PDA

View Full Version : connections (spoilers ps/pso/psz related)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
the way i see it psz is a prequel to pso the way i c it in psz u kill dark falz then he gets hurled to ragol afterwards earth dies and people find ragol unlock falz and pso starts. but ive also been told that ps4 has an ending where falz is sent hurling into space (otherwords gets to raagol) so maybe psz is a prequel to those games and then the timeline would be PSZ, PS, PSO, and PSU is off all alone never to connect with other ps games

zling
Nov 19, 2009, 05:11 PM
actualy ps0 is a sequal. the pioneer project took place durring the great blank, its why the left earth. so this takes place around 200 years later.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
so they left on pioneer because of the great blank?

Randomness
Nov 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
actualy ps0 is a sequal. the pioneer project took place durring the great blank, its why the left earth. so this takes place around 200 years later.

Before the Great Blank, actually.

The events leading up to the Great Blank, as well as the Pioneer Project, were both responses to the same global crises. I assume Falz would probably have erupted out on Coral about the same time it was ravaging Ragol, assuming Pioneer I/II had faster than light (Which is evident given PSO's opening), since its traditionally a millennial event. (Falz being directly responsible for corrupting Mother Trinity and causing the Great Blank)

Actually, in that regard, PS0 would, sort-of, be a sequel to PSO, in that it almost certainly occurs at a later overall date. (Again, assuming Falz to be on a 1,000 year-ish cycle, and given that it is capable of multiple, simultaneous manifestations)

The other thing arguing for PS0 being later is that Zero's newmen are biologically stable, as opposed to having basically random lifespans in PSO (Which is explained by some random NPC on Pioneer II, if you ever bother to talk to them)

Finally, as to why the survivors of the Pioneer Project never return? I assume some cannibalization of Pioneer II occured... besides the belief that Coral was doomed, and so there was no point returning.

SEGA should make a game that occurs maybe 10-20 years after PS0, in which either data on Ragol is found at the moonbase or a probe from Ragol discovers survivors on Coral (Less likely, since Coral would still be desolate). Although... 800 years or so would be more likely, since it lines up nicely for the typical Falz rebirth. And actually give it a good story, like PSO Ep. I. (For those who followed all the little threads in the quests, it was actually fairly good, and I'm a fan of it's style of investigative/discovery plot development)

(Disclaimer:I have not played Ep III, so there may be some details slightly off regarding Ragol's future. I doubt it, though)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 19, 2009, 05:35 PM
wut is coral? btw y did people leave earth if it hadnt hit the great blank or anything

darthplagis
Nov 19, 2009, 06:10 PM
coral is/was our earth.

Forth18
Nov 19, 2009, 06:16 PM
in PSO the "pioneer project" was "a plan born of desperation, conceived in response to the imminent destruction of their home worlds." they sent probes into space and found ragol, and sent pioneer 1. pioneer 2 went then explosion happened blah blah blah.

in phantasy star zero, there is the destruction of the home world, earth. So I see psz as the sequel, but yet the first of a separate series that could intertwine. Zero could mean a number of things, and i wont go into the symbolism, but it doesn't say in PSO that it was a great blank, or anything as to why the earth was approaching eminent destruction. So we can't say 100% that they are the same, but we can confidently say and hope that they are the same.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
so psz is a seperate time-line where earth doesnt go splody.

Sinue_v2
Nov 21, 2009, 06:13 PM
coral is/was our earth.

Is it? There's still an apparent loose end.

Well, to begin, Coral was the previous name of the planet. It was renamed Earth after the Great Blank... so I'm doubting it's our "Earth".

Dark Falz on Ragol was sealed up in the alien worldship at the time of the Great Blank.. and Rico makes reference to him being a god that revives in the millennial cycle. How is he not only on Coral prior to PSO (infecting Mother Trinity), but also on Ragol? Further, how is he still on Coral 200 years after the Great Blank? If Dark Falz can manifest anywhere, then what is the point of freeing the Dark Falz aboard the worldship?

