PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl vs FOnewearl (or looks vs efficiency)

StaticWings19
Nov 18, 2009, 11:24 PM
woo hoo more clutter to the forums!

so ive been playing with my hunter for a bit now and i want to get started with a force.

i know that FOnewerals are famous for their complete and utter rapage but i also feel that a bit of compitence in melee is a usefull thing to have under your belt(dress)

theres also the fact that i find most of the costume designs in this game rather lacking but have found a FOmarl that i like. (lazy ass charactor creator)

so what do you guys think? is it better to go for all out rape and ignore the charactor designs and lack of melee, or would you rather have some competence in melee and have an awesome looking charactor?

Allison_W
Nov 18, 2009, 11:31 PM
Have the character you want to have--if the FOmarl looks better to you, go with her. It's not as though you'll suck--just load up on mind mats and Mind stat on your mag (unless melee is a big deal to you, which it sounds like it is, in which case you might want to use some HP materials to close the HP gap with FOmars and perhaps keep a mag with some Guard around).

As far as "competence in melee" goes, remember that MST powers rods, wands, and slicers (really a ranged weapon) this time around. A FOnewearl would technically do more damage with those weapons, but she does have weaker defense and fewer hit points.

As far as "rapage" with techniques goes, FOnewms are probably better at it all-round than FOnewearls--FOnewearls have the highest MST and a 25% boost to Megid (and a 30% boost to Resta), but FOnewms are right behind them in MST and get a 15% boost to all attack techs (though they pay for it with a 30% penalty to Resta). FOnewearls definitely have the best Megid, though. As for FOmarls, they get a 25% boost to Grants and a 30% boost to Resta.

sylwyn
Nov 18, 2009, 11:38 PM
Decisions decisions, the Milk maid/nun or the chibi bunny girl? What to choose? D-:

twiztidsinz
Nov 18, 2009, 11:39 PM
My FOnewearl, "LOLi". She's just Lv5:
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/twiztidsinz/Games/PS0/pso.png

While leveling her up, I ended up using quite a bit of Melee at first, and it didn't seem all that more difficult to kill enemies than my HUmar, although she was MUCH more fragile.

sylwyn
Nov 18, 2009, 11:42 PM
my sister just named hers that earlier today. o.O
Or was it Lala something or other, I forget hehe.

Zephton
Nov 18, 2009, 11:48 PM
My FOnewearl, "LOLi". She's just Lv5:
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/twiztidsinz/Games/PS0/pso.png

While leveling her up, I ended up using quite a bit of Melee at first, and it didn't seem all that more difficult to kill enemies than my HUmar, although she was MUCH more fragile.

http://www.cdupload.com/files/13786_ujhro/pedobear_drool.jpg

SebZero
Nov 18, 2009, 11:50 PM
Why must FOnewearls always be the Token Loli?

ツカガミ
Nov 18, 2009, 11:57 PM
Cos FOnies are Loli.

I dunno why but I prefer PSZ FOnies over PSO Fonies.
Sure in PSZ they're less variety in design, but in PSO they look like a clown or something.

twiztidsinz
Nov 18, 2009, 11:59 PM
Why must FOnewearls always be the Token Loli?It makes the tentacle rape scenes that much more awesowrong.

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2009, 12:04 AM
In the art they are anything but loli....

BIG OLAF
Nov 19, 2009, 12:10 AM
It makes the tentacle rape scenes that much more awesowrong.

Quoted for making me laugh out loud. I haven't physically chuckled to myself over a post in a long time.

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 12:13 AM
More on topic, I personally prefer FOmarls because they aren't overused.

StaticWings19
Nov 19, 2009, 12:23 AM
Cos FOnies are Loli.

I dunno why but I prefer PSZ FOnies over PSO Fonies.
Sure in PSZ they're less variety in design, but in PSO they look like a clown or something.

yeah but in my opinion its better to be a diverse clown than an identical loli!

More on topic, I personally prefer FOmarls because they aren't overused.

i think thats what im going to end up doing. i always seem to get backed into corners so its good to be able to bludgeon my way out if nesisary!

koikaze
Nov 19, 2009, 12:29 AM
There is more of a difference between the male forces and the female ones than just between the females. Either of the two is going to do the job. There is a ton of room for stat customization in this game (Slots, Mag, Materials, not to mention the force weapons add to MST). The +% to certain techniques is going to hold a lot more weight than say 100 MST. Pretty much in this game you just pick what level of techniques you want ( level 0, 10 or 15) and if your class can use the weapon that you want.

kirtblue
Nov 29, 2009, 12:54 AM
i like the fonewaerl because i like the high pp she has allowing me to cast for days before i gotta use a fluid and the cuteness doesnt hurt