PDA

View Full Version : Play Alone wi-fi feature?

TravisVI
Nov 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
in the booklet it says you can play by yourself while waiting for others to join. ive done this on a few occasions for an hour or two and nobody has ever joined...maybe im understanding that feature wrong? i assumed you start the game and you can play through areas by yourself until people get placed with you through matchmaking. Is this true or have i just been unlucky with someone getting placed in my game?

sylwyn
Nov 21, 2009, 02:07 PM
Matchmaking is only through free play. When you are online and playing whether it be play alone or free play, you get signals telling you when your FC people have signed on and if they are forming party or not.

seldomridgej
Nov 21, 2009, 02:09 PM
Talk to the quest lady. In online mode, you can view friend status.

VincentV
Nov 21, 2009, 02:14 PM
Play by Yourself allows you to play Online mode by yourself but also allows you to check the status of Friends in your Friends list in order to join them or have them join you. It doesn't work with people you don't know

jmanx
Nov 21, 2009, 04:22 PM
its mostly cuz the game will inform u immediately if someone is hosting

Epically Leet
Nov 21, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you, guys, even if no one was intending to help me.

I was confused as to why there was a single player... online mode. Now I know why. Quite nifty.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
It's a nice feature if you want to do something while waiting for a friend to come online for instance.

Epically Leet
Nov 21, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, exactly.

GHNeko
Nov 21, 2009, 06:06 PM
Also, monsters have online stats, so you could solo online and get more exp as opposed to playing offline.

So that's a + too.

Java378
Nov 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
A bit of a let down, I was expecting to have people jump in the game with me.

GHNeko
Nov 21, 2009, 08:22 PM
Practical features? Sega? Nintendo? Naaaaaah.

mid Knight
Nov 23, 2009, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know what rewards you get when you complete certain missions when playing alone wifi? I mean I done a few in normal and just get grinders but does it get better in hard or very hard?