IIRC, there was a meteorite which hit Coral several years before the events of PSO. That meteor contained D-Cellular infections, and the scientists traced it trajectory back to Ragol. The "Pioneer Project" was a cover for the government's military scientists to track the infection back to it's source and exploit it. As a part of their goal to create a controllable bioweapon, they created the "Mother Project" - which was started on Coral as well as Ragol apparently. Osto Hoyle felt the Mother Project on Ragol (Of which Calus, Vol Opt, and Olga were the core AI's) was progressing too slowly and attempted to accelerate the progress with an intelligent biological medium. Heithcliff Flowen - Olga Flow. At the time Pioneer 2 arrived in orbit around Ragol, an archeology team breached the worldship's seal and freed an incorporeal Dark Falz. Rico was the only survivor of the blast of dark energy - and set out on her final quest that ended with her possession.

This still leaves the question... where did the WorldShip come from, and what does Muttz, Dittz, Poumn (SP?) mean? It seems to indicate a connection to either PS or PSU - with a PS connection sounding more reliable.

Dark Falz in PSO seems to mirror the Profound Darkness in Phantasy Star Classic. I wonder if they aren't still keeping the "connection" card on the table for a later date. It's possible that the World Ship and Dark Falz are from another dimension after the trials of the Alissa III or NeoPalm in PSIII. PSIII takes place after PSIV (or around the same time), so it's known that DF can survive the destruction of the PD. Perhaps the destruction of the PD in PSIV didn't so much "kill" it, as it did killing the PD's corporeal anchor - disrupting and destabilizing it's power. Dark Falz then became the new "Core" without an anchor. That's why it needed Rico - to replace the ambiguous (and apparently female) original core. Dark Falz in PSZero would be an extension of Dark Falz in PSO - in the same manner that Dark Force/Dark Falz in PS is an extension of the Profound Darkness.

Having lost it's new hosts in PSO Ep III with the release of Rico and Flowen when Falz & Flow clashed - the Ragolian Dark Falz was destroyed in a similar capacity to the Profound Darkness in PS. The remaining unsynchonized power of Dark Falz creating the "Great Shadow". Small samples of the dark infectious mass were called "Germ" and used in "C.A.R.D." technology. Yet, if DF can survive the destruction of the power which manifest it - then even PSO Ep III takes place at least shortly before the "Great Blank". Perhaps the Mother Project on Coral using the samples from the meteorite became the basis for Mother Trinity. With the destruction of DF in Ragol, DFjr in Mother Trinity became the new core - and influenced Trinity to initiate the Great Blank and retreat to the Moon so as to prevent it's further destruction.

And it seems as though the Trinity/Dark Falz on Coral/Earth has found a new chosen host - with Reve.

So it doesn't seem to me that Earth in PSZero is our Earth in the future/past. If there is a connection in the series, it cannot be our Earth - since, while the events are similar, the details are not symmetrical. Though it may also indicate that all three series take place in three separate but highly similar co-existing dimensions - with the Profound Darkness existing in a fourth prison dimension between the three. Three dimensions... three planets to seal the darkness. Gurhal, Algol, and some unknown system in PSO. In this way - Coral may actually be a multiverse twin to our Earth with an alternate timeline. Similarly, Gurhal could be a multiverse twin to Algol following it's alternate timeline. Or at least, there was a fourth prison dimension that has collapsed at the end of PSIV with the PD's destruction. This might also explain why the Great Light has gone completely MIA, with not even Le Roof on Rykros (a representative of, or a member of the spiritual race) knew what happened to them. It/They were in a different dimension.

There's probably more to say on the subject, but I'll leave it here for now and see what else anyone has to add to or correct me on so far.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2009, 06:21 PM
I like Sinue's explanation/theories. I've never really thought about Phantasy Star's canon, considering that when I write my many fan-fics, I follow my own canon. However, I don't know why people question: "why is Dark Falz *here*, when he was *there*, too?"

Simple answer (I'm sure someone will argue with me, but w/e): Dark Falz is the motherfucking God of Destruction. He can do whatever the hell he wants to.

Zantra
Nov 23, 2009, 12:37 PM
I don't think that it really matters...
But, due to bad translations of all of the old games, and changes to the overall story...
I think it's safe to assume, that even if the games are all connected in some way.
It's probably going to be a real pain in the ass for American fans to figure out.
I mean... in the Japanese version of PS0 is Earth called Earth?