PDA

View Full Version : Will this fall into the problem PSO fell?

Zencidal
Nov 19, 2009, 06:17 AM
Some of you might now when PSO came out for the Dreamcast, Half the player population went crazy on gameshark and did all sorts of hacks before they went online. I was there at the time and it didn't feel fun anymore, that's why I only played offline on my gamecube.

I don't want people to start the same thing up with action replays on Phantasy Star Zero,

Hopefully some people on here will always play legit, including myself.

koikaze
Nov 19, 2009, 06:28 AM
It's hard to propagate hacked items because you can't just drop them on the ground in PS0. Also it shouldn't matter much since the best gameplay is done when everyone has each other's friend codes. I'm sure most people on PSO-World would agree that cheating is lame. Heck, there was a thread that was about why the gunblade glitch is wrong (I personally think glitches in the game like that are fine. It doesn't make the game not fun.). The glitches that I don't like in RPG games are ones where you can dupe items.

Donnikun
Nov 19, 2009, 06:28 AM
im also a strait edge gamer, meaning no cheat devices, no pirated copys of games (with excpetion of old old games that are no longer obtainable, like snes, and private servers of games no longer supporting online play like PSO) and no glitch exploition (im talking the kind of glitch that gives you god mode, like missingno in old school pokemon, but that is the developers mistake, so more power to ya in that case lol) But AR codes i do not condone, except in the most extreme cases of data restoration, where you lose all your data to corruption(kind of like the difference between cosmetic and reconstructive surgery) but i lost my PSO data once, and i just started over with a frown and earned it all back lol.

anyway im with you, i hope that does not happen, but you saw what happened with my anti-piracy thread, most likely this thread will suffer the same brutal flame warring and eventual lockage, but until then i shall fight by your side until the end, futile effort or not.

*raises slicer in defence and charges up zonde*

ready for battle!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 06:30 AM
Here's hoping as well.

Especially the console resetting, breaking, that could happen, in regards to the Dreamcast, that we don't need to go down such a road ever again.

Gamecube was a little more secure, with its own share of hex code created problems though.

GUARDIANDNL
Nov 19, 2009, 07:23 AM
the only way that hacking doesnīt affect your game is the solution that Donnikun give on the antipiracy thread (they really lock that thread Donnikun???) just play with your F.C companions...
on the play i wouldnīt be surprised to see people with hacked items or stats...
for testing every feature of the game i tested the free play...and it was fun, lucky of me, no one was using hacked items or stats...that truly mess with the game turning to a boring game, cause the challenge is screw and the illusion fall apart.

HONOURING THE MEMORIES OF ADVENTURE AND FRIENDSHIP...
HONOURING THE ILLUSION OF DISCOVERY...
HONOURING THE HEROīS PATH...

DONīT SCREW THIS GAME WITH HACKS!!!

LONG LIVE TO FORCES!!!!!

darthplagis
Nov 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
as long as the hacks are kept underground it shouldnt be an issue, yes i know where to obtain hack codes, and yeah i have an AR (i play pokemon so i need it :) LOL) but i draw the line at item modding, money codes and PD codes are fine in my POV (meseta and PD's aint hard to farm, so its just a time issue to me) as are codes to allow constant mag feeds....... but i wont tell people how to do it, nor would i trade any mag that i have fed up in that way. the joy in the hunt is what makes PSO and PS0 so addictive, so why ruin the game with item hacks?

i full well remember the hacks you HAD to do in PSO due to PK'ers and NOL'ers (your meseta and weapon would be lost to them PK'ing for those that dont know, and if you didnt powerdown ASAP if you were NOL'ed then you lost your levels and most of your gear), PSO was ruined when the hacks became mainstream, and i really hope codejunkies dont post any 'official' codes for PS0

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 11:14 AM
The way I see it is that it's impossible to prevent people from using non-legit items. I'm not going to make a major effort at avoiding people using minor cheats, because it isn't impacting me personally. I'll find it a problem when they have hacked stats and are killing everything in 1 hit, and stuff like that.

It's also a bit of a life lesson: there will ALWAYS be the people that take the easy way, that have lied and cheated to get to the top and avoided all the hard work that you have done to get there. Just know that it'll bite them in the ass some day, and just don't let it impact you.

Arikado
Nov 19, 2009, 11:46 AM
You can tell by the player's actual skill at dodging/dpsing if he's an hacker/exploiter or not. :P

Zencidal
Nov 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
Epic Facepalm today,

I come home after a long day and sit down to play some random Wifi with some random people, I did normal and decided to do wetlands to help this person level up, I see a level 20 FOnewm and we go in, everytime he killed someone it was a level up, I think he walked out at level 50 atleast.

It was a major facepalm, I'm just bothered that people can't enjoy the game the way it was intended.

It was made for you to GRIND and spend MASSIVE HOURS on it, it's not a fps so why are these people bother playing it.

