PDA

View Full Version : Guide A Speculative Mag Nature Guide (Read and help!)

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 03:17 PM
Okay, upon doing a bit of experimentation, I have come up with a hypothesis as to how mag natures work. If other people could help me test this out so I'm not spending all day trying out mag natures and whatnot, I would appreciate it.

Refer to this (http://psupedia.info/PS0:Raw_data#Personalities) table to see what I mean. Hopefully we can get our own guide with the exact NA Translations on here. When natures are listed in this threat, the NA name will be listed first, followed by this guide's translation in parentheses.

Natures are sorted into four categories: Offensive, Defensive, Restorative, and Miscellaneous. Mags acquire a nature at level 10. Their nature will be the lowest of these 4 categories upon reaching level 10. They are Playful(Naughty), Timid(Shy), Healing(Soothing), and Hungry(Gluttonous). (Thanks to Phoenix_Black for this info). If you know what nature you want for your mag, this is the most important information you need to know. From what I can gather, the category never changes. So, if you want an Offensive type mag, it needs to be Playful(Naughty) when it reaches level 10. I am still unsure as to how this is determined. It may be random.

Mags will retain this lowest form until their 4th evolution. Upon evolving, the mag will obtain one of the other 2 natures in your category. So, in the Offensive category, Playful(Naughty) Mags will either become Ruffian(Rough), or Cautious(Discrete).

Now, once they have obtained one of these two natures, you can swap between either one. This is what the "to change personality
consecutively feed 5" in the above link means. It means to change TO that nature, you need to feed it 5 of the item. So, in our recurring example, if you have a Playful(Naughty) mag, and it became Cautious(Discrete), you can make it a Ruffian(Rough) mag by feeding it 5 Hunter or 5 Ranger weapons in a row. You can swap back and forth any time by feeding it the appropriate item 5 times in a row.

So, based on this experimentation, I'm going to start a list of what I think are the NA translation natures. This only hold if my speculations are correct.

Offensive Mag Type:
First nature: Playful(Naughty)
Second natures: Ruffian(Rough), and Cautious(Discrete)

Defensive Mag Type:
First nature: Timid(Shy)
Second natures: Obstinate(Obstinate), and Anxious(Worried)

Restorative Mag Type:
First nature: Healing(Soothing)
Second natures: Breezy(Relaxed), and Melancholy(Lonely)

Miscellaneous Mag Type:
First nature: Hungry(Gluttonous)
Second natures: Eccentric(Eccentric), and Fickle(Moody)

Thanks to Phoenix_Black, zetagear, Tempo and slimer1231 for the help.
There you have it. If I think of anything else I'll let you guys know. Also, if you have anything to contribute, PM me or post here.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
Good stuff, I'm going to raise an Offensive mag... No more searching for a Ruffian!

pso_crash
Nov 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
thanks for posting this. I glad I haven't started raising a serous mag yet.

Tempo
Nov 15, 2009, 05:58 PM
My level 100 pure mind, Rappy mag has a personality of Breezy.
I mostly fed it tech weapons.

Ryna
Nov 15, 2009, 06:00 PM
My level 100 pure mind, Rappy mag has a personality of Breezy.
I mostly fed it tech weapons.

Do you remember what its initial Nature was?

Tempo
Nov 15, 2009, 06:29 PM
Do you remember what its initial Nature was?

I was trying to recall that...I can see about starting another
one to see if I get the same result (and keep track of the
natures).

omgitsthepope
Nov 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
My mag was hungry in the low lvls but now it's nature is fickle at lvl 100 (i raised it pure ATP). What exactly do the natures determine? Or is it kind of unknown?

Ryna
Nov 15, 2009, 07:39 PM
My mag was hungry in the low lvls but now it's nature is fickle at lvl 100 (i raised it pure ATP). What exactly do the natures determine? Or is it kind of unknown?

A Mag's nature determines what it will do under certain circumstances (low HP, boss fight, full PB Bar, player death).

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
Fickle, eh? That seems to associate with moody...I'm about to have a mag up there, so I will play with it and determine which is which in a little bit.

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 07:46 PM
Tempo...can you do me a favor? Can you save your game, and then purchase/feed your mag 5 Force or 5 Hunter weapons, and tell me what nature it becomes? You can then quit game without saving.

If you could, it would be greatly appreciated!

zetagear
Nov 15, 2009, 08:41 PM
the relaxed mag should be the one called breezy... my healing natured mag became breezy on its 4th evo XD

my mag started off with healing nature kept feeding it with melee weapons until 100.

Tempo
Nov 15, 2009, 08:44 PM
Tempo...can you do me a favor? Can you save your game, and then purchase/feed your mag 5 Force or 5 Hunter weapons, and tell me what nature it becomes? You can then quit game without saving.

