PDA

View Full Version : Damage Formula (from the Japanese Wiki)

Paromin
Nov 15, 2009, 08:40 PM
http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/?%C9%F0%B4%EF#s624e915

Here's what I got (I'll manipulate the formulas a bit)

Base Attack = (Character ATP * Shifta Bonus) + (Weapon ATP * [100% + Attribute Bonus] * Soul Element Bonus) + MAG ATP Bonus + Armor Unit ATP Bonus + Set Bonus)

Notes:

-For Force Weapons, replace ATP with MST
-Character ATP is your Base ATP + ATP Materials
-Shifta Bonus is
Level 1 (Shifta 1-5): 120%
Level 2 (Shifta 6-10): 125%
Level 3 (Shifta 11-15): 130%
-The value for Soul Element Bonus is (@1/3rd HP)
Level 1: 110%
Level 2: 120%
Level 3: 130%
Level 4: 140%
Level 5: 150%
-If your HP is above 1/3rd then Soul Element Bonus is 100% no matter what level
-If you do not have the Soul Element, then this is at 100%
-Attribute Bonus only applies if you target an enemy of the corresponding attribute
-Set Bonus is from equipping certain pieces of equipment, not bothering to translate that.

Now for the actual damage

Damage = [(Base Attack * Attack Modifier) - Defense * Zalure Effect] / 5 * PA Bonus x (100 - Resistance) / 100 * Other Element Bonus

Notes:

Attack Modifier
-1 for Normal Attack
-1.4 for Heavy Attack
-1 for Photon Art

Zalure Effect
No Zalure: 100%
Level 1 (1-5): 90%
Level 2 (6-10): 85%
Level 3 (11-15): 80%

PA bonus
-The ATP or MST modifier of your Photon Art if you're using one
-If not then this is 100%

Resistance
-Enemies resistance to Weapon Attacks?

Other Element Bonus
-None: 100%
-Celebrity
*Level 1: 110%
*Level 2: 120%
*Level 3: 130%
*Level 4: 140%
*Level 5: 150%
-Life and Risk: 150%

Tech Formula

http://pszero.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%C6%A5%AF%A5%CB%A5%C3%A5%AF#e6a42fb1

Damage = (Character MST * Shifta Bonus + Weapon MST + MAG MST + Total Armor Unit MST + Set Bonus) * Class Bonus * Weapon Bonus * Spell Power * (100 - Resistance * Zalure Effect) / 100 / 5

-Character MST is your base MST + MST Materials
-Shifta Bonus is
Level 1 (Shifta 1-5): 120%
Level 2 (Shifta 6-10): 125%
Level 3 (Shifta 11-15): 130%
-Class Bonus is the natural bonuses that each Class/Race get to certain spells. Set at 100% if there is no bonus
-Weapon Bonus is the bonus seen on weapons. Set at 100% if there is no bonus
-Spell Power (see below)
-Resistance is the Enemy's resistance to that element
Zalure Effect
No Zalure: 100%
Level 1 (1-5): 90%
Level 2 (6-10): 85%
Level 3 (11-15): 80%

Spell Power

Foie
-135%
-136%
-137%
-139%
-140%
-147%
-150%
-152%
-155%
-157%
-170%
-174%
-177%
-181%
-185%
*Level 1-5 Foie will cause Combustion Level 2
*Level 6-10 Foie will cause Combustion Level 3
*Level 11-15 Foie will cause Combustion Level 4

RaFoie
-130%
-131%
-132%
-133%
-134%
-140%
-142%
-144%
-146%
-148%
-158%
-161%
-164%
-167%
-170%
*Rafoie causes Combustion Level 1

Ice
Lightning
Light
Dark

Randomness
Nov 15, 2009, 11:09 PM
Oh, so force weapons do deal damage from MST...

Might be fun using a mind mag on my HUnewearl... slicers are already fun enough. (Got a 6* with level 3 Heart and the Light Seal PA, which paralyzes)

DanMalak
Nov 16, 2009, 12:42 AM
So as a ranger, I should be focusing on Power on my mag/spam power mats?

Paromin
Nov 16, 2009, 01:52 AM
Updated for Tech Formula, I'll finish filling in the spells once I've tested them myself.

