PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Class, Aesthetically?

SebZero
Nov 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
So which characters do you think look silly or lame?

I really don't like the new HUmars. Those lame shorts T_T

I also think RAcasts ended up with really bad "Head" options (Antenna head comes to mind).

Sinue_v2
Nov 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
The RAcast has at least one fairly decent looking head. Least favorite, probably the RAmar. Space Cowboys (Spike notwithstanding) have always looked incredibly stupid to me, and the in-game model doesn't help. Looks like his face was drawn on an under-inflated balloon, then expanded. Cowboy hat is out, Civil War hat is.. ugh.., and the third hairstyle looks like a reject from one of the female models. No thanks.

HUnewmns seem to have the best look so far in artwork, FOmarl in game.

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
I'm going to have to say the HUmar, FOmar, and FOnewm. For some reason, I just hate how those three look.

On a side note, I think all four CAST classes look very well-done, though I think more head options would have been nice.

Polyconsoler
Nov 14, 2009, 11:50 PM
FOnewm is hard to look at :S All of his clothing so so BULKY, especially compared to the other newmans. I know a lot of people complained about his appearance in PSO, but frankly I kind of prefer his old look.

Sad thing is, FOnewm would probably be my force character if I wasn't so disappointed with the way he looks. Probably going with FOnewearl instead (without that crazy-big hat of hers, of course).

HUmar is probably up there as well. It's not that he looks BAD, it's just that he feels so... basic. He has less character than all of the other choices, I think.

SebZero
Nov 14, 2009, 11:54 PM
Whoops, RAmars totally slipped my mind. That cowboy look sure is stupid, but the 10-gallon hat is sadly the better choice compared to the other horrid options.

blackjet
FOnewm is hard to look at :S All of his clothing so so BULKY, especially compared to the other newmans. I know a lot of people complained about his appearance in PSO, but frankly I kind of prefer his old look.

Sad thing is, FOnewm would probably be my force character if I wasn't so disappointed with the way he looks. Probably going with FOnewearl instead (without that crazy-big hat of hers, of course).

HUmar is probably up there as well. It's not that he looks BAD, it's just that he feels so... basic. He has less character than all of the other choices, I think.

HUmar is totally Ed from FMA.

Evicous
HUmar is a little too... unique. His model looks like it should be a story character or something, and when two stand next to each other they look exactly the same.

SirTopps
Nov 14, 2009, 11:55 PM
humar looks like a girl. and aint nothing wrong with my darling FOs

SebZero
Nov 14, 2009, 11:57 PM

Ed and Naruto's evil offspring... WITH SHORTS!!

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 12:02 AM

Hey, who was that big metal guy from FMA? You could ALMOST make FMA themed team with a HUmar and a RAcast, no? Okay, maybe that's a stretch :S

Also, after taking a real good look at RAmars... they are on my list as well. I thought they were spiffy at first, but it was mostly because I hadn't taken the time to look them over :S RAmarl pulls it off MUCH better :P

You know what? I'm not a big fan of RAcasts either. But that goes way back to PSO for me (ohhh, those horrible footfall noises :S )

Benzu
Nov 15, 2009, 12:05 AM
I don't know why they screwed Humans up. I was a little surprised about the "western" look announced so long ago, but c'mon. The little squirt Hunter looks the same no matter how you customize him, like an anime reject character. The Force was all right. But the Ranger was downright depressing, I liked the bulbous apparatus around the Rangers' neck, a little, now that option isn't even availible. All the hat options suck, you can't even choose blank hair and look like Kai or something. :(

Allison_W
Nov 15, 2009, 01:45 AM
Maybe I'm alone in this but I ain't diggin' the FOmarl's nun look. Or the goofy things on the HUnewe's head (well, the HUnewm's too, for that matter). Also not a big fan of the female CAST looks in this game, but I'm one of those perpetually malcontented types where aesthetics are concerned.

Nidramag
Nov 15, 2009, 01:49 AM
I'm just going to say a few words about FOnewms (I am one)
No-
a) High Heels
b) Puffy outfits
c) sticking their legs out to cast techs.

Least favorite? Those creepy maid Nuns.

Google
Nov 15, 2009, 01:59 AM
RAmar looks the worst to me. I don't like the cowboy hat.

Kishiin
Nov 15, 2009, 04:20 AM
I could deal with the cowboy hats RAmars had going on, but It's safe to say that I have not liked, and will continue to believe that HUmars are despicable gremlins with short pants whose character models SHOULD have been used as some annoying npc that gives a crappy quest, or something. ( I assume the little boy and the girl in Dairon City already took that job.. Im not far enough yet :P )

Casts in this game are atrocious (Ive saved that word all my life for Casts, go figure). I sat in character creation trying to mold a passable RAcast, and the best I came up with was a ghetto version of Brigandier from Xenogears. HUcast/caseal? no. just no.

_Vyser_
Nov 15, 2009, 04:28 AM
At first I hated the look of FOnewm, but got used to the look once I realized how nice it is to have natural PP regen + unit PP regen. I just wish the hair and clothes (especially the hair) color options were a bit better. :/

Gunslinger-08
Nov 15, 2009, 06:52 AM
The RAmar cowboy hat does look pretty bad. However, the 3rd option doesn't look too bad, and it seems to come with the least amount of hair, so it's what I chose.

My least favorite would probably have to be the FOnewearl. I just don't like ridiculous hats, and the one hat-less option doesn't look good.

darkante
Nov 15, 2009, 06:53 AM
Definitively Humar´s. Hard to take a guy like him serious.
Might as well make a little baby walk around with guns and...hey, that baby would totally rock.

So Everyone else> Duke Nukeem Baby>>>>Kid.

Arikado
Nov 15, 2009, 07:49 AM
HUnewm.

Seriously.

Kenbog
Nov 15, 2009, 07:58 AM
Humars definitively, why did they make a little kid out of him?
Come on,....I used to like Human fighters in other phantasy stars
how could this http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6729/firefox2009111513462115.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/firefox2009111513462115.jpg/) be the same class as this http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1572/265sg.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/265sg.jpg/)?
It should be a power-housed class...

Pietepiet
Nov 15, 2009, 08:37 AM
Am I the only person who really likes RAmar and HUmar? :(

Worst is probably FOmarl. She creeps me out.

Seasqwaa
Nov 15, 2009, 09:34 AM
Just adding in, we all know that the great blank wiped the earth for them to start over, am I right? SO this is probably why the character designs have more of an early look to them.
They can't make mechanical arms anymore, can they? I think not.
Newmans still have their "futuristic" clothing because they retained most of their technology... kind of.
I may be completely wrong on this though. lol. As I write I start to see all the wrong in this theory.

To stay on topic, I vote HUmar. In fact, the only human class I like is force. the other ones just hurt my eyes.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 15, 2009, 12:12 PM
HuNewm ... He looks way too much like a she! Sure the Humar sucks but meh I wasn't too keen on him to begin with.