PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Endings (Spoilers, obviously)

Xyton
Nov 19, 2009, 04:48 PM
So I'm trying to figure out what the different endings are for story mode. I got Sarisa, wherein she basically says she wants to be with me forever, and that I'm all she needs to be happy. I would have transcribed it verbatim if I had known that was the only time I'd see it -- I thought I'd be able to play story missions again after I beat them all. I've heard that in Kai's ending, he basically pulls you aside and tell you he always knew you were something special. Anyone want to add any details to this? Anyone get either of the other characters?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 19, 2009, 04:53 PM
u can be kai? or do u mean human storyline

zling
Nov 19, 2009, 05:12 PM
i guess the dialog at the end changes depending on who likes you the most. also you get their wep and a title for it.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2009, 05:18 PM
i guess the dialog at the end changes depending on who likes you the most. also you get their wep and a title for it.

The friend titles, and corresponding weapons (Sarisa's does not give a weapon) are obtained by inviting the character to your party 50 times.

zling
Nov 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
well i beat story mode and got the sarisa ending, her wep and a title at the same time. maybe it was a coincedence

Night SSc7
Nov 19, 2009, 07:53 PM
I got the Sarisa ending, but no title or weapons

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 03:10 AM
When I took a look at the title guide I seemed to have seen that you can't get kai's weapon. Did I just read this wrong?

zetagear
Nov 20, 2009, 03:22 AM
while i was walking towards the mayor's office i got a black out then i woke up in a room completely naked and tied up to a bed while sarisa is doing her deed.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 03:23 AM
Did you at least tip her?

zetagear
Nov 20, 2009, 03:25 AM
i couldnt im still tied up to the bed...

Niered
Nov 20, 2009, 03:44 AM
Fucking hell pedophilia is rampant on this board.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 04:16 AM
Woah woah woah. Hold up Tex. I was simply asking if he was being a gentleman. Though... his comment was a little pedoish. And the argument that loli is really either robots or 302 yr old people caught in some time space parabola doesn't hold well in my court. Loli and pedo are seperated by a fine line sure, but they are different. I am no loli lover, but I can stand nothing less than closed mindedness.

Niered
Nov 20, 2009, 04:29 AM
I doubt most people are even aware of where the term loli comes from, but fine, if you want to make the distinction, its definitely there. Loli simply implies an attraction to younger features. A pedo would be one who is interested in girls well under the legal age limit (and no, im not talking about 17 year olds, were not toeing the line or bs'ing that arguement.)

But the simple fact remains, if I asked any body with no knowledge of the game whatsoever how old they thought that sarisa was, theyd say she has all the features of a 12 year old.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 04:56 AM
you guys dont even know how old Sarisa is. lmao.

she could be 50+ for all we know. Newmans age faster IIRC, you never have ever seen an old looking newman.

ever.

Niered
Nov 20, 2009, 04:58 AM
As if that matters. Sarisa's true age is irrelevant, its obvious she has all the physical characteristics of a girl well under the acceptable age for a grown man to be crooning over.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:00 AM
etna from disgaea says hi. <3

zetagear
Nov 20, 2009, 05:06 AM
help im still tied down on the bed

Niered
Nov 20, 2009, 05:06 AM
Etna is flat chested yes, but in comparison with Disgaea's style, she's not exactly pedo-bait. Virtually everyone in that game looks younger than they should. Although being attracted to her is still just creepy.

PSZ's art style has a much broader demographic of ages, kai, reve, and ema all look to be well into there 20's, dairon is easily 50, as are other towns residents.

Sarisa is obviously drawn to look 13-14.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:11 AM
you know, her personality attributes to her age. If she acted a bit more mature, I think more people would call her jail bait rather than loli.

lmao.

Also lol animu eyes. the bigger they are the younger the age.

gotta love that shit.

EDIT: any back on topic before this turns into sarisa thread: the sequal starting with next post.

Allison_W
Nov 20, 2009, 08:36 AM
On the topic of endings, I got an ending with Sarisa in which she went on about how happy she was to have me as a friend. None of the romantic inclinations of the OP. She's not my type, but my HUmarl needs a love interest, so I'm trying to figure out how to get that ending.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 11:22 AM
Did you eat the popcorn?