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
Whoa! vote for sticky or making a guide out of this xD

Paromin
Nov 17, 2009, 12:08 AM
So far I've been testing out most of the different variables and all of them have been checking out.

So you can theoretically derive enemy elemental resistances (or a good estimate of it) with the formula, once I get the values for the other elemental techniques into the table.

As for defense, I still can't confirm what that RES is doing in the Attack Damage formula. In any case it's the 2nd unknown variable so it's messing up my attempts at trying to derive defense values.

Still having trouble finding the memory addresses are for enemy stats and while theoretically I could just watch the ASM code in action, my ASM is rather poor so half of the stuff that goes on I have no idea what's happening.

Ceresa
Nov 17, 2009, 12:10 AM
As for defense, I still can't confirm what that RES is doing in the Attack Damage formula. In any case it's the 2nd unknown variable so it's messing up my attempts at trying to derive defense values.

There are resistance stats for physical attacks and gun attacks in this one.

CLARK
Dec 23, 2009, 09:24 PM
According to this formula and my research, the strongest technique damage would be a FOmarl using Grants (assuming no resistances).

ブルーベリー
Dec 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
Thankfully I trust playing the game more than this formula, and playing the game says Megid is stronger.

CLARK
Dec 24, 2009, 11:55 AM
Thankfully I trust playing the game more than this formula, and playing the game says Megid is stronger.Even FOmar's Foie is stronger than FOnewearl's Megid. That much I have tested.

ブルーベリー
Dec 24, 2009, 05:38 PM
Test more. You're wrong.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 01:47 AM
The damage formula checks out given the SH resistance values for monsters found in the JP Wiki.

I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't tested it.

As for the most powerful spell given 0% resistances, is indeed Grants from a FOmarl. However enemies with 0% resistance (or at least negligible resistance, IIRC the newbie story quest versions of the first three maps have enemies with 0% Slashing and Shot resistance) only appear in Normal Story Mode, which of course means all those hundreds of points of damage you'll do are simply overkill.

As for what really determines the best damage tech, what you're looking for is enemy resistance in SH, seeing as that's the only difficulty that matters if you're going to min max.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 01:55 AM
Best spell is Megid. Who plays Normal on their end game Force.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 01:58 AM
No it isn't a more effective Force makes use of enemy resistances.

Enemies in SH can easily have an Element they're weak to (20%), Elements they receive "normal" damage from (50%) and Elements they take almost no damage from (80%)

While Dark and Light are usually Elements that fall into the Normal Bracket most of the time except in Shrine, each area has at least 2 Elements that enemies found there will be weak to.

Except for Barta as it deals crap damage even if the enemy is weak to it.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:01 AM
No, an effective force uses melee and ignores techs except for Gimegid to mob.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:05 AM
Then you must run areas slower than a Force that exploits weaknesses seeing as enemies do not always spawn in clusters and that even GiMegid 15 doesn't have a range that covers the entire area and it's vacuum property doesn't always ensure that enemies will be clustered close enough for a Megid to hit all of them after only 1 GiMegid.

Forces can easily do more than twice the damage an enemy weak to Foie with Foie than Megid.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:08 AM
No. I don't run areas twice as slow. Also, I use half the fluids. Good placed Gimegid mob very well. Enemy weaknesses to techs do not change the fact that they only do one hit (Except Zonde and Barta is a piece of shit) and guzzle your PP.

Memorizing the weakness of every mob isn't going to help you if that other force with a sexy Alice is raping your DPS.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:17 AM
Fluid usage is beside the point, a Hunter soloing SH Dark Shrine using a Celeb 4 (Element Boost) 2 Sword can easily make make a profit, even more in a group.

The only important factor in Fluid usage is if 10 Difluids and 10 Monofluids are enough to get you through a run, which will hold true in a group. Especially considering that there's 1-3 people there to reduce the damage you need to deal to enemies.

Also the cost of Megid 15 is 3/2 the cost of Foie 15 and slightly less than 3/2 of Zonde 15.

Megid might be more cost efficient when soloing, but in a group of competent players, the DPS from using weaknesses will be far more efficient in terms of speed than Megid.

