PDA

View Full Version : Alt time

UserName
Nov 16, 2009, 09:31 AM
Got my HUcast to lvl 56 yesterday. I have a 100 attack mag, 60 att and 30 def mag, 60 def mag, 90 hit mag, and a 85 mst mag (i just carry around 4 mags with me and when i cannot use something i just feed it to my mag instead of selling or dropping it). I have also been saving all the spells that drop.

What i want to do is make 1 of every class (1 hunter, 1 force and 1 ranger)

I pick HUcast because i read that they are the best power houses later in the game. What i want to do is start on a alt (getting a little pissed at the bats that you can only hit once or the guys on the surf boards). Now the question is what should i do next? Should i go ranger or force. When i team up with either of them i see an insane amount of damage from them.

Out of the 4 classes what are the best for ranger and force? I was thinking of making a RAcast for ranger because i think they have the best damage and FOnewearl for force because they do the best damage.

Allison_W
Nov 16, 2009, 11:35 AM
FOnewes have the highest MST, but you do need to remember that the different Force types get different modifiers to different techs. That FOnewe has slightly higher MST than the FOnewm, but she only gets a boost to Megid and Resta (25% and 30% respectively, I think)--meaning her Megid is something akin to the apocalypse and she's a great healer, but her other attack techs only do damage as per her MST. FOnewms, on the other hand, get a 15% boost to all attack techs (they do get a 30% penalty to Resta, however, so be warned). Their Megid damage will be lower than a FOnewe's, but if you plan to use the Foie/Barta/Zonde/Grants techs, the FOnewm will quite possibly hit harder with those. It'd be nice if someone who's actually crunched the numbers and done the testing could confirm or disprove this, but it sounds like that 15% boost is a lot higher than the difference in MST between the FOnewm and FOnewe, even at endgame.

Of course, where slicers are concerned, if you plan to use those, it may or may not be worth noting that the FOmarl has the best ATA of all the Forces (it may also be worth noting that she gets a 25% damage boost with Grants and a 30% boost with Resta, if Grants is your bag). Whether the FOmarl actually does more damage with Grants than the FOnewm is a good question.

Another good question is whether the FOmar's slight tech mod boost relative to the FOnewm in the Foie/Barta/Zonde department (the FOmar gets a 20% boost to all three of those and no penalty to Resta, compared to the FOnewm's 15% boost to all five attack techs and 30% penalty to Resta) actually means he does more damage with those techs than the FOnewm. This seems a bit close to call without actually running the numbers, and again, it'd be nice to have some actual confirmation.

tl;dr: FOnewes have the highest MST and will have the most powerful Megid and Resta. FOnewms have slightly lower MST than FOnewes but at a glance appear to be the best all-round nukers if you want to use the full set of attack techniques, though their Resta is relatively poor. If Grants is your favourite attack technique or you're big on slicers, you may wish to check out the FOmarl. I'm uncertain about the FOmar's ability with Foie/Barta/Zonde relative to the FOnewm or FOnewe after factoring in endgame stats, equipment, and the full run of mats.

Polyconsoler
Nov 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
Do you want to use techniques with your Ranger? If you don't, then obviously you'll want one of the CASTs. I prefer RAcaseal because she eventually gets 10 heal traps, compared to RAcasts 5. Her ATA is also higher, which I also prefer, while RAcasts ATP is higher. Stat-wise, though, their differences are very little. I think it comes down to aesthetics more than anything else. Either one will get the job done, so which one do you think looks prettier? lol

If you want techniques, use a Human. I prefer CAST rangers because Humans rangers get zalure/jellen instead of deband/shifta, which would reacquire a lot more casting if you actually wanted to use them. The main spells of importance here are Resta and Anti, which can be very helpful. Again, it comes down to aesthetics (in my opinion) between male and female, because their stats are only slightly different.