I'm trying to let it not impact me but it's just sad to see this, reminds me of the dreamcast days when everyone had like 100 level 100 MAGS everywhere I joined.

xSHiNOx
Nov 19, 2009, 03:28 PM
there are big cheaters out there right now creating weapons with photon arts and element % on them. beware when trading

Bungee950
Nov 19, 2009, 04:05 PM
People hack in every game. However, I think that people will be less inclined to hack in this one for a few reasons. First, no section IDs. Each character has the same probability of finding the same items. Second, it only goes to level 100. It won't be AS impressive to have a top-leveled character, so people will probably just play through to 100. Thirdly, characters get different drops, so it isn't like they are directly competing for items anymore.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 19, 2009, 04:09 PM
i will

pso_crash
Nov 19, 2009, 04:23 PM
It's so worth it to play w/o hacking. I guess not everyone like replayability

Zencidal
Nov 19, 2009, 04:34 PM
People hack in every game. However, I think that people will be less inclined to hack in this one for a few reasons. First, no section IDs. Each character has the same probability of finding the same items. Second, it only goes to level 100. It won't be AS impressive to have a top-leveled character, so people will probably just play through to 100. Thirdly, characters get different drops, so it isn't like they are directly competing for items anymore.

I understand what you're saying and you're right but it's like

Take a game like pokemon which is about grinding for the exp and take people who use gamesharks to get 99x rare candies. It just kills the whole game.

Donnikun
Nov 19, 2009, 05:12 PM
as long as the hacks are kept underground it shouldnt be an issue, yes i know where to obtain hack codes, and yeah i have an AR (i play pokemon so i need it :) LOL)

im a recent retiree of pokemon, well not permanatly, just for a while, played it so much, anyway i got all 493, even events without thehelp of AR, but i did trade, so probably got a hack poke and dont know it. i know the majority of players AR for completion only, which i personally can tell you it can be done without AR. I do understand though. Its very tedious, took me nearly 2 years to do it on diamond. i did not have wifi available for the first year i played it lol.

You can tell by the player's actual skill at dodging/dpsing if he's an hacker/exploiter or not. :P

actually im not quite sure what you mean, i dont hack at all, and i really suck at dodging, i dont have the roll equipped, im a FOmar, so i have foie, barta, zonde, fluid, regular attack, and resta set. works well for me, i dont need to dodge, i just resta when i get back up. Mostly i hurl my slicer and cast my spells at oppurtune moments. This method works for me, i hardly ever die, we all have our own styles of play lol.

I would assume a hacker can dodge and dps like no other lol, which ill try do do legit when i build up a HUnewm and up itsATK and EVP as much as i can, but i wont hack to do so.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2009, 05:23 PM

As has been stated, some classes just dont need to dodge. The newman hunters... anything short of an instant death is laughed off with a pittance of the PP pool through Resta. And high EVP helps a lot. Equip a slicer (Since really, there's not much excuse for the other FO weapons in the long run) and heal all your HP each cast if Shifta's up.

That being said, I find it immensely entertaining to use a shield on a HUnewearl, because half the attacks miss, and the other half only drain 10-15 PP. That, of course, is assuming its not easily dodged, in which case I roll away and laugh more. Had a great time pounding Rayburn with a Heart Egalta and Linear Shake.

Niered
Nov 19, 2009, 05:32 PM
That being said, I find it immensely entertaining to use a shield on a HUnewearl, because half the attacks miss, and the other half only drain 10-15 PP. That, of course, is assuming its not easily dodged, in which case I roll away and laugh more. Had a great time pounding Rayburn with a Heart Egalta and Linear Shake.

THIS.

HUnewm/newhearl + shield = Nigh unstoppable. Shields are easily the most badass things in this game.

darthplagis
Nov 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
im a recent retiree of pokemon, well not permanatly, just for a while, played it so much, anyway i got all 493, even events without thehelp of AR, but i did trade, so probably got a hack poke and dont know it. i know the majority of players AR for completion only, which i personally can tell you it can be done without AR. I do understand though. Its very tedious, took me nearly 2 years to do it on diamond. i did not have wifi available for the first year i played it lol.

sincere congrats on that, but when you are a 30 year old man with full time commitments (i am a full time carer for my disbled wife, so we cant travel to go to national events)and live in the UK where the download events get absolutly no press and are usually in a damn toys r us, its hard to fill the dex legit, thats the only reason i AR and have done since gold/silver.

and those who rare candy pokemon make them weak, they dont earn EV's so they wont lvl up properly. they did that back on GBC to stop cheaters winning by rare candy spam

but back on topic for PS0,

there are big cheaters out there right now creating weapons with photon arts and element % on them. beware when trading

there will always be hacks and its gonna be easy to spot them too, as most top tier weapons have set moves and effects, so apart from the over zealous %'s on hacks they will probably all have lvl 7 effects and possibly the wrong PA. this is what i was on about earlier, it appears google is the cheaters best friend. its a shame though that people must resort to doing this to enjoy the game. dont get me wron i know the codes and tried them out, i wont be using them on any of my guys but i like to know if the shit hits the fan and my DS blows up, i can get back to where i was quick :)

Hagaishi
Nov 19, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hacking dose sucks! But I cant lie.........I do miss my J-Sword from PSO on Xbox!

