Pikachu, Lvl 100 Poliwrath, lvl 100 Ninetales, whole bunch lvl 100 pokemons. I unlocked everything in Pokemon Staidum for N64. I even knew how to get to "Car Island". I loved it! I do admit, the show was a disgrace to anime and to Pokemon itself. I cant wait to get Ruby or Sappire and hack them up!

Phobos-X
Feb 25, 2003, 09:22 AM
i too was a Poke-fan at one time. Me and one of my co workers would have battles at work when i worked at wendy's. we'd shut of the drive thru and just battle, lol. Im really not sure how to take the news that the GC is getting a Pokemon game, its a lil to late to bring it out since the new "in" thing is Yu-Gi-Oh

Kemon
Feb 25, 2003, 11:08 AM
i like the games when the card game was came out i made over 500bucks on little kids.i still hav the gold version and play it every once and a while i was meaning twords:P the cartoon.

neko-chan
Feb 25, 2003, 11:10 AM
On 2003-02-25 08:08, Kemon wrote:
i made over 500bucks on little kids

R0x0rs! You are teh man!!!111

Kemon
Feb 25, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-02-25 08:10, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-02-25 08:08, Kemon wrote:
i made over 500bucks on little kids

R0x0rs! You are teh man!!!111

you mean ROxOrs! You are the man!!!!!!!

well duh im the man who els would be >:)

Zero21XX
Feb 25, 2003, 11:55 AM
Games i love them Cartoons ehh soso there not all that bad compared to other cartoons out now

Kupi
Feb 25, 2003, 04:20 PM
I like the games; they just lack a litte bit of strategy if you're stuck playing with the normal CPU people. Even in Pokemon Stadium, they think like rocks. That, and in the main RPG mode, you can beat anything with a single Pokemon if you just stick to that one Pokemon and use the right TMs. For instance, Gold and Silver can be absolutely destroyed if you pick Cyndaquil and use nothing but it. You'll be too high-level to get beaten by your weaknesses, and later on you can teach its highest evolution (can't remember the name... I'm gettin' rusty) Thunder Punch, Earthquake, and... boy, something else that's outside of its element. There's no strategy involved. Against humans, especially those with an all-L100 team, that's different.

The anime is terrible, and especially so because I'm such a fan of the games. Surge's Raichu should never have lost to Ash's Pikachu. Agility my foot; it doesn't work that way. That, and you wind up with a lot of little kids who watch TV seeing the show first and thinking it's the authority on Pokemon. I once had the displeasure of watching a little kid play Pokemon Stadium at the store... Pikachu, his, vs. a Diglett. He did nothing but Thunderbolt. Why? "Thunderbolt always works!" ... harg.

Pokemon's fun. Heck, I've been signed up with a Pokemon MUSH (role-playing) for over two years now. It's how I created one of the characters I used to use in PSO!

LamerPanda
Feb 25, 2003, 07:26 PM
On 2003-02-24 11:12, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
The gameboy game was fun, but I got sick of the anime after team rocket showed up almost every episode :3

I got sick of the anime since Team Rocket lost every episode. ;_; I'd watch up to where they blasted off, and then turn it off.

I still love the Game Boy games. I don't care if people think it's "gay"; I've always played them because I like them, not because of what other people think. Meh.

CeasOne
Feb 25, 2003, 07:30 PM
if the show is on ... and there is nothing else of intrest on tv ill watch it... or if im too lazy to find the remote http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Celes152
Feb 25, 2003, 07:31 PM
CPUs may be pushovers, but real people who've been playing for a couple years rip the game wide open.

Celes152
Feb 25, 2003, 07:32 PM
On 2003-02-25 04:38, Murako wrote:
Man, I was a cheat master at that game! I knew how to dupe items, and how to dupe the Pokemon themselves. I got a duped lvl 100 Mew, lvl 100 Marowak(none legit lol) lvl 100 Pikachu, Lvl 100 Poliwrath, lvl 100 Ninetales, whole bunch lvl 100 pokemons. I unlocked everything in Pokemon Staidum for N64. I even knew how to get to "Car Island". I loved it! I do admit, the show was a disgrace to anime and to Pokemon itself. I cant wait to get Ruby or Sappire and hack them up!

That'll be hard, the protection was heavily increased to protect the old Pokemon(You can't get 182 or so of the olds ones in R&S yet, like Mew was in the olds ones). Try a 40 line code to mod one Pokemon.

MasterJoel
Feb 25, 2003, 11:30 PM
It can seem kinda sad, but I am the world's biggest Pokefan! I have all the current games... I have never cheated on any game but this one, 'cause I wanted all the Pokemon, without trading... I have every single evolved form on the Silver Version, level 100 with the best possible stats and my favorite attacks (shiny too!)... I have over 120 figurines, posters, blankets, stuffed animals, "electric mouse" pad, and a strictly Pokemon video game system that nobody has ever heard of... yeah, I know, I have no life...

