PDA

View Full Version : Development Team?

Sinue_v2
Nov 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
I am assuming it's Sonic Team considering the prolific PSU references/inspiration on some aspects of the game. But when I was talking to Fireclad on XBL tonight, I noticed that I didn't see the familiar Sonic Team logo anywhere on the box or in the game (might have missed it in the credits). In fact, I didn't see any development team listed.

So did they farm this game out with ST oversight, or is this a new policy for all Sega games? How likely is it that Sonic Team or Sega management decide to leave the iconic logo off of the game due to the reputation for poor quality games they've gotten of late? Sonic sells himself, but "Sonic Team" isn't a name worth half the meseta it was back in the Dreamcast days. Perhaps a move to drop the name for increased sales, put out some good quality titles (like PSZero), and then ease back into their label with a restored reputation.

Anyone know the real reason why?

landman
Nov 17, 2009, 11:31 AM
It's developed by sonic team, they just don't show their logo in all games since they technically haven't existed for the last years, they are named Global Entertainment R&D Department.