PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Your last boss hopes? (maybe spoilers?)

Lucky 777
Nov 23, 2009, 05:49 PM
What do you hope this games final boss will be like? I just pray that its not Dulk Fakis a 3rd time he was a sad joke in Portable compared to Helga and her delsaber-esque body guards those giant nightmares killed me 5 times over while I had to listen to Helga's obnoxius cackle. :-(

P.S:On an unrelated note as impossible as it is I want to see a Bayonetta collab
that game looks smexy :-P

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm sure the final boss will be Shizuru transformed into Dulk Fakis. Though I would hate for this to happen, I'm quite convinced it will.

P.S: I know what you mean about Bayonetta. I played the demo at my friend's house, and I must say: Sega did Devil May Cry-style combat better than Capcom, for God's sake. I'm 100% into getting that game now.

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2009, 06:30 PM
Bayonetta's pervertedness and all too frequent courtesy shots makes the main character alot of things other than sexy.

What do i want? A kickass fight, preferably 3 forms. I want to have to block, dodge and work my ass off for the kill, and i want to fight it (combined) for at LEAST 10 minutes.

It needs to be a boss that cant easily be trashed just because you're max level or have alot of people. Usually, game designers do this by giving the final boss a completely unfair attack that throws you off no matter how good you are. Like, every RPG ive ever played does this. The final boss, espically in this game, needs to have an attack that completely rapes the party. Like, 85% max hp damage to the party, Burn, Stun, and sets your PP to zero -- something that completely puts you on the defensive.

Im not too worried, though. PSP1's exclusive bosses (Vivienne and Helga) were pretty damn welldone, and were the first actual humanoid bosses the series has ever had.

P.S: I know what you mean about Bayonetta. I played the demo at my friend's house, and I must say: Sega did Devil May Cry-style combat better than Capcom, for God's sake. I'm 100% into getting that game now.
Why do people keep saying this? Sega didn't have shit to do with this game -- they just published it, like they published The Conduit. And the only reason Bayonetta is "Devil May Cry v2.0" is because the exact same designer is working on the game -- expect DMC5 to be greater than Bayonetta.

Mike
Nov 23, 2009, 07:53 PM
Emelia, but we've been over this before.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 23, 2009, 07:56 PM
Shizuru in the good ending (bad ending?)
Emilia in the bad ending (good ending?)

Geez.... things get so confusing when you mess with the Light Is Not Good trope...

Lucky 777
Nov 23, 2009, 08:01 PM
Remius I know what you mean Fakis was child's play compared to Helga and Vivienne.And even though Vivienne was easier she took forever to catch compared to Helga and took a Scape Doll from me.And good call for Helga's guards being based off Delsabers the one and only normal enemy that was my bane in the PSO days.

Mike
Nov 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
On the topic of endings, the "new game plus" feature that pretty much sucked in PSP1 has been redone for PSP2. Hopefully it will just let you start the story over without dropping all your weapons and PAs.

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2009, 08:03 PM
Why do people keep saying this? Sega didn't have shit to do with this game -- they just published it, like they published The Conduit. And the only reason Bayonetta is "Devil May Cry v2.0" is because the exact same designer is working on the game -- expect DMC5 to be greater than Bayonetta.

Well, soooorrry. I don't pay enough attention to Devil May Cry (or it's designers) to know any of that, considering I never liked the games, as a franchise.

Anyway: I forgot about the good/bad ending scenario. Yeah, I'm sure it'll be exactly what everyone has already stated.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 23, 2009, 09:01 PM
Prolly gonna end up being SEED-Sizzle. Gut feeling I do suppose. It's gonna be as terrible as Final Fantasy 13.

But it would be fun if it wasn't! I'd like to take an axe to "The Goddess of Light".

darkante
Nov 23, 2009, 11:49 PM
Iīm pretty certain it will be Dark Falz in some shape and size.
Letīs just hope they donīt waste the efforts. They need a kick in the rear with a bomb implented if they do the same mistake again.

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2009, 11:57 PM
Well, soooorrry. I don't pay enough attention to Devil May Cry (or it's designers) to know any of that, considering I never liked the games, as a franchise.

Anyway: I forgot about the good/bad ending scenario. Yeah, I'm sure it'll be exactly what everyone has already stated.

Oh i wasnt attacking you, sorry lol

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2009, 11:59 PM
Besides guys, they've implemented way too much in this game to recycle Falkis for the FOURTH time.....

...i hope.

Dont know how the dblpost happened.

BioWarrior
Nov 24, 2009, 12:39 AM
I would very much like a plot twist where Olga Flow never died in pso and created the seed thus the whole dimension rift bs for the pso stages/items and is finally put down in psp2. With my random retard theories aside.

You know sega has the balls to do a fakis reskin cause clearly the seed weren't wiped out. And to further pissoff people it'll prolly be dark falz again like in ep3. With no new forms.

Mysterious-G
Nov 24, 2009, 02:29 AM
I think it will be the Seed Dragon, Olgadilan.

RemiusTA
Nov 24, 2009, 02:32 AM
if the final boss is falkis again then psp2 will have undone everything it achieved

Lucky 777
Nov 24, 2009, 10:34 AM
This game has done ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING right so far to me,but if I see Fakis AGAIN Sega should get slapped with a spiked bat.
Slightly off Topic:Fakis being the last boss would be like how the people who made Batman Arkham Asylum crapped out on making the last fight a good one.Everything in that game felt right up til that point.I just pray Sega is as imaginative at the end as they were the start

BIG OLAF
Nov 24, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think it will be the Seed Dragon, Olgadilan.