As for the anime, the only good movie was the last one that never went to theaters, and the series was only really good in the beginning, when it was still played by UPN... in one episode, Ash was in a forest and met a samurai, then was chased by Beedrill. He ran really fast, screaming "CRAP!!!!"... if only he would do that now... its pretty funny to think that his voice is done by a woman, and the guy who does Brock/Tracy does hundreds of other voices on that show...

Murako
Feb 26, 2003, 12:58 PM
If you have both red and blue, here's a pokemon you missed out on. Make sure both versoisn have all 150 pokemon. Then have red trade blue a dragonair(might be blue trades red, don't remember) and instead of Dragonite, you'll get Yoshi.

MasterJoel
Feb 26, 2003, 01:45 PM
On 2003-02-26 09:58, Murako wrote:
If you have both red and blue, here's a pokemon you missed out on. Make sure both versoisn have all 150 pokemon. Then have red trade blue a dragonair(might be blue trades red, don't remember) and instead of Dragonite, you'll get Yoshi.

yeah, about that... it was a practical joke done by nintendo power for april fools... when it comes to pokemon, i was a good hacker, and i would know anyway... as of yet, there are no secret pokemon, just ones you can't get during normal play...

RavenTW
Feb 26, 2003, 03:28 PM
On 2003-02-25 13:20, Kupi wrote:
in the main RPG mode, you can beat anything with a single Pokemon if you just stick to that one Pokemon and use the right TMs. For instance, Gold and Silver can be absolutely destroyed if you pick Cyndaquil and use nothing but it. You'll be too high-level to get beaten by your weaknesses, and later on you can teach its highest evolution (can't remember the name... I'm gettin' rusty) Thunder Punch, Earthquake, and... boy, something else that's outside of its element.

Yeah, that's how I did it. I got Cyndiquil and only didn't use him when I thought he wasn't powerful enough. After Falkner, I wiped out every gym leader in one play (except for the final one, uh...forgot her name). My Typholsion now has Strength, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, and (don't ask me why I taught him this) Attract. I've been trying to raise a Pupitar into Tyranitar, but he's lev 40+ and still not evolving!

I used that Safari Zone cheat to dupe Master Balls and Rare Candies. That's how I have my level 100 Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Scizor (traded him to Silver), and Mewtwo.

Chronos
Feb 26, 2003, 07:16 PM
The game is kind of fun but gets boring after a while.

Hunter4life
Mar 1, 2003, 11:05 PM
Rating 1-10

Gameboy Games: 9
Really good games that could hold one's attention for hours a day, weeks of a month etc. Really good strategy game.

N64 Games: 6
They are in my opinion just a graphic add on to the gameboy games. im somewhat dissapointed that you couldn't do a story mode in stadium...

Show: 3
Weak. The first few shows were good but as time wore on, the shows became more repetitive and therefore, boring.

Cards: 8
The Cards were really fun in not only trading but playing as well. Spent close to $300 on em. Somewhat disappointed though...

Other: N/A
I only say this because I never got any other pokemon things besides whats listed above.

Reminder: This is my peraonal opinion and i am in no way suggesting one is better tham the other. If i've insulted someone, sorry it wasn't intentional. At this point in my life though, i no longer play or use any pokemon things.

Rotis
Mar 1, 2003, 11:19 PM
Pokemon brings back warm fuzzy feelings.

I used to watch the show pretty much every day, a little over four years ago, when it was on UPN. Looking back on it, I don't really know why... heh, it was cute, I guess. (I still have the diglett episode on tape somewhere! That one was my favorite.)

I played Pokemon Blue--constantly--everywhere. I'm pretty sure I spent more hours playing that damned game than I did on homework that whole year.

When Gold & Silver came out, I sheepishly bought Silver, but I never got into it for some reason.

I had no intentions of picking up Ruby or Sapphire, but now I'm thinking that maybe I will... just for nostalgia... hey, gotta have a new game to test out the GBA SP's battery life, right!?

CajunSamurai
Mar 2, 2003, 12:41 AM
The game: I played through Pokemon Red and loved it. Addictive as hell, great amount of customizibility and strategy, nifty Pokemon designs...
I lost just about all interest shortly after Silver and Gold, and pretty much lost any interest I ever had in the GBA versions, but... oh well.

The anime: Against my heterosexual principals. And if I see one more badly drawn hentai sketch of the hideous characters again, I'm gonna avoid hentai for the rest of my LIFE. ... Maybe.

Kemon
Mar 3, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-03-01 21:41, CajunSamurai wrote:
The game: I played through Pokemon Red and loved it. Addictive as hell, great amount of customizibility and strategy, nifty Pokemon designs...
I lost just about all interest shortly after Silver and Gold, and pretty much lost any interest I ever had in the GBA versions, but... oh well.

The anime: Against my heterosexual principals. And if I see one more badly drawn hentai sketch of the hideous characters again, I'm gonna avoid hentai for the rest of my LIFE. ... Maybe.

hehehehehe hentai ^--)STAY WAY FROM IT!!(--^ hehehehehe Hentai lol

MonkeyFunky
Mar 3, 2003, 02:45 PM
Pokemon's got nothing on my MAGS. my photon blasts will destroy any pokemon who'd try to stand in the way.

R