Allison_W
Nov 20, 2009, 11:33 AM
Not this time I didn't.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 11:37 AM
i just want kai's weapon! And to do the story w/o having to make a new char... that's annoying.

Allison_W
Nov 20, 2009, 12:23 PM
Incidentally, has anyone playing a male character gotten the "I'm happy to have you as a friend" ending from Sarisa? Because for all I know, that might be the issue.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 12:42 PM
I think I got that one? I'm not sure. I seem to remember her getting embarrassed and saying, ooh don't make me say it.

Allison_W
Nov 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
I think I got that one? I'm not sure. I seem to remember her getting embarrassed and saying, ooh don't make me say it.

That's not the one I got.

Maybe she's just straight. :(

Xyton
Nov 20, 2009, 11:16 PM
On the topic of endings, I got an ending with Sarisa in which she went on about how happy she was to have me as a friend. None of the romantic inclinations of the OP. She's not my type, but my HUmarl needs a love interest, so I'm trying to figure out how to get that ending.

I was playing as a HUcast, so yeah, I'm guessing that's what determine's it. I don't really think she's my type, either, so it was a little off-putting. Also, yeah. It'd be really nice to be able to do the story again without re-rolling. I want to get EXP on this character! T_T

zetagear
Nov 20, 2009, 11:35 PM
oh no the door opened im still tied down to the bed and its kai's turn HELLPPPP!!! x.x

Allison_W
Nov 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
oh no the door opened im still tied down to the bed and its kai's turn HELLPPPP!!! x.x

You have fun with that.

I take it there's never going to be an ending guide?

Xyton
Nov 23, 2009, 08:44 PM
I'd guess one will show up some day. If nothing else I'd imagine someone will get a text dump at some point and can pull it from that. ;)

Kishiin
Nov 23, 2009, 08:46 PM
I got Sarisa's ending as well, and for some odd reason I took pictures of the conversation on my phone (lucky o_O?) I can try to upload them when i can retrieve them from my phone if they're needed.

Para
Nov 23, 2009, 08:53 PM
I got Kai's ending for my HUnewearl.... Kai sounded like he wanted to be my life partner >_>

I don't know how you influence the endings though.

Omega_Weltall
Nov 23, 2009, 09:17 PM
i got Sarisa's as well, I wanted some of that Ana. But I also got Ogi's Chaos Cannon. Come to find out you can get that from a boss part.

Para
Nov 26, 2009, 03:06 PM
It seems like everyone got Sarisa... am I the only one who got Kai? can you get Ogi?

Aziel
Nov 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
I got Sarisa as my girlfriend on my HUmar, which I guess ultimately is the best match for the little twerp.
Wanna get some of that Ana on my HUnewm though. :wacko:

Xyton
Nov 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
Well, the strat guide lists all the conversation choices for each chapter, and some of the options have [name] +1 next to them, so I assume that you get whichever character you've built up the most points with. Also, if they are the opposite gender, I'm guessing you get the "love" ending instead of the "like" one (at least for Sarisa & Kai). Given that you don't get Ogi or really interact with Reve until later in the game, I'd guess their endings are less common for people. The next time I play through the game (which will be some time between now and the second Thursday of never) I'm'a go for Reve's ending, since he seems the least likely. I'll post it up here if that happens. ;)

Para
Nov 26, 2009, 04:05 PM
Where is this strat guide you speak of?

Xyton
Nov 26, 2009, 06:35 PM
AMAZON'd (http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-Official-Strategy-Guide/dp/0744011736/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259278517&sr=1-1)!

Allison_W
Nov 26, 2009, 06:56 PM
Sarisa's straight. ;.;

My poor, poor HUmarl remains single and lonely.

Also, yes, you can get an ending with Ogi or Reve, and those aren't gender-specific. Both of them are disappointingly platonic, I'm sure.

Aziel
Nov 26, 2009, 07:59 PM
Sarisa's straight. ;.;

My poor, poor HUmarl remains single and lonely.

Also, yes, you can get an ending with Ogi or Reve, and those aren't gender-specific. Both of them are disappointingly platonic, I'm sure.

Ogi: I am Bender please insert girder.

zetagear
Nov 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=953869&topic=52381014

found it on google