PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find the English code for the Testarossa?

Zero Revenge
Nov 19, 2009, 12:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=23

So I found this wonderful weapon while surfing the Weapons Database.

And uh... I put in the code, and it didn't work.

So. You guys have had the English game longer than me [by all of 8 hours, but that's alright] so, anyone know the English Code?

Zomg. She's named after one hell of an adorable character:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/ZeroRevenge221/Fate%20Testarossa/6f4c1f5657618ac6ade2b96530609027.jpg

BIG OLAF
Nov 19, 2009, 12:58 AM
I don't believe there is one, Zero....I don't believe there is one :cry:. We must make another grave for the Testarossa, alongside the Dokkan Cannon, and Samus' Power Beam.

Zero Revenge
Nov 19, 2009, 01:04 AM
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

No God, why!?

---

Ugh. God dammit. That's so stupid. Why remove the item? What benefit is there from that!?

GeoSword
Nov 19, 2009, 01:10 AM
The Testarossa is not the same one that Fate is holding. The Testarossa in PSZ is just a saber with a wide blade and golden hilt. Though I forget where it was collaborated from.

zetagear
Nov 19, 2009, 01:10 AM
copy right issues i guess

Niered
Nov 19, 2009, 01:16 AM
I don't believe there is one, Zero....I don't believe there is one :cry:. We must make another grave for the Testarossa, alongside the Dokkan Cannon, and Samus' Power Beam.

i'm finding it next to impossible to believe that these weapons simply dont exist. Either the codes simply don't exist yet or they might be a drop.

Theres also the possibility that although the weapons cant be obtained, they still exist in the games code (very likely, as outright deleting information after its been put into a finished game is a pretty big no-no, thats the reason why we still end up with stuff like GTA's "hot coffee").

So even if it is impossible to get legitimately, I would be very surprised if it simply doesnt exist.

P.S. I know that the weapons from the vending machine change into generic ones when swapped from a JP cart to a US cart, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything more than SEGA trying to keep people from getting content here in the West before theyve actually "released" it. One way to test this would be to get a JP user and a US user to play together, and have the JP player pull out something like the Power Beam. If it displays the correct gun on the US players side, then at the very least the gun's skin exists. It's not necessarily a sure-fire way of checking if it exists, but it might work.

Zero Revenge
Nov 19, 2009, 01:29 AM
The Testarossa is not the same one that Fate is holding. The Testarossa in PSZ is just a saber with a wide blade and golden hilt. Though I forget where it was collaborated from.

I know that. I'm just saying that the sword is perhaps named after the adorable character that is Fate Testarossa.

twiztidsinz
Nov 19, 2009, 02:29 AM
We must make another grave for the Testarossa, alongside the Dokkan Cannon, and Samus' Power Beam.I'm pretty sure no items were removed from the US version... just renamed and reskinned (see bottom for my reason why).
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Nintendo of Japan (NoJ) and Sega Corp [Japan] having a licensing agreement that Nintendo of America (NoA) and Sega West [America/Europe] do not.
While NoJ and NoA are both parts of the same company, same with Sega Corp and Sega West, they operate in different countries and have different restrictions based on the country they are from.

Theres also the possibility that although the weapons cant be obtained, they still exist in the games code (very likely, as outright deleting information after its been put into a finished game is a pretty big no-no, thats the reason why we still end up with stuff like GTA's "hot coffee").
P.S. I know that the weapons from the vending machine change into generic ones when swapped from a JP cart to a US cart, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything more than SEGA trying to keep people from getting content here in the West before theyve actually "released" it.I'm pretty sure what that means (the item reverting to a generic) is that the ID for the item has been changed.
For example:

Japanese Version US/EU Version
3063 Famitsu Magazine 3086 CONSOLES+
3064 Nintendo Dream 3087 InGame:Greg&Kiri
3065 Gemaga 3088 Game Master
3066 Nintendo DS 3089 Nintendo Power

NOTE: Numbers are NOT from the game, I just made them up to make a point!Since each item is the same (same stats, just different name/look), and the items are incompatible with eachother, when translating the game they probably just changed the Item's ID. So when the game attempts to look up "3063" the Famitsu Magazine, the entry is missing since it was changed to "3086".
This brings up a good questions...
If that is the case (and I still think it is), how does the game convert the sprite when playing with someone from a different region?
I've heard that if you play with a Japanese player who has, say 'Nintendo Dream', it will change the sprite to 'InGame:Greg&Kiri'. However if that were true, then it should be able to convert the items just fine (and would probably mean that Item IDs aren't changed, or there is something redirecting to the new address).
I'll address this more in the next blurb.

One way to test this would be to get a JP user and a US user to play together, and have the JP player pull out something like the Power Beam. If it displays the correct gun on the US players side, then at the very least the gun's skin exists. It's not necessarily a sure-fire way of checking if it exists, but it might work.I've heard mixed responses that it 'converts' the item to the US version (see comment in parenthesis above), but also that it just uses a default sprite/sprite from a regular weapon of the same type which I feel is a more accurate answer given that the "same" item exists in both games but cannot be traded between the two as either the original item, or the converted item.
Without seeing it first hand or speaking to someone who has specifically tested it, it's pretty difficult to find a definitive answer.

