PDA

View Full Version : Question about RA class

rebeljerm
Nov 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
Is it just me, or does the ranger class seem to be lacking? I made one today because ranger was my favorite back in pso, but im finding that their damage isnt the same as it was in the earlier games. Do they get better once you start to level them? And what weapon is best for them?

TravisVI
Nov 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
i like my RAmar. always has been my main in the PSO series. im finding mechguns are quite excelllent in this game for rangers...especially with cool style PA on ...destroys up close boss fights.

Zephton
Nov 16, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'd say try a different RA. I assume you're using RAmar and they got nerfed big time. My personal preference of PSZ's RAs is RAcaseal, great accuracy and pretty decent power.

Also, the gunblade glitch freaking decimates everything.

Zero Revenge
Nov 16, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'd say try a different RA. I assume you're using RAmar and they got nerfed big time. My personal preference of PSZ's RAs is RAcaseal, great accuracy and pretty decent power.

Also, the gunblade glitch freaking decimates everything.

They did? I'm having a fun time on the RAmar. How'd they get nerfed???

Zephton
Nov 16, 2009, 09:15 PM

A lot lower ATA and ATP than in PSO.

I mean sure, they can still be fun and strong with the right weapons, materials, and mags, just like any other class. They're just not as strong as they were in PSO.

rebeljerm
Nov 16, 2009, 09:16 PM
Whats the gunblade glitch? Are gunblades that good? And that sucks about RAmars, because there the only ranger class thats looks dont bother me

Zephton
Nov 16, 2009, 09:21 PM
Whats the gunblade glitch? Are gunblades that good? And that sucks about RAmars, because there the only ranger class thats looks dont bother me

It's where you hold L and shoot a shot with the gunblade, and, continuing to hold L, press start to open the menu, switch weapons to a mechgun or handgun, and still holding L, close the menu. As long as you keep L held you can fire as fast as possible by rapidly tapping your attack button.

Java378
Nov 16, 2009, 09:22 PM
Who cares about Damage when you can get Mechguns with the "Cool Style"?

Damage means nothing as a RA. Sure, you only do 2 compared to a hunter's 8. But, you get to do that 2 from a distance and repetitively.

Nothing is as strong as it was in PSO. Ever tried using a Hunter or a Force in the first 10 levels? Sucks. That's why there are mags and grinders and joint banking.

SegaK2
Nov 16, 2009, 09:24 PM
It's where you hold L and shoot a shot with the gunblade, and, continuing to hold L, press start to open the menu, switch weapons to a mechgun or handgun, and still holding L, close the menu. As long as you keep L held you can fire as fast as possible by rapidly tapping your attack button.

Ouch! Is that <confirmed> in the US version, then?

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 09:27 PM
You know, I expected that to be how you can cancel out of the second gunblade slash by hitting L, and then fire the three-way shot immediately.

rebeljerm
Nov 16, 2009, 09:32 PM
Ouch, thats a pretty nasty glitch.
Well are gunblades still good even without that glitch?

Zero Revenge
Nov 16, 2009, 09:35 PM
They aren't bad. Not as good as I was hoping, but decent enough to use one if you get your hands on a nice enough one.

rebeljerm
Nov 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Ok sweet
So sofar all I know is that people like to use mechguns and gunblades, anything else I should know about rangers?

jmanx
Nov 16, 2009, 09:47 PM

buy not having the highest potential ATA

rebeljerm
Nov 16, 2009, 11:26 PM
Ok, so i've decided to give ranger another try, but im torn between RAmar, and RAcast. I like how the RAmar looks, but his stats are lower than the RAcasts. And I get all nostalgic when I see the RAcast, but he's just not the same RAcast from PSO. Also, for my mag should I just go pure power? Any suggestions?

SquashDemon
Nov 18, 2009, 10:54 PM
You know, I expected that to be how you can cancel out of the second gunblade slash by hitting L, and then fire the three-way shot immediately.

no, that's just what we call "badass"

Gunslinger-08
Nov 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
Rangers got robbed of shotguns. I'm not talking about the PSU kind of shotguns, either. That was the first thing I noticed when I made my RAmar. As for classes, just play what you like. I'm happy with my RAmar, even if I don't do that extra damage a RAcast does.

Arikado
Nov 18, 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm having a blast with my RAmarl.

100/100 Power Materials.

96/1/1/2 Blue Chato.

Some decent 6 stars Rifle.

Level 80 now.

My damage is fine, everything dies pretty quick even though i'm not using any PAs.

Rangers ftw~

EDIT: B> Yasminkov M109 (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=195)

Mute City
Nov 18, 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm loving my RACast.
With a pair of Blue Bullettas, grinded to max level, and the Celebrity element added on, I'm out damaging almost every other class I play with. Only forces can keep up with me.
A hunter might hit an enemy for 120 or something, meanwhile I'll be doing 75-80, sometimes even more, damage per hit with my mech guns.