PDA

View Full Version : I want to create a FOmar :D

Zencidal
Nov 21, 2009, 11:35 AM
I decided that I wanted to make a FOmar but i'm completely clueless with them.

I've always played FOnewm so I have no knowledge of FOmars.

So I'm asking all you FOmar experts on what do with with one for example:

What kind of weapons should a good FOmar use?
What kind of MAG should I create?
Which MATS should I use?
What should I do to make my FOmar good?

I would be very grateful for you're help, and thank you. :D

Akaimizu
Nov 21, 2009, 12:34 PM
Not exactly too easy to mess up a FOmar. Still, they are primarily tech chuckers, but resilient ones. While one doesn't have to follow what I do, but I tend to use my FOmar more or less, like a Battle Mage. Sure, I often do set up to be a support mage, but I always keep at least one of the main elemental attacks in my palette.

Of course, as a human, the main thing you might struggle with, initially, is PP reserves. Unlike Newmans, you don't rebuild it naturally, and would have to hunt for a good PP recovery unit to mimic that ability. Still, early stage PP reserve is a bit low, but don't use that as a disadvantage, use it as a feature to do something else.

What that means, is that this setup promotes getting in there and doing some good melee inbetween techs. One of my strategies is to soften up a group with techs, and then go in for the kill with Melee attacks. This basically acts to prolong the time you have before you need to use a PP recovery item. Which means, that I can usually leave the PP recovery items out of the Palette, and use the Ltrigger+Start shortcut for them.

The kind of MAG and what MATS to use is basically set on how you want to balance your FOmar. Do you want him all tech?
a little less tech but a tank mage (which often means you're going for defense)?
A fighting mage, in which you're putting a lot of effort into the ability to jump into the fray and whack or shoot foes as well. (Defense and Accuracy are good bets).

Take note, melee damage for Staffs and Wands are based on MST not ATP, so if your favorite weapon to use in Melee are magical weapons, along with your good MST (Which you'll get anyway), you can feed into Accuracy, since you'll need that to hit your enemies better.

So weapon choice has a lot to do with what you want to do with your character. ATP is only has some importance if you're trying to create a FOMar who utilizes direct hunter or Ranger weapons. The problem with Hunter weapons, is that many of the multi-enemy hitting melee weapons are not available to you. And your Force melee weapons don't either. Well.... except for PAs, and those are important to note. While your force weapons won't hit multiple enemies or targets, many of their PAs are designed to hit multiple targets.

So anyway, if you plan on using your FOmar with strictly force weaponry, then ATP is not important. Techs, themselves, don't require ATA, but swinging your tech weapons in melee does. Your human defense and HP are assets, which means you can afford to step a bit more into danger and utilize more melee or force melee strategies. Not to mention, some melee PAs, even from staffs, grant you some great durability during the execution of the move. (rodeo drive as one example)

Zencidal
Nov 21, 2009, 12:46 PM
Not exactly too easy to mess up a FOmar. Still, they are primarily tech chuckers, but resilient ones. While one doesn't have to follow what I do, but I tend to use my FOmar more or less, like a Battle Mage. Sure, I often do set up to be a support mage, but I always keep at least one of the main elemental attacks in my palette.

Of course, as a human, the main thing you might struggle with, initially, is PP reserves. Unlike Newmans, you don't rebuild it naturally, and would have to hunt for a good PP recovery unit to mimic that ability. Still, early stage PP reserve is a bit low, but don't use that as a disadvantage, use it as a feature to do something else.

What that means, is that this setup promotes getting in there and doing some good melee inbetween techs. One of my strategies is to soften up a group with techs, and then go in for the kill with Melee attacks. This basically acts to prolong the time you have before you need to use a PP recovery item. Which means, that I can usually leave the PP recovery items out of the Palette, and use the Ltrigger+Start shortcut for them.

The kind of MAG and what MATS to use is basically set on how you want to balance your FOmar. Do you want him all tech?
a little less tech but a tank mage (which often means you're going for defense)?
A fighting mage, in which you're putting a lot of effort into the ability to jump into the fray and whack or shoot foes as well. (Defense and Accuracy are good bets).

Take note, melee damage for Staffs and Wands are based on MST not ATP, so if your favorite weapon to use in Melee are magical weapons, along with your good MST (Which you'll get anyway), you can feed into Accuracy, since you'll need that to hit your enemies better.

So weapon choice has a lot to do with what you want to do with your character. ATP is only has some importance if you're trying to create a FOMar who utilizes direct hunter or Ranger weapons. The problem with Hunter weapons, is that many of the multi-enemy hitting melee weapons are not available to you. And your Force melee weapons don't either. Well.... except for PAs, and those are important to note. While your force weapons won't hit multiple enemies or targets, many of their PAs are designed to hit multiple targets.

