PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is better?

Hagaishi
Nov 16, 2009, 08:34 PM
What do yall think is a better handheld MMORPG?

Phantasy Star Zero

Phantasy Star Portable

Monster Hunter

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

pso_crash
Nov 16, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've only played psz, but I have not heard many good things about these other handheld mmo games.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 08:41 PM
Yo dawg.

Why post a question like this in a forum of which is dedicated to a game on that list.

The bias in the answers will be overwhelming. xD

Hagaishi
Nov 16, 2009, 08:46 PM
Yo dawg.

Why post a question like this in a forum of which is dedicated to a game on that list.

The bias in the answers will be overwhelming. xDWe all know what each game is but that was something that i didn't realize. Thanks for pointing that out! But lets just see what the poll reveals. But thanks for checking it out! If I can Ill make one in the "General" section. Janna.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
General would be a better place, but I'd still imagine the votes would mostly be PSZ or PSU, but what do I know. xD

jmanx
Nov 16, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well the worst one up there on the list up there is FFCC to me. I mean I don't like it's battle system ubar simplistic and not fun at the same time. Then the online is very laggy and communication sucks really bad. Backspace 2 times to space wtf. Then on top of that it isnt even keyboard layout. Now that I say how I dont like the game play i can say I dont like the look of it either damn pigs >:C. They shoulda focus on Implementing the communication and lag rather then throwing one player into the multiplayer realm.

Hagaishi
Nov 16, 2009, 09:00 PM
Well the worst one up there on the list up there is FFCC to me. I mean I don't like it's battle system ubar simplistic and not fun at the same time. Then the online is very laggy and communication sucks really bad. Backspace 2 times to space wtf. Then on top of that it isnt even keyboard layout. Now that I say how I dont like the game play i can say I dont like the look of it either damn pigs >:C. They shoulda focus on Implementing the communication and lag rather then throw online into one player.I had the 1st FF:CC on DS and it was ok. I guess it was just to hold me down till FFA:Tatics 2 came out.

Zephton
Nov 16, 2009, 09:01 PM
FF:Tatics 2

Great game.

GHNeko
Nov 16, 2009, 09:14 PM
FFT on PSX is superior imo

Donnikun
Nov 16, 2009, 09:23 PM
i love PSZ, i had a frend who had the portable, saw it, i like zero better. FFCC:EOT was good at first, but uber easy to reach the cap, and i got bored fast, and online was laggy as hell and no communication like PSZ where you can at least write phrases to your FC peeps, i learned how to write one word fast and send sentances in PSZ. I think - we - should - do a - quest. i can easily write that complex in PSZ. your - mag is - cool! stuff like that.

Monster Hunter i plated the first one on PSP, was extreemly awesome, a close second to PSZ and PSP. if i had a PSP system id also probably be playing freedom unite along PSP and PSZ. good series. PSZ is still better.

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 09:29 PM
I had the 1st FF:CC on DS and it was ok. I guess it was just to hold me down till FFA:Tatics 2 came out.

The first CC for the GCN was the best, imo.

Hagaishi
Nov 16, 2009, 09:49 PM
The first CC for the GCN was the best, imo.

But didnt the fact that you had to stay in that ring sucked?

Hagaishi
Nov 16, 2009, 11:26 PM
FFT on PSX is superior imoNope! I don't think so! The FFTA series was always better than the original! And the one on PSP is just a remake, Unless they came out with a brand new FFT game.

darkante
Nov 16, 2009, 11:48 PM
Dude, this is a really hard choise.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite which i have is a great game.
Lots of challenges and things to destroy. (Dragons, wyverns, dinosaurs etc)
Also, patience is key here.

Phantasy Star Zero is good in that way that is fresh game and is pretty much a pick up and play game unlike MH.

Phantasy Star Portable is also a pick up and play, but trying to fit the universe experience in a portable package.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles serie on the DS has a plattforming type of rpg.
With puzzles and other thing to promote some teamplay, but netplay is kinda lacking stability.

But if i have to choose, i say Monster Hunter as it has the most replay value.
I just see when Phantasy Star Portable 2 comes and judge better later.

GHNeko
Nov 17, 2009, 12:41 AM
Nope! I don't think so! The FFTA series was always better than the original! And the one on PSP is just a remake, Unless they came out with a brand new FFT game.

....FFTA series was sooo trashy compared to original, and PSP remake is worse than original as well.

But hey. That's your opinion. You like your 10 hour game with retarded limitations and gimmicks added to a good system. I like my 50+ hour game with epic storylines, non-cliche bs, and actual DIFFICULTY.

e__e

Orange_Coconut
Nov 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
Well, I voted for Monster Hunter, but that's because I haven't played PSP and I barely have played PS0 so far. I liked Crystal Chronicles, but I never picked up any of the portable FF:CC games. Plus I love the music that plays when you're cooking meat in Monster Hunter... >_>

_Vyser_
Nov 17, 2009, 01:15 AM
Monster Hunter all the way! PSZ is a very close second for me.

Hagaishi
Nov 17, 2009, 01:30 AM
....FFTA series was sooo trashy compared to original, and PSP remake is worse than original as well.

But hey. That's your opinion. You like your 10 hour game with retarded limitations and gimmicks added to a good system. I like my 50+ hour game with epic storylines, non-cliche bs, and actual DIFFICULTY.

e__eThats just shows how much you know! The game has 365missions! 10 hour? More like 80-120+! The 1st one on GBA was over 80! But your right. Everyone has the right to like what ever they like. But remeber to know your facts from fiction!

Hagaishi
Nov 17, 2009, 01:32 AM
I will say Thank you for everyone who has voted so far!

Padium
Nov 17, 2009, 01:37 AM
I'll be honest, I quite liked the FF:CC series, best game of which was Ring of Fates. For multiplayer and replay value, it was quite lacking...

GHNeko
Nov 17, 2009, 01:57 AM
Thats just shows how much you know! The game has 365missions! 10 hour? More like 80-120+! The 1st one on GBA was over 80! But your right. Everyone has the right to like what ever they like. But remeber to know your facts from fiction!

I wasnt serious with the time. Lol. I was joking about how short the game is compared to FFT.

and if it takes you 80 hours to beat all the missions, then you need to speed it up or get better. It took me no more than 48 hours to 100% that game.

It's a joke compared to FFT which takes twice as long to get max everything and unlock everything.

I wouldnt be dissing FFTA if I didn't play and utterly rape the game. Which I did.