PDA

View Full Version : Getting this tomorrow morning, anything I need to know?

gh_floc
Nov 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
Hey there!!

I'm getting this tomorrow morning, I have read up on it and watched a bunch of videos. Loved LOVED LOVED PSO, had two characters that made it to level 200. Spent hours upon hours on that game.

Anyway, any quick tips? advice? warnings? etc.

Thanks in advance

koikaze
Nov 19, 2009, 12:38 AM
Don't make any plans. Also, make sure to eat and sleep.

Mike
Nov 19, 2009, 12:40 AM
Things work differently than they do in PSO. Keep that in mind. Especially when you're raising a mag.

zling
Nov 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
focus on single player untill you beat story mode then start going online alot.

BIG OLAF
Nov 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
I agree with koikaze. PS0 is definitely the best game that's come out for the DS in a very long time. I knew I was going to like it, but I wasn't prepared for how much I would like it.

As far as advice goes:

1. Be prepared for long, uninteresting (after a while) cutscenes.
2. Don't lose your mind when you find a rare. They're quite easy to attain.
3. Have fun. PS0 is, as I stated, one of the best (if not the best) DS games to come out in the past couple years.

As for the online, I don't use it too often (mostly because I haven't anyone to play with, and I don't approve of playing with "random joes" in matchmaking). But, that's just me. Do what you want.

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 01:02 AM
First off, don't be afraid to use your monogrinders on your level 5 weapons! Because you find a whole ton of monogrinders and they don't work on weapons of a higher level than that, so you may as well get the best use out of them.

Second, keep in mind you can feed pretty much ANYTHING to your mag.

Third.... uh, have fun I guess.

It's a really great game.

BIG OLAF
Nov 19, 2009, 01:04 AM
First off, don't be afraid to use your monogrinders on your level 5 weapons!

You can only use Monogrinders on 1-3* weapons. 4-5*'s require a Digrinder. 6-7*'s, a Trigrinder.

NOTE: Digrinders and Trigrinders will work on a lower ranking weapon.

pixelstar
Nov 19, 2009, 01:55 AM
Find people to play it with. It's where the game is at its funnest.

That said, single player story mode was unexpectedly fun for me too, I found myself actually enjoying the story and liking the chars which I wasn't even expecting to. It's also kind of required to play before jumping online anyways.

Free matchmaking mode isn't bad, or at least I haven't had any bad experience with it other than someone getting disconnected once.

It's fun so enjoy. ^^

Gobbo
Nov 19, 2009, 02:04 AM
I agree with Zling, Story mode is essential to unlocking the stages online. I have yet to play online other than free mode and am currently looking for some guys/gals to play with lvl 25 FOnewm.

Mute City
Nov 19, 2009, 02:28 AM
First off, don't be afraid to use your monogrinders

It's a really great game.

This. This. This.
I saved up my monogrinders thinking "oh i'll save them when I get a really good weapon".
Now I have 59 takin up space in my trunk with nothing to use them on, cause all of the 'really good' weapons require at least a Digrinder.
Monogrinders are pretty much useless, so yeah, don't be afraid to grind that StunEin Saber.

zetagear
Nov 19, 2009, 03:32 AM
This. This. This.
I saved up my monogrinders thinking "oh i'll save them when I get a really good weapon".
Now I have 59 takin up space in my trunk with nothing to use them on, cause all of the 'really good' weapons require at least a Digrinder.
Monogrinders are pretty much useless, so yeah, don't be afraid to grind that StunEin Saber.

dont forget armors can be grinded too

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 03:50 AM
You can only use Monogrinders on 1-3* weapons. 4-5*'s require a Digrinder. 6-7*'s, a Trigrinder.

NOTE: Digrinders and Trigrinders will work on a lower ranking weapon.

By level 5, I meant you need to be level 5 to equip them. Which are the 3 star ones.

Squirrel3D
Nov 20, 2009, 11:53 PM
focus on single player untill you beat story mode then start going online alot.

That's exactly how I'm doing it too. I just got the game earlier today and already I feel lost in terms of the controls and some of the gameplay aspects. So I'd rather play it safe for now and learn how to play through the story mode before getting myself into any online action with any of you.