PDA

View Full Version : Guide Things to consider when choosing a CAST

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 04:13 PM
Ok, I'll try not to give oput any spoilers out there, so let me get straight to it. We all new the benefits of being a CAST back in PSO.

1) Recharge HP when not moving on a real-time basis (regen was almost on a second timer)
2) Traps
3) No status conditions affected us

And the cons:

1) No TP
2) Thus no spells
3) Dependency on mats/special atack draw to recover while running away

Now in PS0, I feel we have traded some cons and pros to our disadvantage

1) Recharge HP is now on a 5 second timer, we get a passive 1% every 5 secs but while standing the 5% regen is also on a 5 sec timer.
2) We can have TP, but our pool is very small and is only used in PAs
3) Traps have been reworked, now we have to buy them and they don't get refreshened on level up.
4) We can now get burnt, confused, frozen (not sure about posioned but I'd say yes).

So you see the things that really made the cast a CAST are all gone, it was amazing to be able to walk through poison clouds and get to the opther side, or recive a lava burst and take only the damage.

Therefore we have been made more organic, maybe to fit the fact that we can be healed by magic, and now traps are to be placed on a need basis, rather than..well I have them for something.

So if you've played PSO and will be choosing the CAST becuase of he pros and cons at that tiome, please be aware that something have changed since.

Rgrds

Zephton
Nov 16, 2009, 04:23 PM
You've got to admit, however, that not being affected by status ailments (besides shock) back in PSO was a bit overpowered. CASTS' higher stats overall, traps, and HP regen was enough to compensate for lack of techs. Plus, carrying around a few Sol Atomizers isn't gonna kill you.

Donnikun
Nov 16, 2009, 04:44 PM
i created a RAcast as an alt, gotta admit its fun, but when feeding mags, upping mind on a mag that a CAST uses is useless. so no larg for a CAST lol. got larg on my FOmar, prolly gonna put Hagal on my RAcast. That is until i get desired evolution items, which i may or may not use since they are really only for looks, dont make the mag any stronger.

AVHero
Nov 16, 2009, 04:51 PM
CASTs can't be poisoned.

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 04:58 PM
You've got to admit, however, that not being affected by status ailments (besides shock) back in PSO was a bit overpowered. CASTS' higher stats overall, traps, and HP regen was enough to compensate for lack of techs. Plus, carrying around a few Sol Atomizers isn't gonna kill you.

I know it was, I was trying to do the comparison one on one but I understand that some changes were compensated with more than one =D. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that changes made choosing a CAST the worst thing to be chosen, it's just that I think that some changes got the short end of the stick and that those who knew the CAST back in PSO should be ready for the differences.

and thanks AVHero, at least we retained the one that really made sense =)

Rgrds

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
New CAST pro in Zero:Heal traps that rez.

Niered
Nov 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
Seriously? Youre complaining about our tiny PP pool?

I have a PA reduce Lv2 Slotted in my RAcast, and he only uses maybe 2-3 dimates a run. Its not a bother.

But in regards to the rest of your argument, I would agree we've been nerfed a tad since PSO, but I think in a certain sense it's actually been for the best. As mentioned earlier, only being susceptible to shock and freeze was a bit ridiculous, but we still have resistance to anything but burn, confuse, and freeze.

The HP regen isn't too terribly useful, but our trap vision most certainly is. And like Randomness said, Heal Traps are great.

Ceipe
Nov 16, 2009, 11:07 PM
Well ya I agree that I like the new way casts work now, specially with the big BUFF that implies the healing trap and no I wasn't complaining about the small PP pool, just stating that we have it xD.

Rgrds