Not to mention utilizing the whole cost efficient factor GiMegid->Megid spam means you have first wait until GiMegid clusters enemies together. Waiting for GiMegid to finish reduces your overall speed as opposed to spamming Foie/Zonde right away.

Jeefa
Dec 25, 2009, 02:22 AM
just use a rod and then use gimegid when they cluster?

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:23 AM
The difference is you cast megid once, and you cast Foie like 3-4 times per enemy because usually they are spread out. ALSO it is notably more laggy.

You don't get it though. MELEE/PA during Gimegid's duration. I can get off 2 Magical Sign in the time it takes Gimegid to finish mobbing almost. The DPS/Effectiveness in Damage/PP Useage/Clear Time is far more efficient if you're a melee force using Gimegid to mob.

Play with me sometime, or any other good forces and you will see.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:30 AM
Melee Forces deal less damage than Tech Forces, the only advantage that Melee forces have over Tech Forces is that they spend more PP usually. Which again is a pointless consideration seeing as these "3-4 times per enemy" would only mean 3-4 times PER area in a group seeing as that's what other people are for.

And if area damage is so important then that's what RaFoie and RaZonde are for.

Magical Sign only has a 140% Modifier (which is slightly above that of Barta), it's reduced by enemy DFP (which also is modified by 140%) enemies in SH usually have "normal" resistance to melee weapons unless we're talking about Paru. Factoring in how Magical Sign has 2 hits, it's basically like using a hit all Barta on an enemy weak to it.

Add to this that Wands are weaker than Rods when it comes to total MST, a Tech Force can just use a Wand, such as the Kerykion, instead of a Rod.

Foie, RaFoie, Zonde, and RaZonde will still deal more damage to enemies that are weak to them.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:31 AM
You're wrong. Melee Forces do not deal less damage than Tech Forces.

Try doing the field work instead of preaching bullshit. All your numbers are heresay to reality.

Jeefa
Dec 25, 2009, 02:33 AM
dude you are way too into stats and not into the game. play the game, and test for yourself...

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:36 AM
Interesting seeing as I play a Tech Force and my DPS with Techs is FAR more than what I can accomplish with a Melee Force if I exploit weaknesses.

Seeing as a well equipped and played Hunter as well as RAcasts can easily kill an enemy before GiMegid clusters enemies together.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:38 AM
You need to play with me to be proven otherwise. Enjoy your Makara.
PM me when you want to play, or click the link in my sig.

Jeefa
Dec 25, 2009, 02:39 AM
but you play a tech force... how can you know what a melee force can do

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:40 AM
Or here's a better idea, play with high level Hunters and Rangers and see if your GiMegid->Magical Sign strategy actually pays off before they can kill stuff with a Celeb Boosted Earth Bullet or Bite Stamp.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:41 AM
I already do, every day, multiple times a day. Visit the IRC sometime. Maybe we'll educate you.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:43 AM
Seriously?

It only takes at most 2 Bite Stamps to kill anything that isn't a big enemy. 1-2 full combos with a Dagger/2 Sword, 1-2 Earth Bullets. Unless you happen to be running into a 2 Boosted Phobos Dynas in every room in the Shrine, I'm surprised you're actually hitting more than 2 enemies with Magical Sign seeing as that's <B>2</B> charged attacks you make.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 02:48 AM
You strongly underestimate MS. I'm not saying that I can out damage things, Im saying as far as DPS is concerned, I can do more in comparison to forces and Rangers are so far out of the loop when it comes to efficiency dont even get me started.

Sure I may barely compare, but its quicker damage, more efficient etc. Its something you have to see for yourself, and yes I am serious. I have an IRC of all 9x/100 legit players who witnessed it.

AllisonW: ..what steroids are you feeding Marshmallow?

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 02:58 AM
So basically you're comparing your damage to non-min maxed Rangers and Forces. The first being already gimped in terms of stats and the second a class that has underwhelming performance when played inefficiently.

I've seen JP Players who can easily do 150+ Damage per hit of a Normal Attack with their 50%-60+ Celeb 4 Boosted 2 Swords. And Hadan Bites reset farmed for high %ages and Bite Stamp are becoming common in the international community.

