PDA

View Full Version : Character Choices...

Blood Raven
Nov 23, 2009, 07:28 PM
Well to best honest I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am unsure of what to choose as my two other characters. I want to have a ranger and force.

I have easily narrowed down to RAcast or RAcaseal but I don't know which of the two. Do I want more accuracy (which seems to be the trend) or do more damage and have a bit of more defense (however defense won't matter much since I'll be at the back of the party). So any suggestions. I plan on having a 100 power mag for leveling and 80/20 power/guard for bosses.

Now with forces I have no idea. I don't really use techs so I don't know the benefits of any of the characters. I know the FOnewe has highest tech ability but looks like FOmar has bonuses to battle techs. I am leaning towards FOmar because I wanna be a "mage" rather then a support healer. I know that the Newmans have natural pp recovery but I am not factoring that since I'll just use pp recovery and tech save too. Anybody with experience wanna give some advice?

I'd like to hear some experience like bossing and normal leveling if I could. Thank you! :-P

sylwyn
Nov 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
Both males have bonuses bonuses to battle techs, newm also has bonus to grants and megid while penalized in resta and mar has 5% more bonus in just the basic 3 elements. Take into consideration that PP recovery lv5 = 5pp/5sec regardless if you are walking or resting and not 5% while idle like the newman ability. Newman pp recovery also stacks with the unit but those units do not stack if you put more on. (Razonde is great on bosses except trinity/falz)

Playing as a hunewm I never needed more ata than what I had from gaining levels and hit from what I can tell 95% of the time, so as a ranger you should not need any at all.

koikaze
Nov 23, 2009, 08:04 PM
The main difference between RAcast and RAcaseal are their traps. Don't worry about the stat thing, because that is really minor. It's a choice between weather or not you like ice or healing traps more (you can also factor in how the character looks).

For force, you should figure out if you want to be more offensive or support oriented. The females get + to their healing while the males get + to attack techniques.

darthplagis
Nov 23, 2009, 08:11 PM
RAcast with mechguns looks soooooooo g@y the way his arms hang limply by his sides when running. yeah that made me delete and make a RAcaseal

Evicous
Nov 23, 2009, 08:23 PM
RAcast, you really won't need the tiny bonus in ATA.

FOnewm if you want to be offensive with your techs. FOnewearl if you want to be the healer. I'm going to guess you want to be a FOnewm. ^^
And newms get the PP recovery, which is pretty nice godly when stacked with a lvl5 PP Recovery unit.

Short and simple, eh?

Zephton
Nov 23, 2009, 08:24 PM
As far as the Forces go, FOnewm's tech will outdamage FOmar's... and essentially FOnewm is tha main attacker of the forces. FOmar does decent damage and is a little bulkier. FOmarl is a healer and FOnewearl does decent attack damage, a great healer, and the strongest meleer of the forces.

Blood Raven
Nov 23, 2009, 09:31 PM
Well I have decided to do a FOnewm from what you all have said. I don't know about RA though. ^^;

I have a HUcast so I understand the difference in traps but to be honest I haven't needed to use traps much. I used a few on the Dragon and Mother Trinity but thats it. I would say I am more into the stats but looking at RAcast and RAcaseal neither really looks good whether it be appearance or using/holding weapons. :-? Thanks for the help so far.

Randomness
Nov 23, 2009, 10:13 PM
RAcast, you really won't need the tiny bonus in ATA.

You might like having more heal traps though. Nice to be able to self-rez.

Blood Raven
Nov 26, 2009, 05:06 PM
I still don't know about my RA class. I really don't use heal traps to self-rez me but I do use them to rez other people. However I haven't done Super Hard mode ET so I am not sure if I'll want the extra accuracy or not. Anybody done Super Hard wanna enlighten me. :D