PDA

View Full Version : Special Weapons with the Charge Attribute?

Gimph
Nov 16, 2009, 10:28 PM
Anyone know any, aside from the Vjaya? Vjayas are really great weapons, but they're sort of expensive, as far as casting their special attack goes. I may be wealthy, but Meseta doesn't know on trees! ^^;

Thanks in advance! :D

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2009, 10:30 PM
Use charge mechguns, buyable from shop after lv150.

SStrikerR
Nov 16, 2009, 10:42 PM
Charge Vulcans, to be exact. Other than that, Charge diskas and gugnirs are useful.
(But you want these all with high hit, 50+)

MetaZedlen
Nov 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
Nobody mentions the Baranz Launcher?

It's a pretty decent alternative if you're a RA with nothing better to use.

Gimph
Nov 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, my HUmar wouldn't be able to use a Baranz Launcher, but I appreciate the input. *Sigh* They really need more Special Weapons with Charge. Anywho, I have a really stupid question for you all, considering I'm level 161, but here goes! :-P

What do the percentages do? Like, Native, A Beast, Machine, Dark, Hit? ^^;

Dhylec
Nov 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
What do the percentages do? Like, Native, A Beast, Machine, Dark, Hit? ^^;
PSOW is still the most comprehensive site for PSO even after all these yeas. You ask, so prepare to read up...
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Weapons&secver=1

Gimph
Nov 17, 2009, 06:44 PM
Okay, that's simple enough... I guess. ^^;

So, it says area %'s just add that percent to the ATP... Does that mean that the weapon's hit % adds that amount to your ATA while that weapon is equipped, or did I miss something in that list of tutorials?

SStrikerR
Nov 18, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, when it comes to hit just remove the % symbol and that's how much extra ata gets added on.

ViewtifulJoe
Nov 19, 2009, 03:15 AM
Yes, when it comes to hit just remove the % symbol and that's how much extra ata gets added on.

And, since ATA is far and away the most deflated stat (hunters get ~5 ATP a lvl and 1 ATA every other level) Hit % on weapons have a HUUUGE effect. My Hunewearl has a Red Handgun with 25 hit, a Demolition comet with 35 hit, and a Chain sawd with 20 hit, and those weapons neutralize the hunewearl's really bad natural ATA, with the help of some God/Arms.

Gimph
Nov 19, 2009, 07:37 PM
Woo, I just purchased a charge vulcan with 25% hit from the weapon shop. Too bad I can't use Gallon's Shop or anything like that to increase it.

Anyway, thanks, everyone. I feel like I know a lot more on the subject now. Forgot how awesome this site is. :-P

One more question though... Is there any way of altering what the shops sell, attribute or otherwise? I'm curious if I should be piping and searching the shop, or playing through Ultimate Ruins for a pair...

Splash
Nov 20, 2009, 03:45 AM
Search through the shop for a 50% hit one, which is more than satisfying enough.

DreXxiN
Nov 25, 2009, 05:42 AM
You can manipulate shop items by piping, or alternatively, you can run a quest in Episode 4's Side Story in Solo Mode called "The Restless Lion" to get some pretty good uncommons.