PDA

View Full Version : 'pure' Power: Playful Thohn vs Ruffian Wyn

twiztidsinz
Nov 16, 2009, 03:06 PM
On my HUmar, I just leveled up my Pure Power Playful Thohn to Lv59 a few minutes ago, and then fed him enough ranged weapons to become 60 (59Pow/1Hit) turning him into a Ruffian Wyn.

Now I'm faced with a choice:
Do I keep him as a Wyn, and use Pacifal?
Or do I exit without saving and go back to Thohn?
Pacifal's AOE is nice, but it seems to take MUCH longer to pull off (the attack itself) than Granir.
Also, I may be wrong, but Granir seems to do more damage than Pacifal, correct?

Or would Flozir (Chato) or Midgul (Urado) be better?
I haven't had a chance to use Flozir or Midgul, myself. Flozir seems like it would be great for a Force user or maybe a Ranger and I kind of passed Midgul off as less useful than the above (This is my first time playing a Phantasy Star game since II and III for the Genesis:-P).

Polyconsoler
Nov 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
I had a very similar dilema. I can tell you that you're right about Flozir and Mdigul. Flozir is better for forces. Midgul gives a GREAT shifta, but it's very short, so I never found it that useful.

Between Granir and Pacifal I would have to say Pacifcal. When you are playing tower it becomes extremely useful, as you can clear an entire room in one sweep. It also has a chance to stun enemies, so if you don't kill some of the harder enemies right off the bat you can get a few more hits in without danger.

Granir is useful is some situations, as it does more damage, but in a straight line, but for overall usefulness I say Pacifal. It really speeds things up.

twiztidsinz
Nov 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the great reply. :D