PDA

View Full Version : The eternal tower is grueling....

Itchee
Nov 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
...in the level of sheer monotony thats thrown at you.
I finished it on hard yesterday and it took me roughly 3-4 days. Mind you this is playing for an hour here, playing for 30min there, then sleeping my DS. I really dont know how some of you guys can sit there for 5-6 hours straight and do that. Its just so ridiculously boring.
I do think the concept itself is really cool...and I do like that theres a mission that really provides a lengthy timesink....but really, they coulda cut the floors in half and perhaps made it more difficult. It was a complete cakewalk going through as a 50 RAcast. None of the bosses were even remotely difficult...really, the only challenging rooms were the ones with dual missile boats (those are an exercise in precise dodging after you try to do as much damage to them as possible before the NPCs are obliterated and youre left alone). Also, i think my experience in there was weak due to the lack of anything good dropping. I saw all sorts of new guns drop, only to have 95% of them be without a photon art (really, wtf. I saw around 20 6* guns...only 3 of which had a photon art >_<). I did get alotta cool stuff my RAcast cant use (ugh), so if anyone who has my FC wants some shit, hit me up.
I really think this should be playable in multimode...would be far less tedious if I had some people to play with...

Akaimizu
Nov 19, 2009, 10:27 AM
I think the Eternal Tower is Single Player only. Still, I understand. I did the normal tower and it took me the same length of time. Oddly enough, when you're at levels like that, only the Hard and Ultra towers really give you the great rewards.

Itchee
Nov 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
The only reason I stuck it out was to open Super Hard offline mode. Its doubtful ill go to the top again anytime soon on any difficulty level....I like playing in multimode too much to be bored to death in single player like that.

Ice_ryu
Nov 19, 2009, 11:21 AM
I am now on floor 78 on Normal mode. Started yesterday, my eyes can't take it anymore, they burn. Will try to finish it later. However, stocking up mats, mono-digrinders and and meseta like crazy, so the run it worth it. But grinding is the word.

TUSCAN
Nov 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Remember that not every room has a gate, so sometimes you can skip a few rooms on a single floor. It doesn't shave off much time but it helps.

Arikado
Nov 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Saddest part about the Tower is that it's like the best EXP in-game in my opinion.

So yeah, now I like it. :P

(First time I finished it on Normal I didn't even knew you could exit the tower each 10 floors, THAT was a pain.)

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 11:43 AM
Part of me is looking forward to the tower, in a weird way. I'm not the kind of guy who bothers to take these challenges in games, but I enjoy this game so much and I'm sure I'll feel proud once I DO complete it. Plus good items.

Pewpew
Nov 19, 2009, 03:39 PM
O i didnt know eternal tower was ONLY single player. Damn ^^;

FeiRayne
Nov 19, 2009, 03:44 PM
Yep single player only. I just finished hard myself yesterday spamming Magical Sign wand PA on my FOnewearl. In 12 more lvls when she's 90 I'll try super maybe.

KingdomNeos
Nov 19, 2009, 04:10 PM
I haven't finished it on normal yet and am still lv 46 but wow if it took you that long on hard am not suprized O__O

Niered
Nov 19, 2009, 04:13 PM
Its really not that bad if you ask me. I beat it in around 5 hours, 3 hours in one sitting, finished it the next day. Its not so bad if you ask me, plus i filled up my entire bestiary by going through it.

pso_crash
Nov 19, 2009, 04:25 PM
I didn't mind the tower that much. It kept me off wifi tho

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 03:15 AM
I didn't mind the tower, I just beat it about 10 mins ago. But it is a really dedicated thing imo. You can go in and grind for a while for some good xp and such. But to actually finish it is really demanding of time.

