PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Tower.

Arikado
Nov 14, 2009, 11:21 AM
Anyone else beaten it yet? I did yesterday on Normal, was pretty intense.

... Howcome no one said you couldn't go back in town while climbing it?

Anyways yeah, was pretty hardcore but I managed, now it's time to do quests on Hard! :P

Took me like... 4-6 hours. (On Normal.)

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2009, 11:39 AM
I've tried it a couple times, but never finished it (I kept getting interrupted by phone calls, friends wanting to play Wi-Fi, etc). You said it took 4-6 hours on Normal? I have a couple questions:

What level are you? How long did each room take you, on average (give me a rough estimate)?

Arikado
Nov 14, 2009, 11:47 AM
I've tried it a couple times, but never finished it (I kept getting interrupted by phone calls, friends wanting to play Wi-Fi, etc). You said it took 4-6 hours on Normal? I have a couple questions:

What level are you? How long did each room take you, on average (give me a rough estimate)?Rooms were pretty easy, some of them were harder but not really hard, the challenge is really having the patience to finish the tower.

I started I was like errr... not too sure, lv35+ or something, went in there with maxed items, remember you can't exit so you gotta use your items carefully.

... Man I was pissed like, I was at the 97th floor, stressed like hell, then my friends dragged me, had to put my DS on sleep mode, finished it when I came back though. :P

EDIT: Bro-tip: Use tactics, they help a lot, let's say everyone's HP is low, set the tactics to the "be careful" one or whatever, Sarisa should heal everyone almost full and cast a shifta/deband on top of that, remember to always set it back at "Attack all out!" though. (Or whatever it's called.)

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2009, 11:54 AM
Use tactics, they help a lot, let's say everyone's HP is low, set the tactics to the "be careful" one or whatever, Sarisa should heal everyone almost full and cast a shifta/deband on top of that, remember to always set it back at "Attack all out!" though. (Or whatever it's called.)

Yeah, I know. I almost always have my NPCs on "Safety First!". I'll try using some tactics, but odds are I won't need to (I'm level 53, and can already stomp through Hard mode). Though, I do recall the bosses/"Mother" drones gave me a bit of a tough time, even on Normal.

Polyconsoler
Nov 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I beat the Tower on normal too, and I was just as stressed. I had other things to do, so I had to keep setting my DS on sleep mode. Took a good 6 hours.

On a really exciting note, though, I did about 20 floors of hard mode and found a Rappy Soul! The thing I love about this game is, just when you start to get a little bored, some amazing item drops into your lap to keep the excitement going.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Unless its changed, you can go back to town after fighting the sub boss every ten floors, just use the warp, buy or bank whatever you want, then use the warp to go back. You can't however save and quit at any point as it won't save how far you are in the tower.

Arikado
Nov 14, 2009, 12:53 PM
Unless its changed, you can go back to town after fighting the sub boss every ten floors, just use the warp, buy or bank whatever you want, then use the warp to go back. You can't however save and quit at any point as it won't save how far you are in the tower.Oh wow, wish I knew that earlier, couldn't NPC all my drops, made no sense. :/

Thanks for the tip. :P

EDIT: Hard Mode sure is hard, can barely kill the Dragon @ lv45.

landman
Nov 14, 2009, 01:39 PM
You could also get killed to go back to town :P

Arikado
Nov 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
You could also get killed to go back to town :PWait, you mean you don't have to start all over if you die?

Wish I knew earlier.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 14, 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't find death an issue in the Tower, unless you are really under levelled. The only enemy is the length. :l

PSOfan2000
Nov 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
I found a rappy soul first time through the snow area..hehe I can't wait to use it :D

dogg1000
Nov 14, 2009, 02:57 PM
x.x its 100 floors. Going through this as a techer is a nightmare having to use melee :( And i forgot npc's. <.<

Kamica
Nov 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
Some tips for keeping your sanity:
1. Skip any open rooms
2. Only open up containers from rare enemies or boss floors. Good items CAN drop from containers, but occur so rarely that its not even worth it.

Ceresa
Nov 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
Because spending half a second opening a container that spawns between you and the next room and looking for a red box is time consuming?

Kamica
Nov 14, 2009, 03:42 PM
It adds up over time. Besides, on Super Hard there are so many junk rares that an entire container can be nothing but red boxes. That means you need to check EVERY red box to see if its 7 stars or not. That does take up some time.

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, I've been doing the Tower for a couple hours now. Floor-wise, I think I'm somewhere in the 50's.

Some tips for keeping your sanity:
1. Skip any open rooms

I've been doing this recently. It helps a lot.

2. Only open up containers from rare enemies or boss floors. Good items CAN drop from containers, but occur so rarely that its not even worth it.

I open all the chests. I've found a few red weapons from just regular ol' enemies (not the one I want, however :-x).

dogg1000
Nov 14, 2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks for tips finally finished it after 7 hours x.x

Randomness
Nov 14, 2009, 10:51 PM
I aborted after the first batch of rooms earlier today. I never noticed some rooms weren't locked...

blackjet
Nov 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
I just finished, it took me around 8 hours, but the first 2 were 3:30-5:30 in the morning (hadn't slept yet) so I was more than a little tired and going VERY slow.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the whole reason I MADE this post, I never noticed unlocked doors. Actually, I think I saw one but right after thought I was wrong about that. How many are actually unlocked?