Melee Forces simply cannot compare to a Tech Force in a min maxed party because of the speed Hunters kill things. Instant quick DPS is by far the most efficient way to go when you're playing with an efficient team.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:02 AM
Yes they can. MS is instant, Gimegid is charged on the way to the mob and Light attacks still score around 200 or so, usually more (280.)

Arkk9
Dec 25, 2009, 03:04 AM
Paromin: OUTDAMAGE MINMAXED HUS AND RAS OR GTFO
Blueberry: I ALREADY GAWD
Paromin: OH WELL HUS AND RAS SUCK ANYWAY THAT DOESNT MEAN SHIT

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 03:06 AM
You do realize that Foie and Zonde are also instant, and Bite Stamp/Earth Bullet/Over End/Tornado Dance can be charged on the way?

Also if Magical Sign is really this good then even bother using GiMegid, it has poor DPS, heading straight to MS would give you more DPS. GiMegid's vortex doesn't exactly move enemies into the center that quick.

AVHero
Dec 25, 2009, 03:08 AM
lol@min/maxing in this game.

Its PS0. Seriously. The only reason to do big number damage is to stroke your e-peen. This game isn't about efficiency, its about playing to HAVE FUN (whataconcept). If being able to Evade the hell out of everything is fun, do it. If you enjoy using a rare item, even though you can't Celeb it and such, do it. Don't get all technical with min/max. Go play WoW. This game isn't competitive. There are no rewards for doing the most damage, except, again, getting off. If things die, and you're having fun, you're doing it right.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:08 AM
Yes it does, and Magical Sign has really huge range. Gimegid is quick enough to bring everything into range. You're just a gigantic pot of Heresay.
Wow sucks.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 03:13 AM
Quick?

How can it be quicker than a hunter bringing something down in 1 PA?

If you're going to talk about maxed efficiency you only need to concern yourself with a single enemy as the rest of your party concerns themselves with one each.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:15 AM
Again. Play more talk less. I offered you a party invite, if you don't want to put your money where your mouth is it's not my problem.

Also lol "Fist Fonewearl".

Arkk9
Dec 25, 2009, 03:19 AM
Contradict yourself more Paromin. It really helps your point and totally doesn't make your argument flimsy.

Also, sure is Strawman argument around here.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 03:31 AM
Except that the game itself supports what I say, kinda easy to test seeing as all you need to do is hit stuff with a full MST Force using Foie and see that every hit does 300 damage to an enemy weak to it. You don't even need units.

Feel free to test it. The frogs in Paru are weak to Foie by the way.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:35 AM
Frog whack (Light melee) with Shifta, No zalure; 352 Damage.
Magical Sign with Shifta, No zalure; 485 Damage, and hit the frogs around it.

This was without Zalure, and on Wifi so increased stats.

Does not include chip damage from mobbing gimegid. All attacks were instant.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 03:43 AM
Right and Foie does 390 damage, no Shifta or Zalure
Zonde on the Bots deals 370 damage, no Shifta or Zalure.

Instant.

Again. Foie and Zonde deal more damage when hitting weaknesses. No need to wait for Megid.

No units. No Shifta

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:47 AM
No. I don't think you know how to read. Everything I'm speaking of is instant. YOu dont wait for gimegid. You don't wait for Magical Sign.
Before you think of what to reply with how about you read shit. This is going in circles, and you're being stupid.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 03:52 AM
Really I find this interesting as Magical Sign took me a second to charge, long enough for me to throw another Foie or Zonde out.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 03:58 AM
You clearly just don't want me to prove you wrong, so you're not partying with me, and not accepting my invitation to prove you wrong. But whatever. You suck at proving things. Your denial is getting stupid. I can prove you wrong and have you just refuse to read.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:00 AM
Right so basically you ignore how Foie and Zonde deal more damage per hit using a weakness, and how they're instant cast, and how these are easy to test?

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:01 AM
They don't, thats the thing. They don't deal more damage. Melee does more damage and Magical Sign far exceeds that. Also, Gimegid will be chip damage while attacking with melee so add a good 100 per attack onto your average damage. I said in the thread before this that with 2 MS and a Gimegid I can achieve 2500 damage, or so. You don't even want to test me in Rioh, where MS sometimes hit for two sets of 800 or so depending on chain.