Red Ring Ryko
Nov 20, 2009, 03:23 AM
It's a retarded roadblock to the next difficulty imo. 5 hours that straight up prohibit you from touching any other aspect of the game is just bad design. The activity itself is fine.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 03:25 AM
yeah... I won't be able to get the very hard mode stuff for a GOOD long time it seems. Lvl 54, have maybe half of hard mode done and it's the first half... not looking forward to the tower...

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 04:28 AM
In the middle of the tower now on hard. I have to say, as a 54 HUmar. This tower is a breeze. NPCs barely die.

HP is constantly over 90%, I only find myself using PAs on bosses. I use PBs only on bosses. Only techs I used in battle are Shifta/Deband and the occasional resta and anti when my NPCs get jacked up. No guns. just a double saber. I rarely touch my items and really, I only use mates/fluids from drops and not from my own inventory unless its an emergency. (Not looking foward to MT/DF)

Drops are actually really good as well, at least for someone like me.

Only issue with this quest are the dual rape bots.

THIS IS NOT MINES 2. GTFO YOU WANNA BE GARANZ FFFFFFFF.

Other than that, easy, somewhat monotonous, and extremely time-consuming. Not looking foward, but looking foward to Very Hard Eternal Tower. :V

Niered
Nov 20, 2009, 04:32 AM
THIS IS NOT MINES 2. GTFO YOU WANNA BE GARANZ FFFFFFFF.

Ahahahahaha! Indeed. The best part about those guys is when you find the rare variant. At first I was all scared, but then you find out there prototypes and vastly inferior to the normal ones. Oh sure they have better stats and more health, but they lack that one thing that makes the regular ones pains in the ass,

Rocket Launchers.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 04:55 AM
I hate attacks that take out more than 50% of my health in 1 hit, follow me for a surprisingly long distance, and can punish a badly aimed roll due to the massive wind down on the move.

Like seriously. You dodge wrong, and you get punished. You can't out run it so you HAVE to dodge. And even if you dodge right, you have the possibility of being punished by the wannabe garanz itself.

And this is just one. nevermind 2 of those fucking things. I'd hate to do an arena of nothing but those things oh godddddd fffffffffff

and it sucks fighting them as a HU with no long distance because they CHARGE THE FUCK OUT OF YOU AND PULL AN ULT OLGA FLOW alskdjfasl;dfjsdf

low damage attacks that have no knock down and hit extremely fast = your HP is gone in seconds.

I lost like 175HP in 2 seconds because of that charge attack. soooo gay.

get's my vote for most retarded enemy in the game. I'd hate to see an ultimate version of this dude. k;adfldsfasdfas

steirina
Nov 20, 2009, 05:08 AM
I didn't know that the Eternal Tower was single player only. That's kind of a letdown. Then again, given that some people need days to scale the entire thing, it's a bit understandable.

The normal Tower took me nearly six hours and I didn't touch PSZ the remaining day. I'm looking forward to doing it on hard though, so I can unlock the third difficulty mode. For some reason, I keep on dying at the quest boss for the Plant. And I'm at level 57. I hate this enemy more than the Rocket Launcher Bots right now. ._.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:12 AM
Garanz > Gundam.

For real. Gundam was lol.

Garanz is not.

Bitzen
Nov 20, 2009, 05:29 AM
Actually I like ET so much, after I finished it on normal and got to hard, I went straight to ET and just leveled there. Even got a Femini soul in the first floors on hard.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:34 AM
Even got a Femini soul in the first floors on hard.

It's people like Bitzen who are reason why we can't have nice things.

>:C

Ice_ryu
Nov 20, 2009, 10:24 AM
I finished the tower yesterday around 6, saved and shut my DS off, did not turn on again and went to sleep super early, it wore me out.

Sala
Nov 20, 2009, 02:22 PM
I gave up after third boss (lvl 48 or something i'm higher already) is it stupid that i gave up? (Hard btw)
I didn't got problems but it was really lame....

SpaceNinja
Nov 20, 2009, 05:02 PM
I've been doing this for about 3 straight hours now.... WTF this is ridiculous... eh im liking the drops though...