Benzu
Nov 14, 2009, 11:59 PM
This thing is a breeze. It's just all about your sanity. Although, what I do find very bogus about the tower gamewise is that the only enemies that are difficult are either Dark or Machine. I'm sure the programmers could have evened the playing field for just this level... Although I'm all right with insta-killing toads and bunnies. :)

But seriously guys... what's at the end???

Lunar_Furor
Nov 15, 2009, 01:09 AM
At the end there is a thing... for sure... I haven't even got the tower yet :'( I work too much...

landman
Nov 15, 2009, 02:28 AM
For me it was worth only for the outside views ^^ shame it's a DS and graphics can't do better...

Hunter-Vix
Nov 15, 2009, 02:37 AM
Just finished it, took about 5 hours. Reward for me was 20 monogrinders and 4,000 meseta.

My item pack was also expanded to 65.

Galeohn
Nov 15, 2009, 03:38 AM
no you can leave every 10 floors, there is a teleporter behind the chest

_Vyser_
Nov 15, 2009, 03:56 AM
Whenever I did a Tower run, I had daggers with heat element and the Reverse Kill PA (the one where you throw both your daggers). If I remember correctly, it covers most of the room, and can lead to some pretty fast kills. The heat element is to cut off as much time as possible, especially on the Mothers (burn damage owns them).

While skipping rooms/boxes may be good if you want to finish it as fast as possible, or just doing Mother runs, you'll potentially loose out on rare mags and other Tower-exclusive goodies. I wish luck to those that want to hunt for Radam's heart/soul -_-;

Magitek_X
Nov 15, 2009, 08:52 AM
I have a question. What level is the recommended one for trying to tackle the Tower?

landman
Nov 15, 2009, 09:07 AM
If you don't have any hurry, go any level you want, you will finish it with 20 levels more xD

dogg1000
Nov 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
Is radam soul a hard drop? x.x

Clunker
Nov 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
And for dumb ol' Clunker here...

When does Eternal Tower first show up as a Quest option?

I'm assuming it is after one beats all the 'Normal' storyline missions?
(And then beating 'Normal' E-T gains one access to Hard Mode?)

Keokilol
Nov 15, 2009, 12:43 PM
Im excited. Was 36ish when i started clearing the hard tower. Taking a break at floor 21 but I found a bunch of rares and the Femini Soul! Time to go lvl my Force ^-^

Benzu
Nov 15, 2009, 02:11 PM
Just beat it. Phew, that was nerve wrecking. I was kinda dissapointed with the final boss. The Blade Mother was harder. Now time to go online!

SC
Nov 15, 2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, I have a few querie's, and I can answer a few questions.

1) The radam soul is a 'Super'/'Very' Hard Drop from Varient Enemies. Rare mobs to the general peeps. Not a Hard mode drop (mores the pity)

2) The Hard mode Tower is accessable after you hit level 30. Its the Super/Very Hard mode that opens up after ALL hard mode side quests are complete. So people that struggle at lvl45+ with the dragon, I feel your pain. I suck at him, beat it once! IF you think thats hard, try Mr Squiddy! You wont survive his spin attack.

3)I'm bypassing Normal mode, I need High level stuff. I'm lvl47, and I'm using Cronos Sythe. Does anyone know where I can get Trigrinders, so I have some decent attack strength? Or what would you suggest to use with a HUmar?

4)With the Mother Shot/Mother Blade sub-bosses, what the likelyhood of DECENT drops from them? Decent, as in worth while and useful?

Apart from that, I got to floor 33 on Hard mode. And got my backside handed to me by the two Tank like enemies. Reminds me of Baranz/Garanz from PSO. Just as annoying, as you pop into a room, and poof, two rockets in your face...... Grrrr. I will get there!

At least I can stock up every ten floors!!!!

Arikado
Nov 15, 2009, 05:34 PM
2) The Hard mode Tower is accessable after you hit level 30. Its the Super/Very Hard mode that opens up after ALL hard mode side quests are complete. So people that struggle at lvl45+ with the dragon, I feel your pain. I suck at him, beat it once! IF you think thats hard, try Mr Squiddy! You wont survive his spin attack.Just grind until level 55 or something, makes everything smoother.

I'm almost done with all the quests on Hard, can't wait to start the Tower~

MatSaysRAWR
Nov 15, 2009, 06:02 PM
Just beat Normal Tower today.

What a rush! I started it at level 30 and ended up at 42, so puts me at a good start for those Hard Quests. :-D Not to mention all the Mats and Rares I picked up on the way.

But, man... quite a dedication of time to finish it for an easy final fight. xD Boss barely even attacked, just teleported over the whole room. Blade Mother was a lot tougher, Heaven's Mother was just a nuisance to fight on my HUcast.

kirtblue
Nov 15, 2009, 10:09 PM
And for dumb ol' Clunker here...

When does Eternal Tower first show up as a Quest option?