Btw, does Tech damage increase by chain? I don't think it does.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:06 AM
Riou?

Foie does 440+ Damage with Shifta, no units on Usannies.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:09 AM
It also hits one enemy, not a group, is slow and does have cool down. Guzzles PP. I can do a melee combo in the time it takes for you to get off 1 Tech. Also its pallet room. You're just throwing out heresay. Play with me and Il prove it otherwise shut up. God.

And its Rioh.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:14 AM
You can do one full combo PER tech? Hilarious.

Seriously now you're just spouting nonsense.

I've said it before Tech Forces are for single target DPS for when the rest of the team can kill one of non-giant mob each in the span of a single PA I've admitted way back that Melee Forces are better the more work you need to do on your own.

And I don't see how PP matters in SH seeing as everyone has 10 Dilfuids and 10 Monofluids.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:15 AM
Play with me and Il prove it otherwise shut up.
Refusal to see evidence is admitting hersay.

You're just a troll.

enjoy being weaker.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:19 AM
Uh huh, nice try but crap like doing a whole combo in the time it takes to cast 1 Foie + Cooldown to the next Foie.

Talk about hearsay.

You can't even test something as simple as casting Foies and Zondes.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:22 AM
Play with me and Il prove it/give you a chance to prove it otherwise shut up.
Take a fucking hint. All it takes to shut me up, or you up is to connect and do it. Clearly its beyond you.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:25 AM
And all it takes to see that Techs do more single target DPS when exploiting weaknesses is to USE one.

Considering that you're pulling this "1 full combo per Foie" crap, I'm guessing you haven't used Foie in a long time.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:27 AM
I did, they dont, end of discussion. Fuck off. I'm willing to prove it, you're not.
Clearly a troll.

And you fail at it. Everyone is laughing at you. If only you knew. xD
God this thread is so funny.

I offer to prove it.
You refuse.
I offer for you to prove it.
You refuse.

AVHero
Dec 25, 2009, 04:28 AM
So...both of you play online together, find a room with the same enemy, split up, and see who kills fastest.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:28 AM
Right and somehow you speed hacked your game so that you actually pull off a 3 hitter in the time it takes to cast 2 non charged techs.

Please make more stuff up.

Except that I would if I could, seeing as I don't have access to WiFi right now.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:29 AM
That was the idea, Ben, but unfortunately Troll here won't prove it. :rolleyes:

Troll moar Paromin.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:31 AM
Nah you do it well enough by coming up with crap like "cooldown times" for Techs that take, what, how long is 1 Wand combo?

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:33 AM
All I need to do is get off 2 hits to out DPS you. Not even including chip damage from Gimegid :rolleyes: You don't read, and its funny. You're funny. This entire thread is full of you having no evidence and me giving you soon and you refusing to see it. Its hellarious how much you suck.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:37 AM
You mean the it takes 2 melee hits with Shifta to outDPS two Foies without Shifta?

Evidence? I've given the conditions Foie 15 on an Usanny from a level 100 FOnewm with full MST, no Units, oh right I forgot to list, using a max grinded Kery. 15 Shifta.

440 Damage.

Feel free to dispute something that's can be reproduced.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:39 AM
I offered to show you everything, and for three pages you have denied me. =3 And no, you can't use two foie in the time it takes me to do two hits of Melee.

Feel free to prove you can. Im waiting on wifi.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:40 AM
So basically what you're saying is you're refusing to cast Foie? Seriously.

The conditions are all there feel free to duplicate the test and prove me wrong with an actual number.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:41 AM
You wanted proof. WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO MAKE A VIDEO OF MY DS?
Are you retarded?

Wait, dumb question. Last 4 pages gave me that answer.

*No i dun wan party with u*
*u want prove me wrong*
*i wun give u chance 2*
*im rite*

Stop fucking replying to this thread, and me, if you cant prove shit.

Trina
Dec 25, 2009, 04:42 AM
Takes around 3 times as much time to charge and cause 1 Magic Sign compared to Foie. Magic Sign gets additional bonus from Celeb.