But I have to believe that since SOME of the items were re-skinned and re-named, they would do it for ALL of them rather than picking and choosing a few to do and removing the rest.

Niered
Nov 19, 2009, 02:33 AM
Hrm...I wish we could get something definitive. It seems utterly ridiculous though that Nintendo of Japan gave the go ahead for these weapons, but Nintendo of America wouldn't.

twiztidsinz
Nov 19, 2009, 02:38 AM
Hrm...I wish we could get something definitive. It seems utterly ridiculous though that Nintendo of Japan gave the go ahead for these weapons, but Nintendo of America wouldn't.As I said, it's probably a licensing agreement that in it's original form was only valid between NoJ and Sega Corp in Japan.
And since it many of the items were Nintendo properties, it's possible that Sega West didn't feel like it was worth it to get permission to use them in a different country, or just didn't bother asking.
Hard telling not knowing :-P
I love speculating as much as the next person, but there's just so much unknown about the changes that you'll drive yourself mad thinking about it and all the possibilities.

Para
Nov 19, 2009, 09:19 AM
Nuuuu I wanted Bardiche Assault :( JET ZANBER!!!!

Ryna
Nov 19, 2009, 09:34 AM
I remember reading recently that if a Japanese player tries to trade Samus's Power Beam to an English player, it'll show up as a Handgun for the English user. It wouldn't be too hard to remove the exclusive items from the game and insert some code to convert unrecognized weapons to 1* equivalents.

As for the Magazine items, we have good cause to believe they are reskinned and renamed versions of the original Japanese items. They have the same stats and tech bonuses.

TUSCAN
Nov 19, 2009, 11:15 AM
I just checked by linking my NA and JP copies together and when the player on the JP version pulls out the Power Beam it appears as a regular handgun the the player using the NA version. Sorry for the disappointing news.

darthplagis
Nov 19, 2009, 06:18 PM
i was a bit naughty and tried my AR cheats, i went right through the hand gun modifiers and a few above and below the main main list just in case SEGA hid it in there, but sadly no samus power beam, i may try going to the end of the item list and see if it has been cobbled in ontop of existing data, but as it stands the power beam is definatly not in the code for the USA version :(

yes i know i was naughty but i did it to see if it was there thats all

Allison_W
Nov 19, 2009, 07:49 PM
i was a bit naughty and tried my AR cheats, i went right through the hand gun modifiers and a few above and below the main main list just in case SEGA hid it in there, but sadly no samus power beam, i may try going to the end of the item list and see if it has been cobbled in ontop of existing data, but as it stands the power beam is definatly not in the code for the USA version :(

yes i know i was naughty but i did it to see if it was there thats all

That isn't "cheating," dearheart. It's what we call "useful hacking." Don't be so hard on yourself.

Sad to hear these wonderful toys got taken out of regional PSZ. :( I don't know why Sega can't port anything to the US without something being lost in the localization. It makes me fear that the collabs for PSP2 won't make it out of Japan, either.

Para
Nov 26, 2009, 10:22 PM
A minor bump to this topic but what's sad is that they make effort to change the code for the vender items but not fix the gunblade glitch.

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 01:38 AM
A minor bump to this topic but what's sad is that they make effort to change the code for the vender items but not fix the gunblade glitches.
Fixed.

As far as I know there are at least 3 gunblade glitches, and most likely several more.

Gunblade to Mechgun glitch,
Slice-Slice-Shoot glitch,
Shoot-Slice-Shoot-Slice-Ad Infinitum glitch

Zilchrion
Nov 27, 2009, 04:43 AM
Fixed.

As far as I know there are at least 3 gunblade glitches, and most likely several more.

Idk.. Slice slice shoot doesnt feel like a glitch.

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 11:19 AM

The second slash just has an infinitesimal downtime to it it seems.

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 02:25 PM
It is a glitch as after the second slash you move forward but when you fire off the gun you jerk back to your starting position. That couldn't have been intentional.

Zilchrion
Nov 27, 2009, 07:12 PM
The second slash just has an infinitesimal downtime to it it seems.

It only has that down time for another slash or a shot. Other than that you have to wait for the full animation before you can use an item, cast spells ect.

A little too coincidental if you ask me, despite the jerk back animation.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
Fixed.

Yeah the Gunblade to Mechgun is a glitch, and its game breaking but surely breaking into firing a gunblade mid melee combo is hardly causing anyone to rage quit the game is it? I like it, it makes Gunblades really versatile, not to mention the shot-melee-shot-melee isn't as easy to pull off as you make it sound. Oh well, I guess when it comes to bemoaning sega for not fixing glitches every nit is picked huh.

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
not to mention the shot-melee-shot-melee isn't as easy to pull off as you make it sound.
Just because Guile's glitches are next to impossible to pull off doesn't mean they aren't both useful and gamebreaking.

Shoot-Slice-Shoot could be useful provided you have good timing, but because of the powerfulness of the mechgun glitch most people won't be trying to master the Sh-Sl-Sh glitch. People who use glitches generally want the easiest way to excel at something, and Sh-Sl-Sh is most definitely not the easiest way.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 27, 2009, 08:19 PM
Well way back at the JP launch, when the mechgun glitch hadn't been found but pretty much everybody knew about shooting mid gunblade combo (because hell, if your finger slipped you'd discover the "glitch") lets just say games weren't full of people spamming it...