I'm assuming it is after one beats all the 'Normal' storyline missions?
(And then beating 'Normal' E-T gains one access to Hard Mode?)

you are correct beat the story and you can give it a go though you dont even have to do all the missions just the ones marked as main then it shows up

Madogu
Nov 15, 2009, 11:58 PM
While skipping rooms/boxes may be good if you want to finish it as fast as possible, or just doing Mother runs, you'll potentially loose out on rare mags and other Tower-exclusive goodies. I wish luck to those that want to hunt for Radam's heart/soul -_-;

Just finished my normal tower run. I was also testing a hypothesis on "open rooms" and what drops in them. For the first 33 floors, every open room I cleared yielded only miseta without fail. However on the 4th room of the 34 floor, I cleared an open room and not only did it prove my theory wrong, it did so with a POS 2-star armor that I wouldn't even feed to my mag.

Long story short, if you want to make sure you're not missing anything, follow Vyser's advice and clear every room.

steirina
Nov 16, 2009, 06:07 AM
I'm considering doing a normal Tower run [I just finished the storyline today], but I'm curious about one thing. How do you know you've reached a tenth floor interval? I'm around level 35 so I'm not worried about my character surviving the normal monsters [I really hate killing the bunnies; they're adorable]; I'm worried about my sanity.

Gemel
Nov 16, 2009, 06:22 AM
Well you fight a mini boss on every tenth floor and if you touch the map on the bottom screen you can see what floor you're on.

SC
Nov 16, 2009, 06:34 AM
Half way through my Hard Tower run. Lvl 53. My thoughts...... OH MY DEAR GOD!

Its tough. Most of the mobs now go down with a few hits. The only ones that can put me down, with ease, are the black dark type mobs, and the Baranz/Garanz-esque type ones. WHICH REALLY ANNOY ME! *Enters room and gets two missiles to the face* DAMMIT! :P

I shall keep everyone posted how my run goes (so far I lave had to leave my DSi on overnight, plugged into the mains, doesn't like sleep mode.....)

steirina
Nov 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
.. Oh. Mini-bosses every ten floors. I think I'll tag the Eternal Tower for when I don't have class.

zetagear
Nov 16, 2009, 08:12 AM
Starting Eternal Tower now... OMG... CTS... NOOO!!!! *dies*

Madogu
Nov 16, 2009, 10:53 AM
Its tough. Most of the mobs now go down with a few hits. The only ones that can put me down, with ease, are the black dark type mobs, and the Baranz/Garanz-esque type ones. WHICH REALLY ANNOY ME! *Enters room and gets two missiles to the face* DAMMIT! :PBest thing for that is to run toward the missiles and right before you get hit, roll underneith. With any luck, your "team mates' behind you will soak them. If not, they'll circle around and hit you in the back.

Once you're right on one, beat the grease out of it. The other one will probably lauch a missile before you kill it, but only one as at least one of the AI should be covering it.

That's all I got. Me personally, I just hate the "Surf-bots". I just can't get a good bead on them long enough to land any decent damage...

UserName
Nov 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
Best thing for that is to run toward the missiles and right before you get hit, roll underneith. With any luck, your "team mates' behind you will soak them. If not, they'll circle around and hit you in the back.

Once you're right on one, beat the grease out of it. The other one will probably lauch a missile before you kill it, but only one as at least one of the AI should be covering it.

That's all I got. Me personally, I just hate the "Surf-bots". I just can't get a good bead on them long enough to land any decent damage...

There has to be an easy way to dodge those things. On free play i unselect that level because 1 hit pretty much kills me. I remember playing online and 2 of them where in the back. as soon as they spawned they both shot a missile and killed me i only got like 3 steps in. As soon as those bombs where gone they shot two more. Pretty much they killed the whole party quickly. Then everyone just quit.

The surf guys and the bats are the biggest plain for me (HUcast). At least the bats sit long enough to at least get a hit or two the surf guys you have to pin against a wall to kill them.

SC
Nov 16, 2009, 12:14 PM
Phew. Just beat my Hard mode Eternal Tower run. Heaven's Mother, I love it. Good mix of Force, Shot and Blade! And the amount of rare's it gave me, Wowie!!! Got the Fenrir Dagger set, amongst others! Final lvl 60.

So I have multiplayer now on Very hard mode. Just have the rest of my hard mode missions left to do, and then its off to the Very hard Eternal Tower run, and possibly the Radam Soul drop.

YAY ME!

pixelstar
Nov 16, 2009, 12:54 PM
Congrats to everyone who made it through the tower!

I started a normal run two days ago and I keep having to put my DS on sleep mode because playing something this long for that many hours straight is just impossible D: Maybe if I was doing it with people, but alone... I think I was underleveled at first though. Then again, I'm also getting distracted by other things.

At least the drops and stuff are useful for multiple mag raising. Seriously, it's long '__'

Edit:
Is it 100 floors? Yay I'm almost done then ;__;

Arikado
Nov 16, 2009, 01:15 PM
HELL YES I JUST BEATED THE TOWER ON HARD!

http://i38.tinypic.com/33vnodk.png

Seriously, the room before the last Mother was harder than Mother. :P