SakuraJr
Nov 20, 2009, 05:10 PM
XD I beat it on Hard and Super mode. Super mode isn't really worth it if you don't want to sit there for 9 hours straight but the rewards are decent. i only got 1 rare mag soul the whole time but it gave good exp and some 7* items ;3

Seasqwaa
Nov 20, 2009, 05:11 PM
It's people like Bitzen who are reason why we can't have nice things.

>:C

I got mine on the first few floors too!
However, you CANNOT blame me for that! Hah!^^

twiztidsinz
Nov 20, 2009, 05:26 PM
One of two thing is going to happen... Either I beat the tower -or-
I beat myself unconscious from slamming my head on my desk when I realize I still have ## levels to go.

Whoever designed this tower hates people.
Why else is it not possible to have save points in the tower, yet you can warp back to town after each of the bosses?

psofan219
Nov 20, 2009, 08:41 PM
:lol: @ twiztidsinz

The Tower's insane in length. Took me 8.5 hours to get to the top.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 09:14 PM
I think the tower might of been a nod from Sega to PSO vets saying "We didn't forget you guys."

that or they're trying to convert casuals into vets.

I can only love sega more and more for this quest.

twiztidsinz
Nov 20, 2009, 09:29 PM
I think the tower might of been a nod from Sega to PSO vets saying "We didn't forget you guys."So PSO vets like liner, simplistic, repetitive dungeons with a difficulty level that remains constant from the start?

psz ftw
Dec 13, 2009, 03:54 PM
i'm doing it on hard right now its not that its hard just long.

dudeanonymous
Dec 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
It has bored me too much to complete at any time ever...

fang09
Dec 13, 2009, 04:10 PM
i just beat the eternal tower quest today.:-its like 4x longer then dark shrine:-o

Assassin 45
Dec 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
I hate the tower. Well mainly hate that it's mandatory to get to SH difficulty. I beat it once on normal and hard and I've had enough. I don't like leaving my DS on all the time to do it. I was gonna buy another copy of the game to have more characters. I don't think I will now I can't imagine running this thing 6 times. If they come out with an AR code that just unlocks SH I might actually buy one.

Weeaboolits
Dec 13, 2009, 04:22 PM
The tower would be more fun if you could do it multiplayer, it were shorter, and maybe let you save your progress. It's not really hard, just a pain, especially with the mag cells only dropping on one difficulty, going through normal tower as a level 60 character because it's the only way to get an arkharz soul to drop is not fun for me.

Bearissoslow
Dec 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
I don't have a problem with the Tower so long as I have Youtube playing.

Assassin 45
Dec 13, 2009, 04:29 PM
The tower would be more fun if you could do it multiplayer, it were shorter, and maybe let you save your progress. It's not really hard, just a pain, especially with the mag cells only dropping on one difficulty, going through normal tower as a level 60 character because it's the only way to get an arkharz soul to drop is not fun for me.

No kiddng. Luckily I found 3 arkharzs in my normal run last night so I won't have to go lookin for those for awhile.

Krishaa
Dec 13, 2009, 04:41 PM
At first I thought the Eternal Tower was pretty fun, until I got to the 80th level. Then it got a bit rough. The only reason I don't completely despise it is because I'm a bit of an item whore, and you get some of the greatest items in the Tower :)

mid Knight
Dec 13, 2009, 05:06 PM
Quite frankly I find the Tower cruel in terms of rare drops. I think I just quite unlucky or I may not be the only one.
I played the tower on hard mode with my Hucast first and I got fair amount of good drops but that only because I didn't play any of the other locations in hard mode beforehand. By the time I defeated heaven mother, all the drops from her were all the same one I gotten when reaching to the top. Only the blackhawk that was new to me from her drop.
Some time later I play it again on hard mode as my ranger and gotten less new rare drops. After defeated heaven mother again, the only new rares I got were two Undulate's and a dragon wing. Undulate is cool since I use spear but they are useless to me since I was using Hemera Drill. I emit that tower run was worth while since I was able to get a black shard.
My third hard mode tower with my Hunewm was the worst. Three of the shoot/blade/force mothers didn't even drop a rare (red) item at all only greens and Heaven Mother drops were all the same stuff I gotten in the past. I felt that tower run was in vain since I was hoping to get Riverman Missouri or Akatsuki/ Yonohate Fu in that run.