So anyway, if you plan on using your FOmar with strictly force weaponry, then ATP is not important. Techs, themselves, don't require ATA, but swinging your tech weapons in melee does. Your human defense and HP are assets, which means you can afford to step a bit more into danger and utilize more melee or force melee strategies. Not to mention, some melee PAs, even from staffs, grant you some great durability during the execution of the move. (rodeo drive as one example)

Wow, thanks for the help on that, cleared some things out.

But I noticed that some FOmars used mech guns on PSO is that effective?

Java378
Nov 21, 2009, 01:14 PM
Just play whatever you like. The FOmar is so versaitle, I can switch form slicers, to sabers, to mechguns.

Randomness
Nov 21, 2009, 01:18 PM
Slicers have the benefit of being MST based for damage. Probably your ideal ranged weapon, and it raises MST, so you can nuke with em out. PA wise, Bright Sign is easily the strongest. 4-5 hits in a decent area and it stuns.

And yeah... FOmar is pretty versatile.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 21, 2009, 02:16 PM
I just made a Fomar.

Starting out with two divine/minds, a Tech Save Lv 2, and PP recovery Level 4 helps, lol.

EDIT: Do you think going 60/40 on hit and mind on a mag would be and 50/50 on mind and defense on Mats would be good for my Fomar? I wanna get one of those Sig mags. Aren't those the ones that are at your feet?

Keyblade59
Nov 21, 2009, 02:47 PM
Lets see, for weapons, they are a mix of melee and magic so stick with like rods, as for a type of MAG make a mind-guard MAG or vice-versa. And to make your FOmar good, spend most of the beginning of the game raising your MAG, I was Lv16 and my mag was already at it's 3rd evolution with granrir as it's PB (linear attack that does alot of damage and has a chance to 1 hit KO)

Feed your Mag lots of useluss armours and magic weapons.

Zencidal
Nov 21, 2009, 03:06 PM
Lets see, for weapons, they are a mix of melee and magic so stick with like rods, as for a type of MAG make a mind-guard MAG or vice-versa. And to make your FOmar good, spend most of the beginning of the game raising your MAG, I was Lv16 and my mag was already at it's 3rd evolution with granrir as it's PB (linear attack that does alot of damage and has a chance to 1 hit KO)

Feed your Mag lots of useluss armours and magic weapons.

What if I want to use some mechguns? :o

Phoenix_Black
Nov 21, 2009, 03:09 PM
Also, do techniques rely on accuracy? Is it viable to just use only techniques?

Keyblade59
Nov 21, 2009, 03:14 PM
hmm, not sure if FOmars can use mechguns, but if they can, you could kinda even it out between mind and hit, just because the FOmar is good with techs and melee weapons for those who want to mix it up.

I think the mind stat also affects the power (so does the level of the tech), and accuracy of the techs (and the PP amount, of course) FOmars are for those who want somewhat of a mix of melee and tech, its your choice if you want to just only use tech and magic weapons or melee weapons and techs (or take advantage of the Force's ablitiy to use level 15 techs to be a superb hack and healer, which is one of the reasons the FOmar specializes in that) It's your choice, but prepare to if your going to try to make him use techs and range.

Akaimizu
Nov 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
Techniques always hit if the monster is in range of the technique. There is no accuracy used for them. Accuracy is only used for melee and ranged attacks. That also includes melee or straight ranged attacks from Staff or Force weapons. (example. Casting a technique with staff in hand doesn't use accuracy. But smacking a mob with that staff does, get it? And smacking them with the rod includes using the PA of the rod. A rod PA is technically a melee PA for the rod, not a technique.)

FOmars have limited melee and gun access, and that includes mech guns. Attack power and accuracy are used for those.

Randomness
Nov 21, 2009, 03:23 PM
Its a shame that the Axeon series of weapons doesn't gain more MST with grinding. Otherwise, would be a perfect weapon for a FOmar.

SirTopps
Nov 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
yes be a fomar. if so you can join the fo club. we would love to have ya.

Hatrix
Nov 24, 2009, 01:27 PM
So uhm your club is for Fomars only heh?

Akaimizu
Nov 24, 2009, 01:55 PM
No. The club mainly looks for those who actually play at least one Force character in PSZ.

Assassin 45
Nov 30, 2009, 02:58 PM
Ok here's problems I have with the force- How do I set my pallet up? I mean i have only light attack ,monofluid, and resta then on R I have 2 attack spells and moon atomizer. It seems the only way to use a tech is by equiping it to pallet then back out of menus and use it. Using this set up I loose the ability to roll. I guess I could lose the moons. If my teamate ir posioned how do I cure him? It seems easier to just use a sol item then to use anti. How do I keep the team shiftaed and debanded? It's like you can only choose a few spells to use and the others become kinda pointless.
I have very limited wifi use so I mainly play alone. The NPC's are pretty useless so I have to have some attack techs in my pallet. Any help would be appereciated.

