PDA

View Full Version : Draw Element not working?!

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
The Draw Element is not working for me. I have a Blue Bulletta with lvl 2 draw, which should be leeching 10% of the damage I do, right? I have tried using both normal and hard attacks, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to activating Draw?

I had Ice on a former Mech Gun (which was basically useless, haha), and it activated without me doing anything special.

HRMM, I was really looking forward to having some life leech for my RAcaseal :(

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
I have draw level 1 on my Argares and it works alright. Not sure why yours wouldn't be proccing.

sylwyn
Nov 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
Each hit has a chance of the element effect activating~

AVHero
Nov 15, 2009, 06:19 PM
Ah, yeah, what sylwyn said. Its a proc. Mine leeches life sometimes 2 or 3 times per enemy, and sometimes it won't leech life at all for several enemies. Its random.

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 06:29 PM
OOooh, I see. I expected to see my HP go up on every hit. I thought the occasional rise was due only to my CAST HP revival. This element is less effective than what I thought it would be :S

sylwyn
Nov 15, 2009, 06:32 PM
Well would you have them make a third form of an attack or have it combined with all attacks? Back then the loading animation made special effects as slow as the hard attack which I found to be annoying when chaining, for an effect that sometimes occured. ^^;

Java378
Nov 15, 2009, 06:43 PM
It's a chance. Like the experience granting items.

Polyconsoler
Nov 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
Well would you have them make a third form of an attack or have it combined with all attacks? Back then the loading animation made special effects as slow as the hard attack which I found to be annoying when chaining, for an effect that sometimes occured. ^^;

I'm not complaining or anything, I just had this GRAND idea about how amazing Draw was going to be. Now, well... There are other elements I would rather pursue. It probably be a bit overpowered if it were every hit, haha.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 01:21 AM
NO ONE WOULD EVER DIE.

also, imagine Draw working every hit on things like photon arts oh lawd.

Mike
Nov 16, 2009, 03:05 AM
Well would you have them make a third form of an attack
Yes. It worked perfectly fine with PSO.

Niered
Nov 16, 2009, 04:01 AM
Yes. It worked perfectly fine with PSO.

'Cept not.

Honestly? Does anyone really want that silly "Extra Attack" button back? I took that off my pallete until I got a Tsumikiri J. Until then those "extra" abilities were just worthless.

Ill take PSZ's passive attribute system and charged special attack over PSO's "extra" attack any day.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
^ This.

PSZ Passive system > Extra button.

Why would anyone want an extra button in a game that has already limited our action palette by a decent amount if you come from GC/DC and a retardedly huge amount if you come from BB (which is where I primarily come >_<)

I'm counting the shortcut button and the 1-0 keys as additional palette btw.

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 04:00 PM
I personally agree with those who say that the passive bonus if way better. I mean the pallet is virtually the same as in GCN, which I think was quite a nice move giving an extra dimension of strategy. The fact that you can't move is however a little anoyying but you get over it.

However, having the bonus on passive, makes the combos much easier, otherwise you'd may have to sacrifice an attacktype on the main pallet to make way for dodge (which they want you to use primarilay).

Don't forget the fact that it makes multiple targets weapons a lot more appealing.

Brgrds

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 05:13 PM
My biggest gripe with the old-size palette? No menu-casting for techs.

Now, as for passives... I find Heart activates often enough to let me blitz levels with PA spam on a HUnewearl. Especially useful with a shield, since then I have perfect defense when charging the PA.