mid Knight
Dec 13, 2009, 05:07 PM
Quite frankly I find the Tower cruel in terms of rare drops. I think I just quite unlucky or I may not be the only one.
I played the tower on hard mode with my Hucast first and I got fair amount of good drops but that only because I didn't play any of the other locations in hard mode beforehand. By the time I defeated heaven mother, all the drops from her were all the same one I gotten when reaching to the top. Only the blackhawk that was new to me from her drop.
Some time later I play it again on hard mode as my ranger and gotten less new rare drops. After defeated heaven mother again, the only new rares I got were two Undulate's and a dragon wing. Undulate is cool since I use spear but they are useless to me since I was using Hemera Drill. I emit that tower run was worth while since I was able to get a black shard.
My third hard mode tower with my Hunewm was the worst. Three of the shoot/blade/force mothers didn't even drop a rare (red) item at all only greens and Heaven Mother drops were all the same stuff I gotten in the past. I felt that tower run was in vain since I was hoping to get Riverman Missouri or Akatsuki/ Yonohate Fu in that run.

Edit* sorry for the double posts, the first one there was an error when I submit it and I submit again.

DoubleJG
Dec 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm on floor 70 of normal tower myself. I've been opening my DS and doing a few floors in between Modern Warfare 2 matches. It's been ridiculously easy, but it has a good payout of materials. At least they were 'creative' enough to change the color scheme of the tower interior every 20 floors.

Dnd
Dec 13, 2009, 07:27 PM
on floor 89 on hard mode right now, found a ton of 6* items but none really useful to me... guess the guns made good mag food :s, only started being a 'problem' with two missle dudes spawning at once... missles for 350 damage+burn hurts :/... glad i wont need to do it again for awhile

EDIT: The 6 (maybe 7) levels it gives + the ton of mats are useful.. but not doing the tower over two days again, too much free time this week

Layete
Dec 13, 2009, 07:40 PM
Admittedly, the tower is quite mind-numbing.
I've gotten to the point of just going through each room only half paying attention to what I'm doing. I get through the tower without thinking about how stupidly long and boring it is, and manage to multi-task while playing the tower. I also span it out over a number of days.
After a while it just goes into a rhythm of monotonous similarity, and you get used to it after so many runs.

I've been looking for a Femini soul there to no luck. I think I went to level 63 to 88 on the hard tower without finding a single Femini soul and am still searching.

Hatrix
Dec 13, 2009, 08:31 PM
The ET is no doubt grueling but It's also cool to me, every kind of monster is in there so you could find any item. And why would you want it to be shorter? The games small enough as it is

Dnd
Dec 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
Could of made it like the east/west towers from PSO.. those where awesome fun and very challanging to do, with only 10 rooms :P.

Anyone, can offically say been there done that. just beat the tower in hard after ~6:15.. those last 10 floors are quite intresting (zaphobos hit for 198 +poison :s) leveled up 8 times from 58-66 and didnt find an upgrade to my lv20 frame... dragon wing was the only 10 meseta rare (0 slots :/)

Cant wait for the super hard version =D

Pavichokche
Dec 13, 2009, 09:34 PM
Admittedly, the tower is quite mind-numbing.
I've gotten to the point of just going through each room only half paying attention to what I'm doing. I get through the tower without thinking about how stupidly long and boring it is, and manage to multi-task while playing the tower. I also span it out over a number of days.
After a while it just goes into a rhythm of monotonous similarity, and you get used to it after so many runs.

