PDA

View Full Version : Story line talk (spoilers eminent)

ANIMEniac
Nov 16, 2009, 06:09 PM
So i was playing the extra missions after the main story is beaten, and there is talk about the planet being previously referred to "Coral" before the great blank. does any1 think that the event ties in with PSO's story for the Pioneer I and II leaving Coral to find a new place to live.

the way i am seeing it, is this game is taking place very close to the time-line of PSO, depending on how long it took to get from there to finding Ragol.

It also makes me wonder that if this is the case, if Dark Falz in omni-present being of the universe to the extent that he can gain power both on Coral and Ragol (through R.R. Rico and H. Flowen) at the same given moment, or if after the defeat of Mother Trinity, Falz then inhabits RRR...

this all is kinda exciting to me :P i say we discuss (or point me to a thread that already has this discussion b/c i fail at topic searching)

Evicous
Nov 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
If anything PS0 is 199~ years after PSO. (The Pioneer II took one year to get to Ragol, and PS0 happens 200 years after the Great Blank. I would imagine the Pioneer II would have left at the last possible moment.)

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 16, 2009, 08:49 PM
21 years after the events of episode II, Pioneer 1 is still in contact with Coral. In episode II it's explained that Pioneer 2 is fighting with Coral for independance. So the "Great Blank" could not have happened immideatly after pioneer 2 left.
I say PS0 is 1,000 years after PSO and Dark Falz is back, per routine.

Yoshara
Nov 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
PS0 taking place after PSO makes alot more scence considering that in PSO Newmans were a newly made and highly unstable race yet in PS0 they are a lost race.

Sinue_v2
Nov 16, 2009, 09:33 PM
I haven't done most of the post-game missions yet, but it seems like PSZ seems to either borrow heavily from or is going to segway into PSII's storyline. Mother Brain and Mother Trinity's storylines, effects, & purposes seem highly symmetrical - and the Mother Project of PSO seems to mirror the story of Mother Trinity's construction. The only thing missing is the explicit mentioning of the Alyssa III & Noah. Noah's launch would have ideally come just after the triumph of Mother Trinity - after the Casts were in stasis and Newmen eradicated.

Sarisa ~ What kind of a mother would kill her own children?

Mother Brain ~ I am like a mother protecting her child. And now I will take my child, Algo, by the hand and lead it down the path of destruction.

"We are not people of Algo. We are from a place called Earth. Our planet was green and lovely, and we had a highly advanced civilization. We are the last of our race." ~ Earthlings

"The last...?" ~ Rolf

"Yes. Our planet has been destroyed. Do you want to know why? We were a weaker people then. Even though we knew about the evil inside of us, we didn't suppress it. We took joy in controlling nature; we didn't realize we were destroying ourselves until it was too late. The death rattle of our planet alerted us to our failure. With the time remaining to us, we built a spaceship to wander among the stars. Then we found Algo. We found the people here living in simple happiness. We decided we wanted this planet. And do you think you can stop us, we who destroyed Palm? You will die!" Since you are going to die anyway, you might as well know. In place of the home we have lost we will have to settle for this star. The Mother Brain is lost, but we can easily create another. The only ones who are against us are you. If you are eliminated, our plans can proceed." ~ Earthlings

And keep in mind that the Earthlings were twisted by hundreds of years of influence by the Dark Force that was hidden aboard the Noah. The reason why the destroyed the planet Palm was to kill and frame the heroes, but also to destroy part of the seal which kept the Profound Darkness trapped in another dimension.

I'm not sure how PSO's descriptions of Coral match up with PS0's depictions of Coral - if that really is Coral. Didn't Elly reference Coral as being a system of multiple planets? I suppose the Moon could be considered a planet (our moon would be dwarf planet if not in our orbit, and was formed by the collision of Earth and it's sister planet Thea) Hopefully it's still online. I'll see if I can find that mock-up of the PSO storyline that me and ACThrash worked on a few years ago. Thought it only covers up to Ep I & II. I'm not sure about BlueBurst or Ep III additions.

The only stickler would be Dark Falz. It would require the same manifestation to be on Earth, Ragol, and the Noah enroute simultaneously.

The Pioneer II took one year to get to Ragol

I think Pioneer II took seven years to get to Ragol. It launched while Pioneer I was still enroute, and they didn't have the supplies to get back. Pioneer I was supposed to set up the colony in lue of their arrival. Hence, they were stuck there without a planet to land on after the disappearance of Pioneer I and no way to go back to Coral.

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 09:34 PM
PS0 taking place after PSO makes alot more scence considering that in PSO Newmans were a newly made and highly unstable race yet in PS0 they are a lost race.

And stable. No mention of random lifespans.

But yeah, in theory, PS0 is some time after PSO.

Also, what's this about still being in contant with Coral after Pioneer II arrived? I recall they were basically cut off or something, though its been a while since I read any of the message stuff (And longer still for gov quests)

Sinue_v2
Nov 16, 2009, 09:40 PM

But Ragol has two moons, and neither one looks like the moon in PS0. In the early PSO promos, Ragol looked exactly like the Earth. If PS0 took place post-PSO, it would have to go back to that model. I'm thinking that the Earth in PS0 also had a high similarity to our Earth. Didn't the Pilliar of Light seem to extend up from Europe (somewhere around France or Italy) in the video?