Olgadilan is a rare boss, not the final boss. His portal will randomly appear during missions, a la the arenas in PSZ. I suppose that doesn't mean he won't be the final boss, but it's improbable.

Mysterious-G
Nov 24, 2009, 11:30 AM
Olgadilan is a rare boss, not the final boss. His portal will randomly appear during missions, a la the arenas in PSZ. I suppose that doesn't mean he won't be the final boss, but it's improbable.

I dont see why that would make it improbable.
There only seem to be 4 new areas, of which each has its own boss, already.
So Olgadilan has no area left to be a boss in free mode, hence making him a rare boss.

But we will visit old areas in story mode. We have already seen a short clip of a Rykros cutscene in one of the trailers and I do not see why they should not make the dragon the boss of it or any other (old) area in story mode.
(Same applies to free mode, naturally, but I would rather have a rare boss than two bosses in the same area.)

I won't even believe that they would ever design a boss this threatening to be a rare one only in its purpose. That just does not fit the rare enemy section of this game, at all.
If they create a boss, then it will be used in story mode. Hell, it's still SEGA we are talking about! They shove down every tiny bit of content they provide our throats and I simply cannot believe that it will be any different this time.

Illuminate
Nov 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
You know what'd be a REAL killer?! Is if there was NO final boss in the story line. XD

Amherst_Wind
Nov 24, 2009, 12:32 PM
I hear that theres a secret last boss...

Crouch: If at anytime you try to angle the camera to look at Emilia's striped panties he will replace the final boss and beat you down for being a pervert. :)

darkante
Nov 24, 2009, 12:42 PM
You know what'd be a REAL killer?! Is if there was NO final boss in the story line. XD

Good idea, but this is also good.

How about a kickass mini-rappy of destruction! :O
That would made my jaw drop of awesomeness.

Illuminate
Nov 24, 2009, 01:41 PM
I hear that theres a secret last boss...

Crouch: If at anytime you try to angle the camera to look at Emilia's striped panties he will replace the final boss and beat you down for being a pervert. :)Yeah, cause those pantyshots of Emilia are Crouch's, and Crouch's alone, and he's jealous when somebody else looks! o.O; And I totally screwed up on the spoiler for that so I'm not even gonna bother, picky PSO-world forums. xD

REIA-1
Nov 29, 2009, 09:05 PM
Bayonetta's pervertedness and all too frequent courtesy shots makes the main character alot of things other than sexy.

What do i want? A kickass fight, preferably 3 forms. I want to have to block, dodge and work my ass off for the kill, and i want to fight it (combined) for at LEAST 10 minutes.

It needs to be a boss that cant easily be trashed just because you're max level or have alot of people. Usually, game designers do this by giving the final boss a completely unfair attack that throws you off no matter how good you are. Like, every RPG ive ever played does this. The final boss, espically in this game, needs to have an attack that completely rapes the party. Like, 85% max hp damage to the party, Burn, Stun, and sets your PP to zero -- something that completely puts you on the defensive.

Im not too worried, though. PSP1's exclusive bosses (Vivienne and Helga) were pretty damn welldone, and were the first actual humanoid bosses the series has ever had.

Well about that the level overcapping wont be a thing that gonna make it easy, you will have a certain level cap limitation for the story mode mission, althou yes, probably the S rank mission will introduce his LV 200 version as well.

As for my guess I should wanna see either another rendition of Olga Flow, one of PSO's hardest bosses, aside of Olga deragan or whatever appears and might be related. I won't go to plzprofounddarknessincarnate since we all know that PS4 was made to "end the series" if we introduce a boss like that it would mean the same as well

REIA-1
Nov 29, 2009, 09:11 PM

Well about that the level overcapping wont be a thing that gonna make it easy, you will have a certain level cap limitation for the story mode mission, althou yes, probably the S rank mission will introduce his LV 200 version as well.

As for my guess I should wanna see either another rendition of Olga Flow, one of PSO's hardest bosses, aside of Olga deragan or whatever appears and might be related. I won't go to plzprofounddarknessincarnate since we all know that PS4 was made to "end the series" if we introduce a boss like that it would mean the same as well

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 29, 2009, 11:14 PM
I'd still love a "Profound Light" boss. Instead of being the all encompasing darkness why not the all encompassing light? It would, as M. Night Shyamalan say: "What a twist!".

darkante
Nov 30, 2009, 12:38 AM
I'd still love a "Profound Light" boss. Instead of being the all encompasing darkness why not the all encompassing light? It would, as M. Night Shyamalan say: "What a twist!".

Hyes, anything that doesnīt mean another "Dark falz" or "Mother" boss.
That would be a twist per se.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 30, 2009, 06:52 AM

It will be, if a Goddess turns up you can be pretty sure one of two things will happen...

She will be there to help you fight the darkness (yawn boring)
Or...
She has seen the chaos and destruction in the Universe and has decided "lol reset" and so plans to destroy all life to start again, seeing as she created it all in the first place.
This way shes still the Profound Light, all good character with good intentions (stopping the chaos) except the way she's going about it isn't quite cool with ya know... everyone who exists.
That point is where Shizuru starts to appear as a potential Well Intentioned Extremist; he just wants to save everyone, it just so happens to do that he has to kill a small girl... :l