PDA

View Full Version : Mag and Material Setups

mMarikom
Nov 14, 2009, 10:15 PM
I was never good in math, and when I played PSO, a lot of people helped me with mag and material setups for my characters to get the most effectiveness out of them. From what I've read, its hard to reach capped stats in this game due to a level cap and mag level cap of 100 and a material cap of 100 (80 for newmans and casts). This makes things a little harder so...could someone help me out? I'll mention the characters I'm trying to build and hopefully someone could help me do the math to get what I want out of the characters:

HUcast:
Straight tank. ATP, HP, and ATA high as possible (in that order of priority). Preferably with Midgul PB for S/D/J/Z

RAmarl:
ATP, ATA, MST, and EVD as high as possible (in that order of priority).

FOnewearl (the hardest one by far >_<):
MST, ATP, EVD, and ATA as high as possible (in that priority). As strange as this may sound to some, I plan on creating an old style melee force capable of using ATP based weapons on Super Hard, reliving PSO days...

I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Please and thanks!

Arikado
Nov 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
Well if you want Power it's not complicated, 100 Power Mag, 100 Power Materials.

... If you see that's too much when you reach higher levels you can always reset.

mMarikom
Nov 15, 2009, 05:27 PM
Meh...I have bad experience resetting, plus that's a lot of effort put into a character only to have them reset...

Amherst_Wind
Nov 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
Reset Material, a new Material that resets your usage to 0. :D

mMarikom
Nov 15, 2009, 06:03 PM
Yay!!! I still have no idea about the first too but as far as the FOnewearl I suppose I could just build pure ATP and MST mags...but is it possible to completely max stats on any character in this game?

Amherst_Wind
Nov 15, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no stat cap, so a HUcast with a 100 Power Mag and 80 Power Materials would still benefit from it, so no wasted points like in PSO if you used too many Materials for certain stats you would hit the stat cap before you hit Lv200.

mMarikom
Nov 15, 2009, 06:13 PM
Okay...last question. How do mats and mag stats translate into a characters stats? For example, in PSO 1 point of DEX on the mag would result in a 1/2 point of ATA on the character. If it's 1=1 for everything, then I could just distribute mats into certain stats and then make pure mind/atk mags for the FOney, pure atk/ata mag for the HUcast, and pure atk mag for the RAmarl (since i doubt she needs MST or ATA)

Amherst_Wind
Nov 15, 2009, 06:24 PM
1 for 1 on all Mag stats, 1 for 1 for all Materials except HP and PP which are 1 for 2.

mMarikom
Nov 15, 2009, 06:52 PM
ok i lied one more question. Actually 4:

1) Are there separate HP, PP, and other stats Mat limits like in PSO?
2) How much ATK and MST translate into points of damage, and how much DEF translates into points reduced.
3) Is there a base and max stat chart for those classes to help me as well?
4) Can someone who's played up to super hard with those classes give me an idea of what stats I need to do decently in ATK, MST, ATA, and DEF for all 3 (yes, even ATK for FOney, I'm trying an old school melee FOrce that can cast as well).

Really, thanks for everything so far though!

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 06:58 PM
1) No
3)http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25A5%25B9%25A5%25C6%25A1%25BC%25A5%25BF%25A5%2 5B9&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhmjU_PrkW8DvmcBTa79v-7yRYP-w#cc880e89 Those are the base stats. There are no max stats.

mMarikom
Nov 15, 2009, 09:37 PM
So there are only 100 mats to spread between HP, PP, ATK, MST, DEF, ATA, and EVD? wow...that makes things slightly more...difficult

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
Well I actually feel this is a rather more complex game that it seems on first hand. There's lots of strategy involved and they seem to have simplified a lot of things. I don't want to get off-topic, so I'll just leave it there =).

rgrds

mMarikom
Nov 16, 2009, 09:46 PM
For now here's what I'm thinking, could someone with a little more experience give me an idea of how these will work out:

HUcast
50 ATA mats, 25 HP Mats, 25 PP Mats
Pure ATK mag

RAmarl
50 ATK mats, 25 HP Mats, 25 PP Mats
Mag with 75 ATK and 25 DEF

FOnewearl...I really can't think of how to divide between ATK and MST

Phoenix_Black
Nov 16, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm going to make a Glass cannon RAmar. How well does Zalure work in tandum with Rifles? I'm also wondering if I could get away with a pure Power mag and half and half Eva and Power mats so I can play around with Gun Blades.