PDA

View Full Version : Best Ranger Weapon & Power Mat limit?

Shinjiaru
Nov 14, 2009, 11:29 PM
What is the best weapon type for rangers? Any recommended arts or elements? Also I see that the mat count goes up to 80, does that mean I could have 80 power mats or is there a lower cap for each stat?

SebZero
Nov 14, 2009, 11:39 PM
Don't know about the weapon, but no, there is no Mat limit for each stat. You could put all 80 in Power or whatever.

Polyconsoler
Nov 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
You can have a total of 80 mats in any combination, so you could have all 80 in Power if you want.

I personally think Mech Guns are the bees knees :P You attack twice with every shot. I haven't had TOO much experience with the larger guns (cannons and such) though.

You're a cast, right? Since it sounds like you're putting all your mats in power, and I imagine your mag might be mostly power, you'll be doing pretty good damage. You could use your element to focus on survivability, maybe? The Draw element, at lvl. 5, adds 25% of the damage you do to your HP. That can cut down a lot on your Mate usage.

Randomness
Nov 14, 2009, 11:47 PM
You can have a total of 80 mats in any combination, so you could have all 80 in Power if you want.

I personally think Mech Guns are the bees knees :P You attack twice with every shot. I haven't had TOO much experience with the larger guns (cannons and such) though.

You're a cast, right? Since it sounds like you're putting all your mats in power, and I imagine your mag might be mostly power, you'll be doing pretty good damage. You could use your element to focus on survivability, maybe? The Draw element, at lvl. 5, adds 25% of the damage you do to your HP. That can cut down a lot on your Mate usage.

Hence every HUcast in PSO running around with Sawd.

Though the draw effects are even better in Zero, because they occur on normal attacks. (Not sure if its all of them, though)

So, do HP/PP mats count as part of the regular total then?

Polyconsoler
Nov 14, 2009, 11:54 PM
That is one thing I am VERY happy to see in this game: Element effects occur on ANY attack.

And yes, HP and PP count towards your total. I was a little disappointed to see this had changed from PSO, but I'm sure the game is balanced to account for this, anyway.

SebZero
Nov 14, 2009, 11:56 PM
Speaking of Elements, I have a question.

When you fuse them onto a weapon, is the level random?

Randomness
Nov 14, 2009, 11:58 PM
That is one thing I am VERY happy to see in this game: Element effects occur on ANY attack.

And yes, HP and PP count towards your total. I was a little disappointed to see this had changed from PSO, but I'm sure the game is balanced to account for this, anyway.

Yeah, I'll just crank evade and laugh behind my shield. Seriously, Hunewearl evasion, plus evade units and a shield is bonkers. Boss strategy: Block while charing PA, release into opening in boss pattern, repeat. Shifta and Resta as necessary. (I'm level 41, and I haven't even SEEN a deband disc at all :disapprove:)

Randomness
Nov 14, 2009, 11:59 PM
Speaking of Elements, I have a question.

When you fuse them onto a weapon, is the level random?

Not sure. I recall from browsing through around JP release that its level 1 if the weapon has no element, and otherwise you keep level, but change effect. (The latter part I have tried... right before reloading my save to recover the element)

SebZero
Nov 15, 2009, 12:01 AM
Not sure. I recall from browsing through around JP release that its level 1 if the weapon has no element, and otherwise you keep level, but change effect. (The latter part I have tried... right before reloading my save to recover the element)

Aha, thank you.
I'm reluctant to waste any Elements unless they're gonna be at lvl. 5.

Shinjiaru
Nov 15, 2009, 12:05 AM
Wow thanks for the quick responses. Ya I'm RAcast. I made a 50/50 ATP/ATA(doh) mag but working on power mag now. Wish I had known I could use 80 power mats before I added those 2 hit (doh). Oh well could be worst, could be at 40+ power mats in instead of 32! I'm currently use mech guns with draw. Was just curious because all the other RAs I see are using Cannons. I personally like the mech guns myself, more chance for crit hits too.

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 12:08 AM
Wait, can you keep adding element levels? Say you had a Draw lvl. 1, could you add another Draw element and bring it up to lvl. 2?

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you change elements it reverts to level 1. (I haven't tried it either but...)

Benzu
Mech Gun... were my favorite weapon in PSO. Now they're screwed up with one less attack per attack. As far as weapon recommendation, why not just a rifle? It's all around good. Personally my ranged weapon is the Slicer (dude, those are SO awesome now) ! But then again, the slicer only really works for Forces or guys with high attack power. But as far as your upgrades go, if you're focused on power and accuracy, mechgun's your best bet.

SebZero
If you really despise those two Hit Mats and haven't invested in any Power Mats yet, you can use a Reset Mat to erase any Mats you've used on your character, giving you a clean slate.

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 12:14 AM
Now they're screwed up with one less attack per attack.
I love how you complain about the lack of 3 extra hits but you don't complain about the lack of /Battle units.

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 12:20 AM
Mech Gun... were my favorite weapon in PSO. Now they're screwed up with one less attack per attack. As far as weapon recommendation, why not just a rifle? It's all around good. Personally my ranged weapon is the Slicer (dude, those are SO awesome now) ! But then again, the slicer only really works for Forces or guys with high attack power. But as far as your upgrades go, if you're focused on power and accuracy, mechgun's your best bet.

I could be mistaken, but isn't the attack power on Mech Guns higher than it was in PSO? Doesn't that make up for the lack of a third hit?

SebZero
Nov 15, 2009, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you change elements it reverts to level 1. (I haven't tried it either but...)

The Element takes the level of the Element it replaced (just tested this).

Wait, can you keep adding element levels? Say you had a Draw lvl. 1, could you add another Draw element and bring it up to lvl. 2?

No, it won't let you synthesize the same Element onto the weapon (tested).

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 12:35 AM
Well that would solve the problem of getting a Level 5 Heaven element.

Shinjiaru
Nov 15, 2009, 12:40 AM
I did about 50 attempts with 3 weapons and not saving, all I got was level 1 element over and over. Working on the photon now, so far highest I got was 15% and lot of 10s.

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 01:01 AM
So how exactly do you go about getting a level 5 element in something?

SebZero
Nov 15, 2009, 01:18 AM
So how exactly do you go about getting a level 5 element in something?

Start off with a weapon that already has a lvl 5 Element?

And what does Heaven do?

Evicous
Nov 15, 2009, 01:20 AM
Start off with a weapon that already has a lvl 5 Element?

And what does Heaven do?
Seriously? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Automatic kill. Doesn't work on bosses, but still.

SebZero
Nov 15, 2009, 01:22 AM
Seriously? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Automatic kill. Doesn't work on bosses, but still.

Yup, seems like an evil system.

"Oooh, sweet, that uber-rare drop from the tower... Lvl 1 Fire and no PA..... *DS meets wall*"