PDA

View Full Version : My brother is a tremendous fucking idiot

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 07:31 AM
So, he's been arrested three fucking times, for the same goddamn thing, his lawyer was fucking awesome and managed to get his sentence down to 5 days and 2 years of probation, but guess fucking what. Fucking dumbass violated his fucking probation.

FIRST
FUCKING
DAY
OUT

It was like "you gotta be fucking kidding me", I mean, I can't say I'm surprised he couldn't make it two years without messing up, but he couldn't make it one fucking day? Then again, he did manage to get a tattoo and run afoul of one of the other inmates during his brief stay, so I should've seen it coming.

He was staying at a friend's house, my mom had specifically asked said friend to keep an eye on him, and not let him get into trouble. It should be noted that all of his friends are fucking losers, he's a goddamned magnet for them, but I suppose birds of a feather and all that. Anyway, they promptly get drunk and decide to walk to Taco Bell, of course, he and his friends are too fucking dense to think "HMMMM, MAYBE WE SHOULDN'T WALK THE STREETS DRUNK WHILE ONE OF US IS ON PROBATION", but no, that would require a fucking brain, something they apparently lack.

I'm not gonna lay the blame on his friend, although I will say, he's a terrible fucking friend, letting his friend who's on probation walk with him while liquored up, especially when his mom, who only trusts a few of his friends (Read: two of them), SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED that he make sure to keep him out of trouble. Some fucking friend, if they must do such stupid shit, he could have at least said, "Hey, Shawn, wait here at the house while I go get the tacos.", or better yet, not have been fucking drinking.

I'm especially pissed since my brother still owes ME $300 for the shit some asshole stranger he let stay the night stole from me (he also got arrested for drinking and partying while he was supposed to be getting my shit back), to say nothing about the legal fees he's accrued from this ordeal, not to mention, he'll probably end up missing Christmas over this, when my sister is coming down here, and she and our nephew were looking forward to seeing him, but now they probably won't get the fucking chance.

All and all, good fucking game, bro.

I worry about his well-being, sure; he's my brother and I care about him, but I'm afraid I'm fresh out of fucking sympathy.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
There's only so much you can do for someone, family or not.
If I recall correctly, you're not even supposed to drink while on probation. :o
His first mistake was going back to the same friends.
Second, was drinking.
Third, was going out. I know if I got arrested, and a genius lawyer got me 5 days, I would stay home, praying, and I'm not a religious person at all. (lol).

I'm not sure if you wanted to just vent, or look for advice, but either way.
My first sentence is what I live by.
Help someone as much as you can, but when they don't stop and thank you, or even care what their friends or family does for them, and they only do the same shit.
Fuck em. Not much else to do.

Cut em loose. Let your brother feel that you're not going to be around waiting for him, while he continues to fuck up.
When he realizes what he's going to miss (your nephew, and someday when you have kids). He will miss his family growing up, and might not even get a chance to make a new family for himself.
It's a shame, but something he has to learn, and live with if he keeps fucking up.

Now, if you were just looking to vent; Don't worry too much about it.
You didn't say what he went to jail for, and I'm not going to ask, but I will say, if he's not going to learn from it, and he ends up staying for a long time, well, at least you tried.
Someday he will have to deal with his actions, not to other people, but to himself.
Then he will realize, "I fucked up".

Zero Revenge
Nov 19, 2009, 11:17 AM
Welp. Hope he enjoys long cold showers in front of other men.

He sounds like a complete fuck up. It's probably better that he's going to go back, despite the fact you're losing out on 300 dollars. But like you said, he's a complete loser.

Kent
Nov 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
I don't really get how people manage to have so little sense about them. How does it end up sounding like a good idea, to go do the thing you've been arrested twice for, already?

Hell, how did it sound like a good idea in the first place?

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:35 AM
Well, some people have no self control.
Some people also don't have the common sense.
I know from where I stand, I too don't understand it, but if you look at it in their eyes, it's almost like you'd be oblivious as to why you would do it.
It could also be because they give into peer pressure too easily.

We will never quite know why people do the things they do, over and over til they are gone forever.

Zero Revenge
Nov 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
I don't really get how people manage to have so little sense about them. How does it end up sounding like a good idea, to go do the thing you've been arrested twice for, already?

Hell, how did it sound like a good idea in the first place?

They just don't care. They're idiots.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
No, it's not always that they don't care.
Like the things I mentioned above.
I know I'm not a professional and whatnot, but for the last 4 years(excluding recently) I've worked at a mental health facility.
I worked on the kids unit for more than 3/4 of that time, and you learn a few things.

It's hard to explain, but as you keep seeing it, you realize, sometimes they just don't know how to handle a situation, and it's hard for them to grasp reality.

DreXxiN
Nov 20, 2009, 03:03 AM
Wow, it sounds like you are talking EXACTLY about my older brother on my mom's side.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2009, 06:18 AM
Wow, it sounds like you are talking EXACTLY about my older brother on my mom's side.
Another person stuck in an endless loop.

It'll take them to want to change and start making those changes, before any major change happens. Doing that part is hard, or hard to find among their daily routines and rut they've been in.

Sucks for those dealing with all the collateral damage and being trampled during it. So for what its worth, try to stay sane amongst all the turmoil Ronin. May these "my brother rants" cease altogether one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

DreXxiN
Nov 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
On the plus side, it can motivate you to be a better human being that makes more rational choices. :D

Weeaboolits
Nov 20, 2009, 08:29 PM
He lucked out like no one's business with this judge, they just gave him 15 days and another court date, telling him to be sure to attend those alcohol classes and get his GED. I'm amazed at how lenient they've been. Were we back in Muskegon they would've dropped the hammer on him a couple times by now, followed by an anvil for the probation violation. Then again, he might not have been picked up there, since the police don't do shit in that town.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2009, 09:57 PM
That's good enough news to alleviate more headaches.

I was going to say his good lawyer may not want to waste much time on him after getting written up/taken in for what he was just in court for. Possibly losing another person due to his failings, someone there to help.

DreXxiN
Nov 20, 2009, 10:03 PM
Wow, lucky guy.

Anyway, best of luck to him.

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 11:01 PM
He lucked out like no one's business with this judge, they just gave him 15 days and another court date, telling him to be sure to attend those alcohol classes and get his GED. I'm amazed at how lenient they've been. Were we back in Muskegon they would've dropped the hammer on him a couple times by now, followed by an anvil for the probation violation. Then again, he might not have been picked up there, since the police don't do shit in that town.

Well, like I said in my original post, it depends what he did, but I'm not going to ask what he did.

I'm sure if it was something like trespassing after being trespassed, or something silly like that (which doesn't seem to be the case since you have such feelings towards him), then I'm sure it's not a huge deal.

I cant tell you how many times I've been trespassed and went back(and never got caught thankfully).
Skateboarding apparently is a crime.

DreXxiN
Nov 20, 2009, 11:53 PM
Well, like I said in my original post, it depends what he did, but I'm not going to ask what he did.

I'm sure if it was something like trespassing after being trespassed, or something silly like that (which doesn't seem to be the case since you have such feelings towards him), then I'm sure it's not a huge deal.

I cant tell you how many times I've been trespassed and went back(and never got caught thankfully).
Skateboarding apparently is a crime.

Damn you skateboarding anarchists, gtfo my lawn! *cocks old-man Shotgun*