PDA

View Full Version : Playful Mag

koikaze
Nov 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
I try and try but I can't seem to get a playful mag >.< Any advice?

twiztidsinz
Nov 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
Keep trying... :P
I got 3 in a row (while looking for a Healing lol)

Jaygusis
Nov 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm pretty positive the nature of the Mag is determined when you get it, before you even give it any items. So in order to get a specific nature, you got to just keep raising different Mags to level 10, until you get the one your looking for. Also if you buy it from the sewer they'll all be the same nature, until you leave and come back.

sylwyn
Nov 18, 2009, 10:41 PM
^ yep mags have predetermined natures once you get it. When I was hunting for a nature I grabbed 5 photon drops quit game > save. Reloaded and bought a mag, if it wasn't the color I wanted I quit game > don't save and repeated the last steps.

When I got the color I wanted I bought some weapons and raised it to 10 if it wasn't the nature I wanted I quit game without saving again hehe~

I did this while I was doing my homework so not much time lost there. :-D

koikaze
Nov 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
Ok so I spend a day (over 30 tries) trying to raise a Blue Mag that I bought from the store with my RAcaseal. I could get all the other 3 natures but not playful. I was able to buy other colors and get a playful mag, but I wanted blue. I thought it might be the class so I made a new character HUmar and on my 1st try I got a playful Blue mag. I don't know if I just had horrible luck or what but I'm happy now.

steirina
Nov 19, 2009, 12:02 AM
I've been trying to get another one too.

I'm pretty certain nature ISN'T determined by diet or what stats you raise. I fed HU weapons, armor and mates to a Mag that got a healing nature. So I tried the same diet that yielded my first playful Mag [just mates], but this second one turned out to be healing as well.
Aside from that, another Mag I raised for Mind/Guard by feeding it FO weapons and armor turned out with a healing nature.

As such, maybe sylwyn is right and Mag natures are predetermined once you acquire them. Or maybe it's something obscure, such as the time between feeding that determines it. Or maybe it's randomly chosen once it reaches level ten.

twiztidsinz
Nov 19, 2009, 12:03 AM
Ok so I spend a day (over 30 tries) trying to raise a Blue Mag that I bought from the store with my RAcaseal. I could get all the other 3 natures but not playful. I was able to buy other colors and get a playful mag, but I wanted blue. I thought it might be the class so I made a new character HUmar and on my 1st try I got a playful Blue mag. I don't know if I just had horrible luck or what but I'm happy now.Grats!
I don't think race/class make any difference.
However, I'm pretty convinced that games like this are evil and have some sort of extra sense that they use to find out what you want and give you everything BUT that.

koikaze
Nov 19, 2009, 12:34 AM
Diet does NOT determine nature.
Nature is determined when you obtain the mag.

I did many tests. Once I got a mag, no matter what I fed it, or when I fed it, once it got to level 10 it would ALWAYS come out being the same nature.

twiztidsinz
Nov 19, 2009, 12:51 AM
I think what you feed it can effect it's 4th Tier Nature.
But then again, you can always switch between the two by feeding.

GUARDIANDNL
Nov 19, 2009, 08:19 AM
like all here...i´m looking for a hungry mag... my first mag turn out to be playful...5 i get after turns out to be timid natures (lol it feels like raising eggs on pokemon to get the correct nature and iv´s)