Java378
Nov 19, 2009, 06:25 PM
From the action replay codes I saw, none really add to the fun. Max stats and stuff won't help with the 100 floor eternal tower. That's pure player stamina.

Lack of Dodge skill does not equal hacking. I don't dodge i multiplayer with my alts. Mostly because I'm also on youtube, TV or something else. A lot of time I just stand there and let monsters build up my photon charge on purpose. People ask, "Are you ok?" Strangely enough, their levels are lower and they sk me this. Yeah I'm ok, my Hucaseal just has a scale armor +40 from another account and can take the hits on nromal with no problem.

I love playing normal sometimes to sit back and relax. Playing on hard, I roll like a coward all the time. Niered probably is shooting stuff and I'm running away to heal.

zetagear
Nov 19, 2009, 08:53 PM
noooo dont ruin PS0 T___T

Bungee950
Nov 19, 2009, 08:59 PM
I understand what you're saying and you're right but it's like

Take a game like pokemon which is about grinding for the exp and take people who use gamesharks to get 99x rare candies. It just kills the whole game.

I think that people who hack the games ultimately find it a boring experience. The challenge goes away, and hackers will eventually stop playing. Of course, there are hackers who are just assholes and PK and ruin other peoples' games for fun.

SquashDemon
Nov 20, 2009, 11:20 AM
That wasn't all of it though, now what I personally hope I never see again can be summed up in one onomatopoeia "BZZZZZZZZZZT" I speak of course, of the dreaded Frozen Screen Of Death (FSOD) not to mention, as I've seen with Animal Crossing, it is possible to brick someone's DS and/or game card with malicious codes, I know damn well the assholes responsible for such things are still alive and kicking, I just hope they don't care, or figure out how. I don't like defending my friend code like I had to with my guild card, I don't like having to constantly mistrust my closest friends and watch them evolve into game-ruining pricks drunk on some false illusion of power. I don't like how everyone viewed the open community as a treacherous place with the constant threat of someone out there who just gets off on FSOD/Corrupting whoever they meet, I could drop names here, but pathetic losers need no memorial.

darthplagis
Nov 20, 2009, 12:03 PM
FSOD was not all player based, it was an exploit in the code of the hardware (dreamcast unit not the game).

yeah the malicious codes for games are the worst part, but that is where friend codes may help, with online communities like this one there should be minimal risk...... hopefully

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
Friendcodes = fail imo... It makes it way too hard to tell when someone is actually online, and contact them, on the ds and wii. I have 4 people in my friends list i'd much enjoy playing with but, unless they tell me OUTSIDE of the game or system, I have no idea when they are on.

Arikado
Nov 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
The best is like using MSN or something to contact people, there's also a couple of shady IRC rooms but I haven't been in those yet nor I been online in PSZ. :P

Thank god the offline mode is pretty solid, saves a lot of hassle imo.

(Gotta say i'm a big soloer.)

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'd use MSN but then I'd have to use msn... It's the fact that you have to rely on outside services to make the system work that I'm trying to get at. The 360 got it down, easy, and such.

Arikado
Nov 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
I'd use MSN but then I'd have to use msn... It's the fact that you have to rely on outside services to make the system work that I'm trying to get at. The 360 got it down, easy, and such.Definitely with you on this one, PSP2 isn't that great either, you gotta use the software keyboard to chat which is a step back imo.

At least in PSZ you... write. :P

EDIT: But PSP2 has lobbies! That's better for sure for communication.

oramaman
Nov 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
I started playing PSO on DC before the servers went down. I don't think human life can become an more inferior than it was at that time. Just a bunch of little kids with gamesharks joining a game to NOL then heading back to lobby saying "LOL i am a hacker".

There were still a few legit players around and we had fun in our locked games. PSO on GC you simply had to go a less crowded lobby to find normal people. I ended up just playing with the same couple of people all of the time anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

Not too worried about cheaters on PSZ. More concerned with finding some people who are online the same time as me.

darthplagis
Nov 20, 2009, 02:00 PM
my point about friend codes was that hacks that could possibly break your DS, not just your game cartridge would be confined to the hackers as there is no open lobby system.

if there were then people would be going around joining random groups and doing the cheat for the sole purpose of killing other peoples DS's, for that i am thankful as i was NOL'ed and Bearnie'd a good few times by random idiots back on the DC.

also the only player skin mod i can find on the internet so far has to be used as you create your guy, so in game skin mods shouldnt be an issue :)

i have said before though, i know the codes but wont share (like id need to anyway) either code or item made through use of code, i love the PS series and want to have as much fun on PS0 as possible.