PDA

View Full Version : Any differences between the JPN and English version?

the_importer_
Nov 20, 2009, 09:51 PM
Have they added anything?
Have they removed anything?
Have they improved anything?
Have they left the Japanese voices in there (option, DS language trick)?

Thanks

xSHiNOx
Nov 20, 2009, 10:00 PM
not much difference.

- intro music was changed
- changed the nintendo items into generic items though they still seem to be in the game according to the guidebook. they probably have different passwords
- voice changes for story characters and grunts for created characters

Blood Raven
Nov 20, 2009, 10:02 PM
Have they added anything?
Have they removed anything?
Have they improved anything?
Have they left the Japanese voices in there (option, DS language trick)?

Thanks

They have removed some machine items and potentially dropped items. It is kinda unclear since they translation of names from game to game is a bit different but stats remain the same.

The rest I am too unsure of to answer but I have heard music was changed but not sure about voices.

Zabrio
Nov 20, 2009, 10:04 PM
Just a few i've noticed/remembered so far
The Nintendo series weapons are gone (Hylian Shield, Samus cannon, Mario Pipe..ect)
Japanese Game magazine's replaced with American ones
Doppel Scythe costs 30 pds in sewers instead of 10
and i'm not sure if the japanese voice acting is still end (doubt it is there though :/)
passwords changed opening changed

edit: lol beat to it XD

the_importer_
Nov 20, 2009, 10:06 PM
So in short, they gave it the typical work of a low budget game by removing any music for which they would need to pay royalties for and by replacing the Japanese voices for English ones recorded from people who were promised a free sandwich for their hard work.

Blood Raven
Nov 20, 2009, 10:07 PM
not much difference.

- intro music was changed
- changed the nintendo items into generic items though they still seem to be in the game according to the guidebook. they probably have different passwords
- voice changes for story characters and grunts for created characters

Your too quick ^^;

jmanx
Nov 20, 2009, 10:29 PM
WOW WAT REALLY ACCORDING TO THE GUIDE BOOK??????????? REALLY!? NINTEN ITEMS MAY STILL EXIST?

Fry_Heit
Nov 21, 2009, 02:55 AM
The Nintendo Items are NOT gone : I have the JP version, and showed them to a US version player, and he did see 'em all! So methinks you're bound to get them at some point.

xSHiNOx
Nov 21, 2009, 03:01 AM
transfer them to a US player. they will magically change into a generic weapon

Zilchrion
Nov 21, 2009, 03:33 AM
So in short, they gave it the typical work of a low budget game by removing any music for which they would need to pay royalties for and by replacing the Japanese voices for English ones recorded from people who were promised a free sandwich for their hard work.

The English voice actors did a good job, Im sure they also got bag of chips and a soft drink. Also they didnt take out any music they just changed the "press start" screen music, probably bc it was the same as the intro music and they didnt like it playing 2x. If anything they added a song

jmanx
Nov 21, 2009, 03:56 AM
Well the Start menu musik sounds more PSO ish ya know. They kept the 1` japanese song in it at the end but yea wish they stuck with the first one for the intro but the new one still fits to.

Gemel
Nov 21, 2009, 04:01 AM
Well the Start menu musik sounds more PSO ish ya know. They kept the 1` japanese song in it at the end but yea wish they stuck with the first one for the intro but the new one still fits to.

I actually like the English start menu music more, the intro song change is what I didn't like. xP

GHNeko
Nov 21, 2009, 04:03 AM
PSZ is only worth listening to when its not through DS speakers.

Else, get something else playing in the background.

MinscTFA
Nov 21, 2009, 12:40 PM
PSZ is only worth listening to when its not through DS speakers.

I'll second that.

The lack of the Japanese intro song doesn't bother me as it's really nothing special. Pretty much the same as any other standard JRPG or anime song.

I like the US title screen music more. Still doesn't beat A Song For Eternal Story.

pixelstar
Nov 21, 2009, 01:00 PM
So trading exclusive Japanese items to a US player (and vice/versa) won't work? That's useful and sad to know.
I wonder what items the European version will have.

xSHiNOx
Nov 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
no. it can be transfered. im just saying that if you transfer the nintendo items, it will turn into generic weapons in the US version