I've been looking for a Femini soul there to no luck. I think I went to level 63 to 88 on the hard tower without finding a single Femini soul and am still searching.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I decided to finally take a run for the top today and it's gotten pretty repetitive. I was playing WKUK clips on youtube while playing and I'm amazed how much attention I could pay to them :D

But yeah, I totally love the change in color schemes and really find the quality of the graphics astounding for the DS. You should take the time, while you're up in the tower sometime, to go look out one of the windows and notice how detailed the stuff outside and the textures of the building itself are...

Also, ironically enough. I happened to find a Femini soul on my run that I don't need, I'd gladly trade it (for whatever)

ironman24682
Dec 13, 2009, 09:59 PM
Take a look here and pick whatever you fancy lol, take as many as you want! (desperate for a femini soul XD) http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172007

Anti-Phoenix
Dec 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
It took 6 hrs for me complete ET on hard mode. I usually fight in every room until I realized that some rooms are optional... god I'm an idiot

ironman24682
Dec 14, 2009, 01:16 AM
At least you knew that you could go back to town to sell/restock then return to where you were after a boss...I found out about that AFTER I cleared ET on hard, I thought if you left the tower that was it...whoops. XD

Dnd
Dec 14, 2009, 01:17 AM
Same here Ironman... thank god for that 65 item storage on you i guess rofl

ironman24682
Dec 14, 2009, 01:27 AM
Ha ha yeah, although I'm glad I only got a handful of good stuff had everything been good I'd still be sitting at the top floor deciding what to keep and what to feed my mag/throw away. :P

On a side note, had to throw away all the armor I was gonna npc for some meseta. >.<

Dnd
Dec 14, 2009, 01:58 AM
I made 120k meseta and i wasnt even trying so to speak ;p. had like 22 slots free, gogo lots of 6* guns for wings

ironman24682
Dec 14, 2009, 02:10 AM
Nice, I only made about 100k (which all went away in an instant when I fortified 2 weapons lol), the sad part is I just got my end-game gunblade (Neidaryl-love it to death ^^) and to add a element to that is gonna cost me 120k >.< and fortifying it is gonna cost 250k! T_T

Side note: what element would be best suited for me? I'll attached heaven to it once I achieve all the titles but just wanna put something on it for the time being. I'm thinking Risk since I'm an evasion based HUnewearl so I'll do extra damage but they won't get to do extra damage to me since they can't (except on the few occasions) hit me. Any opinions?

Dnd
Dec 14, 2009, 02:17 AM
I Donno what element you should use, half tempted to change (for a 3rd time) the jellen to celeb on my daggers to help my somewhat lacking damage output without the hp loss from risk (iirc, they give the same boost per level in damage).
As i get hit often enough not to risk being killed from risk (irony) but that might be reduced when i get a better frame then a 3 slot Valiant frame +20 (at lv67 ._.)

ironman24682
Dec 14, 2009, 02:29 AM
Oh dang! o.O lol let me see if I got something in the bank you can use.

EDIT: somewhat good news and bad news: The somewhat good news is I have a 6* lvl.35 armor you can wear, the bad news is it has no sockets >.<

If you want you can take it (for free no hidden charges lol) and use it til you get a better armor, Try putting up a trade list and ask for a 4 socket 7* Ancient Robe. The Def isn't too bad (This is just what I'm using so you might wanna research a better armor with more Def for you) the Eva is great and it has 20% resistance to all techs. I see a couple of these going around and I'm positive you can get one without too much trouble.

Dnd
Dec 14, 2009, 02:49 AM
lol thanks, atm in shrine hard getting my ass kicked by a fomar, grants is awesome

Edit: finished that 'run' on free-play.. my god that force was powerful ._., anyway ill pass on that armour you have, currently have a 3 slot lv52 armour thats worse then the ground frame (spirit garb i think) and yeah that sounds decent, ill poke around for one soon then... currently online but on the main menu on wi-fi.. wanna see if this works now

ironman24682
Dec 14, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hope it does and good luck lol.