Single Target:
Foie = 5.55x MST damage. (3 x 1.85)
Magic Sign = 4.2x MST damage. (2 x 1.4 x 1.5)

Multi Target
Magic Sign = 16.8x MST damage. (2 x 1.4 x 1.5 x 4)

Magic Sign is melee, most enemies has 20%-50% resist to it.
Magic Sign has large AoE, you easily hit at least 2-3 parts of bosses at the same time.

QED Magic Sign is a lot better in most situations. People can bring the argument that magic sign is limited to wands which has lower MST, but then they're forgetting that magic sign also gets additional bonus from photon% on weapons, which Foie doesn't which easily makes up for it.

I don't even see why paromin made this thread in the first place. If they were smart enough to SEARCH BEFORE LOL LETS CLICK NEW TOPIC XD XD ^_^ they'd notice that there's already a thread where I've copypastad the damage formula by him (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171664) making this thread pointless in the first place.

AVHero
Dec 25, 2009, 04:43 AM
Why won't you just get online with her? Afraid you're wrong? Just get online and settle it, ffs.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:43 AM
Proof? I never questioned your "proof" I've accepted that you can do mid 300 damage with a Normal Attack with Alice Olivia with Life and 480 damage with per hit with Magical Sign. Or that you chip 100 damage with GiMegid. Or whatever numbers you've stated towards your Melee Force Build.

You're the one who can't cast even 1 Foie.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:46 AM
Time isnt something you can prove with numbers. PSZ is a very "See it to believe it" game. It all depends on how quickly you execute light attacks, when you release charged PAs, useable of PA Compress and the like. I'm not bringing out a stopwatch to calculate miliseconds between casting time of foie and melee attacks just becuase you're too pussy to come on wifi and see it for yourself for some reason.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:49 AM
I've already said I don't have WiFi

Takes around 3 times as much time to charge and cause 1 Magic Sign compared to 3 Foie. Magic Sign gets additional bonus from Celeb.

Single Target:
Magic Sign = 4.2x MST damage. (2 x 1.4 x 1.5)

Multi Target
Magic Sign = 16.8x MST damage. (2 x 1.4 x 1.5 x 4)

Magic Sign is melee, most enemies has 20%-50% resist to it.
Magic Sign has large AoE, you easily hit at least 2-3 parts of bosses at the same time.

QED Magic Sign is a lot better in most situations. People can bring the argument that magic sign is limited to wands which has lower MST, but then they're forgetting that magic sign also gets additional bonus from photon% on weapons, which Foie doesn't which easily makes up for it.

Magic Sign MST is reduced by enemy Defense (which is also effectively multiplied by the PA Modifier and Element Damage Boost, as these are final modifiers)

Techs have no damage reduction from any stat except resistance, FOnewms and FOmars get a damage bonus to Techs, and while 15%-20 compared to 65% isn't a lot, 15% boosts every point of MST, Base/Material, Shifta Bonus, MAG, Weapon, Unit, Set while Attribute only boosts Weapon MST.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:50 AM
Im calculating Wifi damage. Wifi has stronger monsters. Let me test on solo.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 04:52 AM
And I'm using Local Multiplayer which has the same difficulty settings as WiFi.

Also I'm not disputing anything about bosses or whatever, I'm talking about the damage you deal to a single mob as that's what's going to matter once you're with Hunters/Rangers with weapons that have max Celeb and Max Attributes which have PA's which are perfectly capable of dealing with a single mob.

Tech Forces switch to weapons when it comes to bosses anyway.

Trina
Dec 25, 2009, 04:59 AM
Defence is pretty much added into the game for players. Enemy defence make no difference at all. Zalure only makes you deal more damage due to lowered resists.

Notice how Zalure adds almost no extra damage at all if you're already dealing the damage type which they have weak resists vs.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 04:59 AM
Using a stop watch.

Foie = 1.2 seconds it seems. 5 Foie = 6 seconds.

N N N + Magical Sign = 3.5 Seconds.

Lets say your Foie does 480 damage PERFECTLY each time. Thats 2400 damage.