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2009, 03:08 PM
Basically, you can't be a full-on tech casting force and have quick access to all techs. You pretty much have to make hard decisions about what to keep and what not to keep. For the most part, in each area, you can get by on 1 attack tech (attributed to the element most of the foes are weak against). I generally still keep the roll on my FOmar, because I like to get close and personal with lots of foes to save PP, and some nasty boss attacks are very tough to dodge without it.

The real issue is how to have the Buffs/debuffs on your character, while being able to do other support and attack roles. Of course, one of the beautiful things about this is that you no longer have to tag enemies to get exp from them. Not for abuse, but for the idea that you aren't pressured to hit every single foe while in a group.

For Techs, this setup often means the responsibilities may be offloaded to another character. As long as they are newman or human, someone else can handle part of your buff/debuffs, if you rather play the nuking healer, or all offense, if someone else can handle some heals. Yet still, you can become one of the mightiest things in this game.

So in a way, you're kind of forced to play as a specialized force, because you can't have it all at once. Take note, you have a staff or wand. Don't be embarrased as a Human Force, to smack foes directly with it. You'll find some challenges (as my character would say) are best solved without overthinking it. Sometimes, the way of the neanderthal works, in this situation.

The reason being, that non-tech attacks, along with the PAs, can act as your secondary attack method. So in order to be more versatile, I often use 1 prominent attack tech (the most useful one in a level) and for those that resist it, the physical approach as an alternate. You can hit pretty hard with a triple combo from those, and even more so with PAs. Sometimes (for some of the more tech resistant) the PAs could be your primary means of doing damage to the thing because, like techs, they can be utilized to hit multiple targets at once, for decent spread damage.

Ceresa
Nov 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ok here's problems I have with the force- How do I set my pallet up? I mean i have only light attack ,monofluid, and resta then on R I have 2 attack spells and moon atomizer. It seems the only way to use a tech is by equiping it to pallet then back out of menus and use it. Using this set up I loose the ability to roll. I guess I could lose the moons. If my teamate ir posioned how do I cure him? It seems easier to just use a sol item then to use anti. How do I keep the team shiftaed and debanded? It's like you can only choose a few spells to use and the others become kinda pointless.
I have very limited wifi use so I mainly play alone. The NPC's are pretty useless so I have to have some attack techs in my pallet. Any help would be appereciated.

Toss out moons, your teammates have scapes, and if they don't then they can wait until the room is clear for you to use moons from L+Start menu. NPCs auto revive when you change rooms.

Throw out Anti, all non-forces should have sol atomizers on their palette. Forces can heal through poison or burn, freeze and stun only last a couple seconds, confuse is L+Start sol atomizer. For AlAnti rezzing, see the moon section above! Everyone should be using a trap vision at start of mission to minimize status even further.

Deband is crap, toss it. Defense stat doesn't provide enough damage decrease on superhard.

Forces don't need dodge roll, toss it. Evade stat + resta + dpad is sufficient for survival.

That leaves you with 3 attack techs, shifta, resta, and one miscellaneous (Jellen so you evade more which means less damage taken, less time healing, less time on the ground, and more time doing damage or Zalure if someone else is doing Jellen)

For bosses equip slicer, sub in attack and heavy attack. Dimates or Trimates are nice for Humilias if you get caught in the slow beam. Sol Atomizer is nice for Chaos&Mobius if you get caught in the slow drilling area.

Simple!

RyanDanger
Nov 30, 2009, 03:15 PM
As a FOmar, I've found that a nice mst/hit mag + slicer makes you stupid awesome.

Talien
Dec 1, 2009, 12:49 AM
FOmar can indeed use some mechguns, as well as some cannons even. I haven't tried them yet myself though since I've mostly been sticking with Slicers and Daggers.

I was disappointed that double saber type weapons seem to be restricted to Hunters and Cast Rangers though, that was one of my favorite weapon types on my PSO FOmar.

Donnikun
Dec 1, 2009, 01:44 AM
Im a Fomar, i find upping guard and mind on a mag is good, since Fomars are a bit more resiliant, upping guard makes them live long enough to heal themselves against those super hard bosses. my palette is normal attack, difluid, resta, foie, barta, zonde. in facti could replace the fluid with strong attack or evasion roll, but having fluids ready is important for a battle caster type FOmar, like i play. my mag is a 40 guard, 30 mind 20 hit and 10 pow Larg, this has actually proven quite useful for me, and the butterfly wings are pretty cool, almost makes me not wanna make it femini when i find the femini soul lol.

but yeah, join the Forces of Nature, we are everything forces. over 50 members at this point.