Donnikun
Dec 14, 2009, 03:47 AM
i finished normal and hard mode ET, and i got a femini heart out of it, so now my FOmar has awesome angel wings, really the hardest part is psychological, once you get into the tower its not so bad, the only thing is it is long, but taking short breaks every 10-20 floors really helps, just keep it on the charger and use sleep mode.

DoubleJG
Dec 14, 2009, 06:04 AM
Just cleared normal ET and got 2 Blue Sabers out of Heaven's Mother. No good %s though...

Feels good to have accomplished it. I'll take on hard ET in about 2 weeks and 15 more levels or so.

MinscTFA
Dec 14, 2009, 06:28 AM
Finished climbing the Tower of Druaga yesterday. My once level 39 FOnewm, now 44, managed to nab a arkharz soul for his trouble. Saw one Rappy spawn, only gave me PD's though.

Took me about 5.5 hours to clear, with out skipping a room. I did the same as Donnikun and completed 10-20 floors at a time. It's not at bad if you do it that way.

Now, time to start hard mode. Or... play ONLINE. *gasp*

ブルーベリー
Dec 14, 2009, 08:21 AM
Am I crazy? I did three runs in a row yesterday without sleep without breaks of hard mode ET. Got 2 Feminis and nothing else but materials and PDs. Some good percent things but I don't trade so thats irrelevent, since they were guns and I don't have a ranger. I'm in the middle of SH ET now. I got a Stun Stormer on floor 24. Woohoo?

Orrefe
Dec 14, 2009, 12:35 PM
I it possible for the Binary Saber to have photon arts linked to them? 2 dropped during my normal mode ET run, but neither had arts. Gave me a title though which I thought was pretty weird.

I enjoyed my ET run, but yeah, it did take me awhile. I think I could have done it in one day, since I kept saying, "I'll just do 10 more floors," over and over again. Completely unintentionally.

mid Knight
Dec 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
Am I crazy? I did three runs in a row yesterday without sleep without breaks of hard mode ET. Got 2 Feminis and nothing else but materials and PDs. Some good percent things but I don't trade so thats irrelevent, since they were guns and I don't have a ranger. I'm in the middle of SH ET now. I got a Stun Stormer on floor 24. Woohoo?

Join the club (I already posted my ordeal in this topic). Look like I'm not the only one who has been getting no worth while rares from the tower.

chriscox1121
Dec 14, 2009, 03:40 PM
if i've beat eternal tower on super hard (twice), do i have to replay it on hard with my other chars to unlock super hard for them as well?

Pavichokche
Dec 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
I cleared it for the first time in Hard mode and was a little disappointed because I was expecting something really challenging. But drop-wise I really can't complain. I got a bunch of 6* stuff that i hadn't gotten before, like 3 new gunblades and a bazooka and a few little other things. I got a femini soul and a TON of mats and grinders, as well as many many lv10+ techniques that none of my characters can learn...

But yeah, it really took a long time, like at least 5 hours. I leveled up like 10 times though!!! :D

SonicX580
Dec 14, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah I kinda like the eternal tower since I finished with it on hard yesterday I got a arkhaz mag soul 2 lord axeons (kai's special weapon), and lots of rare weapons like stormer draw and heart plus the experince points you get from it but I hate the length so much 101 floors is ridiculous other than that it's okay with me.

natan
Dec 14, 2009, 04:26 PM
i jus got the game last night and im a 14 right now

Assassin 45
Dec 15, 2009, 05:28 AM
if i've beat eternal tower on super hard (twice), do i have to replay it on hard with my other chars to unlock super hard for them as well?

Yes you do. That's what irritates me. It being mandatory to get to SH is stupid.