Lets say my melee does 380 and my Magical Sign does 480. Thats 1,140 + 960 = 2100. This is with 2.5 seconds to spare, which is the equivilant of four melee attacks which is 1,520 damage totaling to 3620 and this doesnt count the splash damage of the monsters around when MS was activated.

AVHero
Dec 25, 2009, 05:06 AM
I would like to address another point. Who the hell splits their party and does single target DPS online? Ideally, you get a force (like Blue) to Gimegid (like she does), and everyone uses their AOE weapons/PAs/Techs, and kill things much faster. Hunters using their awesome PAs you keep bringing up hits multiple targets, so, if anything, AOE is a much more productive and efficient way of slaughtering enemies in a timely fashion.

Trina
Dec 25, 2009, 05:10 AM
Pretty much. Only times my Hunter uses normal attacks is to do the first attack to start charging PA, or when a white shadowed heavy enemy (bird, tang, ark, phobos) appears, since they tend to have enough hp to still be alive when other mobs are dead.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 05:11 AM
Even though its ridiculous, I'm still right. :l

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 05:12 AM
Not true. From one of the previous test I did to check the damage formula

I used a level 100 HUcast with a fully grinded Millias Breaker with 65% Dark (admittedly I had to cheat that one in for that test) Full ATP Mats and MAG and 4 Divine/Powers (hacked those in as well). Not using the set armor. On a Derreo in SH

(504 Base + 80 Mats + 606 * 1.65 + 100 + 100) = 1783.9 / 5 = 356.78 * (1-50%) = 178.39 Damage. And after 20 or so hits, my damage was only hitting 150 at the highest.

20 Damage reduction given a 50% resistance is easily equal to 200 Defense.

As for splitting up the party, GiMegid still takes time to draw everything in together. Instead of waiting for GiMegid (which takes just as long if not longer than a PA to charge up) if players target 1 enemy/cluster individually they'll kill stuff much quicker. There aren't that many times when the game spawns more than 4 "groups" of enemies which cannot be instantly killed by 1 player to each group. If not never at all.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 05:14 AM
What the fuck are you talking about. Way to ignore me. Stay on topic, the topic is about you being wrong about single target damage of a Fonewearl.

Using a stop watch.

Foie = 1.2 seconds it seems. 5 Foie = 6 seconds.

N N N + Magical Sign = 3.5 Seconds.

Lets say your Foie does 480 damage PERFECTLY each time. Thats 2400 damage.

Lets say my melee does 380 and my Magical Sign does 480. Thats 1,140 + 960 = 2100. This is with 2.5 seconds to spare, which is the equivilant of four melee attacks which is 1,520 damage totaling to 3620 and this doesnt count the splash damage of the monsters around when MS was activated.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 05:24 AM
Were you hitting an actual enemy or just swinging your Wand around in empty air

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 05:26 AM
I was hitting a mob in Paru Izhirak-S6 and Frogs. Mainly Izhirak and frogs got hit by splash of MS. Damage comparison from the original test on Frogs and Izhirak is around 50 for each hit because of def or something, so it sets off the damage I would do to frogs by 50.

3 + 2 + 4 = 9 So thats 360 damage difference. Take 360 off my total calculations for the Izhirak single target. Its still higher.

Paromin
Dec 25, 2009, 05:41 AM
Alright that pretty much agrees with my numbers, a little over 2 seconds for a full Wand combo.

However Foie only takes 1 second to cast.

So 380 * 3 / 2 = 570 DPS
So 480 * 1/1 = 480 DPS

Okay I was wrong on that.

ブルーベリー
Dec 25, 2009, 05:43 AM
Thank you. I wish I could show you it in action. Get a Router, D;

Also if Foie takes 1 second to cast as opposed to 1.2 thats just 1 more foie. So add 480 and the damage is still significantly higher. (800 higher.) Provided an enemy stays alive for that. Not to mention its area damage x 2.

l3iohazard
Dec 25, 2009, 08:07 AM
drama over

CLARK
Dec 30, 2009, 10:09 PM
drama over
*crawls out from under a rock*
j/k lol
So.....
I need to know. I assumed that Over-End dealt the most DPS. I didn't really use wands enough to know about Magical Sign, and I rarely used Gimegid as well. Which one actually destroys enemies the fastest? I still assume Over-End?