If you could, it would be greatly appreciated!

Feeding my mag hunter or force weapons did not change it's nature.
However, feeding my mag five ranger weapons changed the nature
from breezy to melancholy. Also feeding my mag five pieces of armor
changed it's nature from breezy to melancholy.

I hope that helps. :)

I started a new mind mag, I'll keep track of the results or the nature.

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 11:46 PM
Tempo, thanks! That covers the Restorative mag natures. We are just short the miscellaneous ones. It looks like one of them is fickle...If someone with a fickle mag could feed their mag 5 Ranger weapons or pieces of armor, and tel me if it changes and what it changes to, I would appreciate it.

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 12:32 AM
Alright, all the natures are revealed and known! Thanks guys.

slimer1231
Nov 16, 2009, 02:06 AM
Glad I could help some!

Phoenix_Black
Nov 16, 2009, 02:14 AM
Yep, got a Wyn with a Ruffian nature. Gonna make a red one for my RAmar. Wyn is my absolute favorite mag.

steirina
Nov 16, 2009, 02:50 AM
I'd like to clarify something. The very first fully-evolved Mag I had was a mixed Power-Guard Urado with a Ruffian nature. The only things I ever feed it are Mates and armor [armor was in the later levels, when I started getting tons of them in drops].

Then after it leveled up a few times, its nature changed to Cautious [I suppose I fed it five pieces of FO armor somewhere along the line]. I'd like to change it back to Ruffian, so does that mean I should consecutively feed it five HU/RA weapons?

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 03:12 AM
steirina, yes. It needs to be 5 Hunter or 5 ranger. One or the other. Don't mix and match, iirc. Needs to be consecutive.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 16, 2009, 03:13 AM
Yep, that's how it works.

steirina
Nov 16, 2009, 05:48 AM
AVHero and Phoenix_Black: Thanks; his nature is back to Ruffian now. I love these little things; they're adorable. <3

Ryna
Nov 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
I just wanted to add that PSO-World now has a Mag Nature guide here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

I'd like to thank everyone in this topic that helped with contributing names.

slimer1231
Nov 16, 2009, 08:59 AM
I just wanted to add that PSO-World now has a Mag Nature guide here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

I'd like to thank everyone in this topic that helped with contributing names.

=(
No credit for me, even though I found out the miscellaneous type's final 2 names.

Ryna
Nov 16, 2009, 09:14 AM
=(
No credit for me, even though I found out the miscellaneous type's final 2 names.

Sorry about that. The guide has been updated to include you in the Credits section.

slimer1231
Nov 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry about that. The guide has been updated to include you in the Credits section.

Thanks! =D

twiztidsinz
Nov 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'm about 99.9% sure that a Mag's personality is determined at the time it is created (i.e. when your character is made or it shows in the shop), but is just listed as ??? until it's first evolution (Lv10).

While trying to get a Playful Mag, I made a new character and continually fed it items til it was Lv10 and it appeared as Healing, I reset the game and started over using the same character. The next 3 times in a row it was also Healing.

I say I'm 99.9% sure of this because while it's highly unlikely that I would randomly get Healing 4 times in a row, although it could possibly happen.

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
Very cool Ryna. Thanks.

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 02:06 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'm about 99.9% sure that a Mag's personality is determined at the time it is created (i.e. when your character is made or it shows in the shop), but is just listed as ??? until it's first evolution (Lv10).

While trying to get a Playful Mag, I made a new character and continually fed it items til it was Lv10 and it appeared as Healing, I reset the game and started over using the same character. The next 3 times in a row it was also Healing.

I say I'm 99.9% sure of this because while it's highly unlikely that I would randomly get Healing 4 times in a row, although it could possibly happen.
Thanks. I'll have to do some more research on this. My first 4 mags were all Hungry, and those were different mags, so although it may be unlikely it is possible. I'll buy a few mags and pump them up, reset, and try again.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 16, 2009, 02:08 PM
I'm pretty sure we knew this from the beginning, actually. Good idea to try and test out stuff, too. The more we attempt to find more info, the better off we are.

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Not only does this appear to be true, but additionally, if you purchase mags from the sewer in one trip, they all have the same nature. I purchased 3 mags and saved, and fed them up to 10 3 times. They all turned out healing, every time. I took this as proof of the mag nature is innate from creation. I then reset my game, and in addition to those 3 mags, I purchased 5 more, and fed them all to 10. The first three were healing still, as they were before, while the other 5 were all hungry. So, apparently, when purchasing mags, if you want a variety, in both color and nature, you need to leave and return, and if you want the same nature and color over and over, you need to buy them all in succession. I only tested the 5 mags once, and didn't save after purchasing them, so I may test it again later.